U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,158 times

Advertisements

Scorpio1978, my wife ran across your posting by accident but once reading it realized that you are my half nephew. I am Doug's half brother, Steve, and currently live in Las Vegas. I can give you some insight into the family that you may not have yet.
My dad, Gearald Glenn Struve, known as Jerry married Evelyn (don't know her maiden name) and had Glenn Douglas Struve. They divorced and Evelyn married Lloyd Lockhart and had two boys. You already know about them. Doug lived with them in Xenia Ohio.
Jerry then married Dorthy Mae Weer. Dorthy had a son (Mickey Marr) by her first marriage. Then they had me. Stephen Jay Struve.
This created a yours / mine / and ours situation. I had two half brothers.
Doug married Janis and had Timmy and Tammy, both of which you know about. We have pictures of Doug and Janis and family up thru 1971. Then in 1973 we have a few pictures of Doug and a wife and two children. It appears that the baby is Arlene and the older boy was probably the wifes child but not Dougs. These pictures were taken at Jerry's home in Dayon Ohio. I am guessing that this is wife three from your listing in this post. I don't believe that I ever met wife two or your mother. I did see Doug again in Florida when our dad was ill. At that time I met Jeri and their daughter. Soon thereafter Jerry passed away. My other half brother, Mickey, lived in Florida and took care of our mom until he passed away. About a year and a half later I found out that Doug had died. My mom had not bothered to tell me. This upset me because I would have liked to have known that he was ill and I would have liked to have seen him before he died. He was my bother.

I have a son named Daniel who is your half cousin and he has a son named Zack (7 years old at this time) who is you half second cousin. They both live here in Las Vegas.

We have made six moves over the years and actually lived in Concord NC from Jan 1989 thru Nov 1998. I see that you have your address as Charlotte. Could we have been there at the same time?

Would be more than happy to talk to you if you wish. I have photos that you might like to see of Doug starting about his high school years thru 1973. Many of Janis and the kids. Most of these are actually Jerry's 35mm slides that I now have.

Reply to this post and if you wish to talk or see anything we can arrange with phone numbers, or Email addresses.

Steve Struve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 908 times
im not sure if any of you are still looking at posts on this web site or not...Well my name is andrew cathey...i was born in 1978...and was andrew douglas struve.. my sisters name is arlene struve.i was adopted by my step-father when i was two...I now live in ocala, FL..but grew up in pensacola florida...i never met my sperm donor as i call him, doug struve...he left my mother when she was pregnant with me..im now 33 and never met him...it looks like he passed away when i was 21..so hope this clears up some questions you might have...feel free to contact me through this websight and we can talk

Old 08-08-2011, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 889 times
My name is Arlene Struve, now Arlene Wires 38 yrs old and I was born July 31, 1973 in Sarasota Fl. where I lived with My parents Doug and Lorraine Struve, now Lorraine Cathey, and I have a brother named Andrew. After they divorced, We were raised by our mother and our step father in Pensacola Florida. My brother wanted no contact with him he never knew him. I last saw my father when I was 7 when I went to visit him after he was remarried and had just had another daughter. That was the last time I saw him. I did have some contact with him for a while after that through letters and pictures with him that we wrote back and forth that I still have today. After that we lost touch with each other. I knew Timothy and Tammy and I am sorry to hear that he passed. My oldest son's name is Timothy. I am married and we have 6 children. We live in Milton Florida which is outside of Pensacola Florida. I still have some old pictures and newspaper clippings of him that I have kept. Pictures of Trips to disney world with him when I was little and stuff like that. Feel free to contact me and we can talk and I will fill in any information that I might have with you. Arlene

Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,092,939 times
This is one of the better threads in the People Search area. So much work and information here. I wish you all could get together and it looks like the original poster hasn't been back in a while. Have you tried a Direct Message ? Good luck to you all in connecting. BTW, I am not a Struve, just an interested bystander....<s>

Old 06-07-2012, 05:09 PM

20,050 posts, read 12,012,306 times
way too much info for a public forum

Old 06-09-2012, 11:19 AM

2,918 posts, read 2,777,527 times
Who cares if its too much info. Great that this site and its people can connect familes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or