Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 05:31 PM

3 posts, read 7,224 times

Advertisements

Hello:
We're seeking any information that may be available regarding our grandchildren, Dominick Martin and Jessica Duesterhof(t?) We last saw them in April of 2008 in Fort Lewis WA, where they were staying with their father and step-mother.
Sometime after July of '08, their mother, Valerie Duesterhof, returned them to Arizona (we believe the Apache Junction area) and we've not been able to contact them since. We believe that their father (our son) has information on their whereabouts and how to contact them, although he swears this is not the case, and we've no way to know one way or another.
Mother and Father were never married, and they have a very poor relationship. Dominick was born in Milwaukee WI, and is approx. 9 years old. Jessica was born in Arizona, and is 7 years old. We only had the chance to meet them just that once in April/May, and are heartbroken over the fact that they may believe we've forgotten them.
Their other set of grandparents live in Arizona as well, and we've not had any success contacting them either. Valerie may have married and her last name may be BURNS. She may be going by any/either name however.
We believe that Valerie has other children as well, and may be/have been living in a trailer park somewhere in Apache Junction, however, we've also heard that she is in an apartment. Photo's from April/May 08 attached. however, both are blond and fair-skinned. Dominick wears and needs glasses. Jessica acts very much like any other little girl, and is not much of a tom-boy.
I realize that this is very little information, but we're working with what we have.
Thank you so very very much for any and all assistance. More appreciated than you can imagine.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-09-2009 at 08:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 12:05 AM

269 posts, read 1,257,765 times
try a PI who has access to Lexis nexis database and with that amount of information along with previous address information is should be easy to find a new address for the mom and once you have the moms address you have the childrens address

Old 03-09-2009, 11:06 AM

652 posts, read 1,785,071 times
I'm not getting anything with Valerie's name. How about your son's name, the other GP's names, your name's? as much factual info as possible, the story is painful and I know it helps but we can only search records for facts and names.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:07 PM

575 posts, read 3,694,238 times
I will hunt around but understand grandparents have no rights what-so-ever to grandchildren.

The only way grandparent sees grandchildren is via the parents.

The court would have to have parents declared unfit before they would even consider getting involved and even at that, they are very hard pressed to allow any rights to a grandparent.... and rightfully so in my opinion. Usually the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree!

I am curious before I provide any information to you freely:

1. Your son has only allowed you one time since they were born to see his kids? Why?
2. Your son may be lying right now about knowing their whereabouts? Why?

Last edited by chick; 03-09-2009 at 02:05 PM..

Old 03-09-2009, 01:09 PM

I would also suggest removal of their picture in case one of the parents happens across this thread as there are obvious issues with your relationships!

Old 03-09-2009, 02:29 PM

Chick & all:
Thank you so much for your input. If we were in a position to hire a PI, so be it. Obviously, $$ is an issue. I'm well aware of the grandparents v law issues, and am only seeking to be able to do things such as send b-day cards and the like. The issues with the parents (ie my son) are complex, and you should know that he was not a live in parent, and there were significant problems with Mom prior to this debacle. Essentially, the Arizona (or county) child services there gave Mom the choice of letting the kids go live with Dad or having them placed in "the system". The agreement was that she needed to "get her act together" within 6 mons, or Dad obtains permanent custody. Well, for reasons unknown, at 5 mons x days, she arrived at the army base in WA to "retrieve" them, which she was certainly entitled to do. Again, we feel terrible that they were removed from the family (grandma & grandpa included) and at their age, may feel that they've been forgotten.
I suppose I'm being very foolish here, but we just don't want them to feel forgotten or unloved. We're heartbroken, and maybe I'm just projecting that onto them.
I've used many of the on-line searches, including Intelligest etc, to no avail. Now, the $$ situation has left us with only the "free" options.
Thank you for the comment about the photo. Down it comes.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:32 PM

that is as quickly as I can determine how to remove the jpg...

Old 03-09-2009, 03:22 PM

652 posts, read 1,785,071 times
Default Try to be more clear please.

You didn't answer the question; Why did your son disallow your visits? And the other one, I don't recall now. My point is that Chick is a PI and can be very helpful to you if you can explain these things.
The reason for suspicion if you aren't sure is that GP's aree often the reason for P's being messed up to begin with. It isn't to far a stretch to think you may be trying to subvert the system. Just be clear, factual, and try to avoid the overly emotional appeals please. That is a sign one is hiding something.
I hope this all goes well and you don't get offended but the children are the top priority here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjpilot View Post
Chick & all:
Thank you so much for your input. If we were in a position to hire a PI, so be it. Obviously, $$ is an issue. I'm well aware of the grandparents v law issues, and am only seeking to be able to do things such as send b-day cards and the like. The issues with the parents (ie my son) are complex, and you should know that he was not a live in parent, and there were significant problems with Mom prior to this debacle. Essentially, the Arizona (or county) child services there gave Mom the choice of letting the kids go live with Dad or having them placed in "the system". The agreement was that she needed to "get her act together" within 6 mons, or Dad obtains permanent custody. Well, for reasons unknown, at 5 mons x days, she arrived at the army base in WA to "retrieve" them, which she was certainly entitled to do. Again, we feel terrible that they were removed from the family (grandma & grandpa included) and at their age, may feel that they've been forgotten.
I suppose I'm being very foolish here, but we just don't want them to feel forgotten or unloved. We're heartbroken, and maybe I'm just projecting that onto them.
I've used many of the on-line searches, including Intelligest etc, to no avail. Now, the $$ situation has left us with only the "free" options.
Thank you for the comment about the photo. Down it comes.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:42 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,436,584 times
I have deleted the photo for you.

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-09-2009, 10:29 PM

Thank you mod for deleting that photo.

Her last name was Dusterhoft and she now goes by the name of Valerie Burns and is married to Brian P Burns. His middle name Patrick. I am leaving off their ss numbers for obvious reasons.

Her current living address is:

VALERIE LYNN BURNS
VALERIE L BURNS
VALERIE BURNS

800 E Butte Avenue LOT #6
Florence, AZ 85232-9235

This is a mobile home community
++++++++++++++
There is no real dirt on her except a previous civil judgment against her & her husband, and one criminal arrest for her. Moderator cut: Please send any criminal judgements to the OP via DM.

==================
When she lived in Apache Junction she resided at:

380 S PHELPFS DR C 119 DR S APT #C119
APACHE JUNCTION AZ 85220

Moderator cut: Please do not post unlisted numbers. I do not know if it's active or disconnected, but it is listed to her address I provided. I did not want to call and arouse any suspicion.

I also have her email address which means she probably has 'yahoo messenger' VALERIELYNN1129@YAHOO.COM

Think before you do anything!

Last edited by 7th generation; 03-10-2009 at 01:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search