Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 09:22 AM

12 posts, read 37,326 times

Advertisements

I am looking for an old friend Joe Powell, although he always liked to be called KIP. I knew Joe back in the 80's and we actually were room mates for a while. He indicated that he grew up in the green river area of the state and he used to grow melons in the summertime in that area. Joe would be about 61 years old now, he stands about 5'7" tall and weighs about 170 lbs. He always was quite healthy and could be found at Deseret Gym most of the time working out. Here a couple of pictures of Joe that I have. Joe fancied himself a cowboy and he did mention that he participated in amateur rodeo events when he was younger. Joe also had a brother that lived in West Valley and I had a chance to meet him once but I fail to remember his name. Joe used to drive an older yellow toyota that was an older model even back in the 80's. If you know of Joe or Kip's whereabouts I would really appreciate a call or an e-mail at any of the addressed or numbers below. Thanks and I appreciate your help.

804-909-4468 - Cell
spiazza@orangelake.com
farmer34736@yahoo.com

Here are the pictures

Attachment 31691

Attachment 31692

Attachment 31693

Last edited by farmer34736; 02-24-2014 at 08:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 12:58 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,349,309 times
What city did he live in when you knew him?

Old 12-03-2008, 01:11 PM

We both lived in Salt Lake City around 1985 thru 1987, I know that his family was from Green River or down near Price, Utah. We were room mates for a while and we had an apartment up by the Capital, he also had a brother or an uncle that lived out in West Valley or down near Draper.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:28 PM

Ok, because searched by his name and age in Utah, only one came up... in Price.. but no relatives listed. However, when I did an address search with his name and Price, Utah, I got nothing. I'll try with Salt Lake. If you remember the brother's name, or any other family members, please post it. It helps a lot to narrow it down. There are many Joseph Powells out there.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:33 PM

Yes I have done a bunch of searches on the web with the name, I believe his brothers name may have been Aaron or something along those lines, in addition I know that he was born in 1947 and that his father had passed away sometime in the 1970's. He was always pretty private about his personal life, and I respected that, but It would be great if I could re-connect with him. I am just trying to find out how he is doing and if he is holding up OK. I know at the time I knew him he had never been married and he was a pretty solitary guy. Thanks for your help I certainly appreciate it.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:37 PM

The age is off, but does this look like it may be him?

POWELL, JOSEPH NEIL (Age 63)

Associated names:

POWELL, J
POWELL, NEIL J
POWELL, NEIL N

Possible Employment / Business Associations:

CUSTOM PIPE & FABRICATION, INC
DRAPER HEIGHTS SUBDIVISION HOA
PENTAD, LLC
RUBBER TECHNOLOGIES, INC

DRAPER, UT
WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
SALT LAKE CITY, UT
SANDY, UT

Possible Relatives:

POWELL, J N
POWELL, NIEL
POWELL, SALES
HANCOCK, ROBIN P (Age 40)
POWELL, NEIL
POWELL, SONDRA MACKERELL (Age 65)

Possible Roommates / Associates:

ADDISON, JANEIL L (Age 38)
ADDISON, TERRY NEAL (Age 38)
ENGLAND, TYLER DRU (Age 41)

Old 12-03-2008, 01:54 PM

I am not sure, I thought his middle name may have started with a R. This could be him and I am going to try to send an e-mail to the company Custom Pipe and Fabrication to see if I can get any type of response. Thanks for your help again, you are making more headway than I have been able to do in a year.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:58 PM

The one that came up in Price had the middle initial "R," and he was 61. But I can't find an address so he probably has moved.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:08 PM

Yes I believe that the one that you have found in Price, Joseph R Powell is the one that I am looking for. That is usually where my trail comes up cold. That is why I am posting a picture of him on this web site and others to see if I can find someone that may know him now or knew him in the past. It kind of upsets me that he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth, I know he was a pretty private person, but no one just disappears, if you know what I mean. Again I appreciate your help and I know you are helping someone that really does appreciate your time. Thanks again.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:17 PM

The problem is, it's a common name, and his current address could be under Joseph Powell or Joe Powell, and not list an age. Without the age and initial, there are tons of hits and hard to narrow it down. He also could be living with someone and not have an address listed in his own name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search