U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:32 AM

12 posts, read 24,111 times

Advertisements

I am looking for the Burkowski family. Name may have been shortened to Burke. Joseph served in WWII and was a crew member on the B-17 "El Diablo" and my father was the pilot. The plane crashed in France on Sept 16, 1943 and Joe was a survivor. I have a letter from his wife (Dorothy) that was written to my mother after the crash and the address on the letter was Naugatuck, CT. I would like to get in touch with anyone concerning this information.
I found a listing for Dorothy Burke and think it is the one I am searching for. It was in the Buffalo area but I cannot get a phone number.
It had a list of relatives and Joseph F. Burke was Dorothy's husband. The other family members listed were Justeen or Justen Burke;Kenneth Burke; Christopher Burke;George Burke; Gerald Burke & Irene Burke. If you know any of these people maybe you can contact them about this info. I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 11:16 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,479,378 times
if you want the name of a good private investigator, let me know, if anyone can find him, he can - wow two questions on pi's in literally two days from forums, never happened ever previously

Old 03-14-2009, 02:29 PM

Thanks CAugust, but I will just try to find the family on my own. Can't afford a PI. Thanks for the suggestion though

Old 03-15-2009, 09:21 AM

652 posts, read 1,584,337 times
There are several free search sites that I am not very good at using yet, pipl.com, zabasearch.com, melissadata.com. I would also write to the Airforce with the plane's name and they might be able to steer you to the museum that keeps records of that plane and might have idea's oin how to find him.
Good Luck.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:52 PM

Thanks Nutleynut. I appreciate your response and I may try this.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:00 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,783,534 times
Gerald T Burke
24 Aster Ave., Holtsville NY 11742
631-475-7554

Lists a Dorothy A Burke (80) as a relative. This seems like the best bet. It appears that the Dorothy you're looking for would be 80 and Joseph F. would have been 85.

There's a listing for a Dorothy Burke
21 Valley St., Ronkonkoma NY 11779
631-737-8858

It looks like the daughter is Irene S McCallion (Burke)

Lists Possible relatives:
Joseph F Burke (85)
Dorothy Burke (80)
George R Burke (51)
Brian E McCallion (55)
Cynthia McCallion (27)

Irene S McCallion
67 Commonwealth Ave., Middletown NY 10940
845-343-4744

Good Luck!

Old 03-19-2009, 01:29 PM

Elizabeth, Thank you so much for your help. This certainly sounds like the person I am looking for as the age and the possible relatives match what info I have. I will call soon and see if they are the one I am looking for. I had just about given up hearing anything else. Guess patience is needed .
Thank you again and I will let you know here if I have good luck. Pam

Old 03-28-2009, 05:43 PM

Elizabeth, I said I would let you know if your lead was good. I did get in touch with the Irene listed on this info. She was an ex daughter in law and was very nice but she said her father in law had been in the Navy. It was quite a coincidence that Dorothy Burke- married to Joseph Burke from the right area, about the right age , but, not the right person.
I guess I am just at a dead end, but wanted to thank all of you for trying to help me in my search.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:48 PM

575 posts, read 3,464,484 times
Are you sure the last name could be Burke. I also know Czech Jews who came over and changed their names from Burkowski to Berko, so this is another variation.

What do we have?

We are looking for:

Burkowski family
may have been shortened to Burke?

Joseph served in WWII and was a crew member on the B-17 "El Diablo"
The plane crashed in France on Sept 16, 1943 and Joe was a survivor

I have a letter from his wife (Dorothy)................. we know Joe had/has a wife name Dorothy.

Naugatuck, CT is a key previous location

Buffalo area but I cannot get a phone number... still no luck with that?

Joseph F. Burke was Dorothy's husband...... is this postive on Joe?

possible Justeen or Justen Burke
Kenneth Burke
Christopher Burke
George Burke
Gerald Burke & Irene Burke

and we have now RULED OUT the Burkes in elizNJ's info?

Is this all about correct?

Old 03-28-2009, 07:40 PM

575 posts, read 3,464,484 times
Here we go........

There is only one Joseph F Burke with a wife's name of Dorothy who use to live in Naugatuck, CT and he is dead. He died February 5th, of 1996.

The address in CT was.... 28 City Hill Street, Naugatuck, CT 06770

last living address of him and Dorothy was:

Joseph F Burke
Joseph Burke

DOB: September 20, 1919
Age at death: 76

2907 SW 21St Terrace apt #26a
Delray Beach, FL 33445-7361

Where he lived with Dorothy M Burke who died 2 years prior in 1994.

They both died slightly young in their late 70's.

No children listed and I think they may have had none which is not unusual.

Anyway the is the only Joseoh F Burke married to a Dorothy who use to live in Naugatuck, CT in the country.

I go though DMV records and match everything up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or