Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 05:48 PM

12 posts, read 25,394 times

Advertisements

This is a bit of a long shot but im looking for my birth mother who i believe may still be in california
her maiden name was Carol Glover
She then married and was Carol Smith
she later divorced and could have remarried so its likely her last name will have changed
her date of birth is 15th of september 1963 so she's 44
had black curly hair and is about 5'7''

i dont know much else really she has family in england, which is were i am from but i believe she is still in california where she was born.

she named me amanda katherine smith, my name is now kelsey

also my fathers name is grant thomas williams he is around the same age i'm mainly looking for my mother but if anyone can help me at all i would greatly appreciate it. i would really like to get in touch with her.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 06:13 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,453,063 times
Any other names associated with her? If she was born in Sept. of 1963, then she'd be 45. Have a look on peoplefinders.com. Type in California for the state and put in her age. After that, you might try zabasearch.com for a possible address and phone number. Good luck.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:25 AM

she also has a daughter called sarah jane smith who will be around 25 years old.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:35 PM

838 posts, read 2,228,943 times
Okay, I believe this is her:
MelissaData.com | People Summary
Look at #5 -
Date of birth is correct. Carol S. Smith. Also, right side, there is a Grant T Williams (I believe he is in California, but looks like she is in NV). Also see right side, there is a Thomas J. Glover. Since this has all 3 of the names you requested, looks like it might be your person. What do you think?
And how about this for him?
http://www.people-finders.ws/Summary...put=&x=58&y=13

Last edited by Susan13202; 12-15-2008 at 07:00 PM..

Old 12-16-2008, 04:36 AM

That looks very hopeful indeed thankyou so much im going to get more details as soon as the melissadata telephone line is open, i cant register online because im in the uk and there is an -8 hour time differance but im very excited about this i will let you know how i get on.

Thanks for taking the time to look for me.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:46 PM

I don't know that I would pay for the site. I use it just to find out what city the person lives in and who their relatives are. Usually the information you pay for is outdated, numbers unlisted, etc. If you think that is the right one, then let's see what we can find in public records (free ones) first. Give me a couple of days for this. I work late and it is hard to do this during the week. But I live in Florida and a lot of the people she is connected to live in Florida. If we cannot find her directly, it may be possible to find her indirectly through one of the people she is connected to. The reason I use Melissa Data is because they give you a lot of free information which can be used to find the person through free sites and public records. Also, some of the other researchers on this site may jump in and help... There are excellent researchers here and we have different resources.

Last edited by Susan13202; 12-16-2008 at 07:50 PM..

Old 12-16-2008, 08:46 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,453,063 times
Hi misspears. What Susan13202 found is very helpful. I took some information from the website that she posted and decided to look at one of the relatives/roommate possibilities. Since there were several and most of them had common or fairly common names, I looked at the name that I was pretty sure would be easier to find (the less common one). My hope is that you might want to contact someone who is or was associated with the person you are looking for. I looked at Juanita M. Nickerson and found that she, at one point, lived in Dayton, NV too, but now lives in Discovery Bay (or Byron), CA. Phone: (925) 513-8789. By typing in her telephone number, I was hoping I'd also find the name of the person you are looking for, however, I did find a website that listed Juanita on a Registry of Intrpreters for the Deaf (RID). That website gave this email address for Juanita: sneezer59 @ yahoo.com. Zabasearch.com gave me her address as well. I'd give it a try if I were you. Perhaps she can help you. Good luck.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:27 AM

hi, thank you very much for your help i payed for the 24 hour access to melissa data before i read your post and as you said most of the information is outdated the most up to date address it had for her was riverboat road in dayton in 2001, i am now 99% sure this is her as i know she had a brother called keith glover and he came up when i searched a little bit further; so i am very excited about this but was a little bit lost when i found the contact information wasn't updated and wasnt sure where to look next, but im glad to find you are all so helpful

i also found that she lived at the same adress as Juanita M. Nickerson in dayton in 1996, so quite a long time ago but i am going to try the e-mail adress you have found for me and see if they have any information.

i will let you know how i get on, anything else you find will be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:08 AM

I have also found that she lived at the same adress as Grant Williams (my dad) and someone called
Christy J Barnes in barbie lane florida in 2000 i've got the exact adress and have found that Christy still lives there ( according to zabasearch anyway) but there is no phone number, i have sent an email to Juanita but this may be a better lead as it is more recent, is there a way to get Christys email or telephone? if not i will write a letter but wanted to make sure first.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 AM

I am not really all that familiar if you have unlimited access for 24 hours or not, but if you do, since you got the access for 24 hours to Melissa Data, check every single person listed as a relative or possible roommate for her. Save all their information. Then check all of those people to see whatever new connections come up and check all of those people.
Since you are long distance calling the states, if you need help calling, I have free long distance access to anywhere in the US and I would be willing to help call if you want me to. Let me know.
I have today off, though my daughter will have the computer most of the day for work, but after you get all your info off Melissa Data, you can send it by e-mail to ecam and myself by clicking on our names and clicking on the "send an e-mail". You can also post it here, although you will most likely have a lot of information and I'm not sure how much you will want to post.
Just because the information is outdated does not mean it will not be helpful. For instance, it will give you the dates they lived in the residences which will mean we will have the progression and know which is most likely. It will give you actual addresses, which means we can check real estate records to see who owned the home. If it is a landlord, we may be able to contact them to see what they know.
Don't forget to check your father's information as well while you have the access and save all that information.
Even if you have an old address, if they have moved within the last year, the post office will forward a letter for a year if the person put in a forward. After a year, for the next 6 months, the post office will send the letter back to you with the person's forwarding address. After 18 months, you will get the letter back with "Forwarding Expired" (which is not at all helpful except that you will know they moved at least 18 months ago). If you get it back attempted unknown or moved left no address, they did not put in a forward and that is not at all helpful.
One more thing, I live in Florida. If it is an address that is near Tampa with no phone number, I would be able to go there in person. I do not live near Fort Myers, too far south. If you don't know how far a city is, go to mapquest and get directions from Tampa to the city and you will know how far away it is. Anything near Tampa I can help you with.
Also, check out this site,
http://www.blackbookonline.info/
Most of their records are free (those are the only kind I recommend) and there are public records from all the states there. That is where we will find real estate records, court records, voters registrations, professional licenses. For instance, one of the people listed is Shawna M Miller. She was listed in Fort Myers on Melissa Data. If they say she is a nurse, there is a Shawna M Miller listed as an LPN in Lakeland, FL with an address, no phone.
I am going to direct message you my e-mail address so you can go there directly if you want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search