U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 05:47 PM

575 posts, read 3,468,717 times

Advertisements

I hope it's not the right one, she is deceased

GLENDA C HOPKINS
GLENDA HOPKINS
G HOPKINS
Gender - Female
1/xx/1955
(Age at death: 53)

Died June 19, 2008

494 LEES MILL RD
FAYETTEVILLE GA 30214-3637

I really think it's the #2 one I found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 06:43 PM

652 posts, read 1,588,036 times
Default It's ok and normal to want to find her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
I have tried everything I can think of to find my birth mother. I'm just at my wits end. I have tried very hard to move past this and focus on the fact that I have a wonderful and loving family now.( Which I am COMPLETELY greatful for!) I keep telling myself the past doesn't matter, and to some it may not, but it's just getting increasingly difficult. I've called several of the search agencies, but I just can't afford that! I've searched and googled for hours and hours, using any name combinations or information I can think of. I've phoned people, who's names and ages are anywhere close. I'm really getting desperate, I mean, if nothing else, I would just like medical information.

I think it's just been really hard for me because I grew up my whole life feeling like something just wasn't right. Don't get me wrong, I was very close to my dad,but I always sorta felt like a square peg in a round hole. I asked countless times growing up if I was adopted, but was always told no and then given some long story about my birth. So when I found out just a few years ago, that I was indeed adopted, it just broke my heart,on several levels. Probably, because I found out just after my dad passed.

Anyway, sory for the sob story, I'm just hoping for a bit of wisdom, any advice, anything that I may be able to use in my search.

Thanks!

It doesn't mean you are ungrateful or anything else negative. It is just one of the many possible normal reactions to the information.
It's none of my business, but you were lied to all of your life, out of a misguided sense of protecting you, your adoptive mother may be afraid of losing you. I hope you work this all out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or