U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 04:19 PM

575 posts, read 3,467,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta Jennings View Post
I think the ss# indicates where the original ssn application was made. Mine starts with 007 which is Maine, but I was born in New Mexico.
humm yep thats true... but going back in time to the 50's most people didn't travel allot and applied (I think it was 6 months old or 1 year old at that time) for the ss.... unusually it will be the same state of birth but like you, it can be another state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 04:21 PM

575 posts, read 3,467,839 times
Actually here is the exact info on that:

Prior to 1972 the AREA designated the state in which the subject applied for their card, while after 1972 it showed the state in which the applicant resided at the time they applied. Now it is determined by the ZIP code in the mailing address on the person's application for a card.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:29 PM

10 posts, read 32,353 times
She dissapeared from a high school for troubled children when she was 17, but by the time the school informed my grandparents she was 18. The police did a shoddy investigation and determined that since there was no evidence of foul play they could not go any further.
As for the ss# I don't have it, but from the investigation my family has done, there was a time when she suddenly stopped using her ss# so that could mean a number of things. She could have died, gone into witness protection, or she could just be trying to not be found.

Old 01-27-2014, 05:18 PM

We are still searching for Cynthia Louise Putnam, if anyone has any new information, it would be greatly appreciated!

Old 01-27-2014, 05:57 PM

Just another note, Cynthia was born in Mass, not Vermont. The family moved to Vermont around 1965.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:48 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,947,126 times
If you haven't already than you should also post over on Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - Powered by vBulletin since she is a missing person.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:10 PM

10,670 posts, read 21,348,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBillM View Post
If you haven't already than you should also post over on Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - Powered by vBulletin since she is a missing person.
Thanks Bill but she can't post at Websleuths unless she has a missing person's report. Hopefully she will come back to let us know if there is one or not.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:47 PM

Due to her age when she went missing, there was no missing persons report filed. We are still trying to follow all leads possible though.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletrayn View Post
Due to her age when she went missing, there was no missing persons report filed. We are still trying to follow all leads possible though.
Do you know when the SS# trail ends?
You can enter her into our national missing persons database NamUs. Here is the link. They can help you with figuring out the last date she used the social. Someone from your family can try to get a missing persons report made once they figure out the date. If family has issues with law enforcement the NamUs case worker will try to reach out to them to get one. You will need her height, weight any scars etc.

Quote:
She dissapeared from a high school for troubled children when she was 17, but by the time the school informed my grandparents she was 18. The police did a shoddy investigation and determined that since there was no evidence of foul play they could not go any further.
As for the ss# I don't have it, but from the investigation my family has done, there was a time when she suddenly stopped using her ss# so that could mean a number of things. She could have died, gone into witness protection, or she could just be trying to not be found.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Hi. I am looking for my aunt who has been missing, to our family, since about 1974. She may be going by a different name but the information I know is that she is the daughter of Anne Miller Putnam (Maiden name Miller), her father died in jail, she was born on March 17, 1957, she was adopted by David Putnam when he and Anne got married in 1959, she was last heard from when she was attending the Weeks School in Vergennes, VT, and she is greatly missed by her family.
I have never met her because I was born in 1991, but the family has been searching for her all this time and we would love any information anyone has.
Even if she does not desire to be contacted, If any information is known that could give us closer, we would like to know.
The picture below was taken when cindy was 14. I hope it rings some bells.
Sounds like she had a rough time as a teen. It's actually pretty common. I have a friend who tried to find her daughter that she gave for adoption in 1974, she ended up finding out that she went missing at age 14, probably killed by the adoptive father.

You should make an entry on Adoption.com. There are also adoption related FB pages where you can search. I have friends that are adoption advocates; so if you want to search on FB I can help.

Quote:
Just another note, Cynthia was born in Mass, not Vermont. The family moved to Vermont around 1965.
Sounds like the birth and adoption were in Mass. These are the current adoption records law there. Check to see if you or her mother can leave contact info for Cynthia.

Quote:
Massachusetts Law - The Massachusetts Archives at Columbia Point, 220 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston, MA 02125 (617) 727-2816

If a waiver is in place giving permission from both the adoptee and the birth parent, Identifying information can be released to an adult adoptee at age 21 and to birth parents. If the adoptee is under the age of 18 they may receive identifying information if he or she has the written permission of the adoptive parents.
Massachusetts Vital Records Information

Commonwealth of Massachusetts - general site for MA
Massachusetts Guide to Genealogical Research
Quote:
MASSACHUSETTS - PARTIAL ACCESS to birth records STATE

Massachusetts Senate approved legislation (SB63) on May 1, 2007, allowing adopted people 18 years or older born before July 17, 1974 (when records were sealed) and the adoptive parents of those born after 2007 to obtain their original birth certificates (OBC).

Adoptees born after 2007 may obtain their OBC on and after reaching 18 years of age. Access to those born between July 17, 1974 and January 1, 2008, will be denied unless a probate court finds that the adoption record contains evidence of a birth parent's willingness to provide information about her or his identity to the adoptee.

Click for: Application for a Non-Certified Record of Birth Prior to Adoption
Quote:
Originally Posted by chick View Post
Drewianka was born in CA so I would rule this female out.

Was there any investigation into your Aunt's disappearance?

The last know address on your aunt is from 1991

3/1957 (Age: 51)
Bennington, VT 05201

December 1991
This female ss# indicates they were born in VT.
Cynthia would have been 34 in 1991

SS#'s were given when a person worked, not given when born like now. That is a fairly new process. I got mine back around 1980 after I got my working papers at high school (age 15). You needed one to get paid by the employer. they gave me the SS form when I had my son in 1985, that was the 1st time I had seen it given at birth. I do not think it was mandatory though. When I had my daughter in 1993 I think it had to be mailed within 30 days of birth. Now I think you have to hand it in at the hospital. I wonder what laws are with home births lol

Last edited by Roselvr; 03-25-2016 at 11:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search