Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How can I find my father
Find my father 0 0%
Looking for my father 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 05:28 PM

5 posts, read 5,903 times

Advertisements

Hello I'm looking for my father I never met him I'm 25 years old now and I really want to know my father I want to know if he will accept me for being a gay male and if he like to get in contact with me his name is Wally ledesma my name is Michael ledesma I would be so thankful if I could at least get in touch with him please if anyone can help I would be most thankful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 07:58 PM

Sorry I do not know how to tell if someone read of replayed to this can someone tell me if they know anything about finding my father

Old 05-19-2013, 08:30 PM

26,648 posts, read 28,516,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob05002 View Post
Sorry I do not know how to tell if someone read of replayed to this can someone tell me if they know anything about finding my father
Someone suggested that you post in this thread about finding people instead of in genealogy. I moved your post to this forum. This is the appropriate forum for your post and if anyone replies, you will find the replies here.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:37 PM

Thank yiu

Old 05-19-2013, 08:56 PM

149 posts, read 256,029 times
well Jacob as another gay person, I am older then you are. I was also adopted and just found my birth family (mom is dead) but I have a half sister and a full blood brother and our father is also still living but I have no interest in meeting or getting to know him. My Sister does know I am gay I did come out to her. I will tell you once you meet him or talk to him go slow, he will need to adjust to you first then you can tell him your gay. If you do it both at the same time it may end badly for you and you will get very hurt.

As to starting.... Start with your mom does she know him where he is from? Once you know that, that will be a good starting point for you. good luck to you and keep us posted

Old 05-19-2013, 09:05 PM

Me and my mom aren't on talking terms she left me and my brother and sister in Colorado haven't spoken to hey since no body I know knows my father but I would love to meet him I know he had other kids now 4 two girls 2 boys

Old 05-19-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Me and my mom aren't on talking terms she left me and my brother and sister in Colorado haven't spoken to hey since no body I know knows my father but I would love to meet him I know he had other kids now 4 two girls 2 boys
Ok then I would tell you to get your birth certificate if you haven't already, I don't know which state your in but some states will allow you to apply for an original birth certificate it may or may not have your birth father on it. You will have to know the city that you where born in, since you are over 21 you should have no problem. I would still go slow and get to know him before you come out, let him get to know you and get use to you before you come fully out. You sound intelligent so I don't want to you to get hurt which may happen so do keep that in mind.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:53 PM

Thank you and I already know my fathers name and what county/city I was born in the issues is I don't know where to look for him I was born in Texas last I heard my father was still in Texas but how do I start looking for him and where do I start

Old 05-20-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Thank you and I already know my fathers name and what county/city I was born in the issues is I don't know where to look for him I was born in Texas last I heard my father was still in Texas but how do I start looking for him and where do I start

Ok well this is easy, I did a search on Ancestry.com that would be idea to find out where he is, you can also call information or use the white pages to get his phone number and address. I am hoping maybe there might be a angle out there that will help you. In my case I just did one simple search found my mom had passed but my sister was running her family tree. Did you possibly see if he was on facebook? that might be another way to go about finding him. I am guessing you where not adopted? So it should be easier to track him down if he wants to be found. If he doesn't your sort of between a rock and a hard place.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,481,225 times
Is your Father 59 yrs old?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search