Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:00 AM

17 posts, read 39,787 times

Advertisements

I have been looking for a long time for my half brother and sister but with the last name Evans, it is not easy. We share a father who never really shared much information but this is what I know or have been told over the years.

Father: Robert Ernest Evans. Grew up in Ohio. Born in July. Is in late 60's now I think. Married a lady in California, possible name Carol. His brother, possible name William or Bill married Carol's sister. His father, our grandfathers name is possibly Williard. With "Carol", Robert had two children, Bobby and Debbie. Debbie's middle name may be Lynn. "Carol" and Robert later divorced. Robert then married Ann who he had two daughters with. Robert had always worked with cars and did upholstery.

The last I know of, or was told this information if true. "Carol", her sister and Roberts brother lived in California. This was in the 70's which was last the time I saw either of them. Debbie was living with her mother and Bobby had lived with us. I believe Debbie was 16 at the time. Bobby was put on a bus to go see his mother and then we moved, never to have contact with them again. By the way, we were living in Arizona at the time. From what I know there was a younger daughter that Robert claimed she was not his.

I would at the least like to know if they are happy. It would be great to know if I had any nieces or nephews out there. Is my grandfather still around, my uncle, my cousins? I guess there could be a thousand things I would like to know and at least hope that someday, some of those questions can be answered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 08:07 AM

838 posts, read 2,240,703 times
I'd like to be able to help you but as you say, with the last name Evans, it is not easy. And although you are giving a lot of info, it is not enough to be sure. Therefore, here is what I have from your post:
Searching for:

1. Debbie Evans (middle name MAYBE Lynn) - MAYBE 16 in the 70's - YOU NEED TO NARROW THAT DOWN. WE NEED AN APPR. AGE.

2. Bobbie Evans - YOU ARE NOT GIVING HIS APPR. AGE AT ALL. NO MIDDLE NAME.

ARE DEBBIE AND BOBBIE NICKNAMES? IF SO, FOR WHAT?

Their Dad was Robert Ernest Evans, born in July and in his late 60s.
Their Mom MAYBE Carol.

WHERE DID THEY LIVE IN CALIFORNIA?
WHERE WERE THEY BORN?
WHAT RACE ARE THEY? Facebook, MySpace, and others have pictures. With the race I can either eliminate or include as possibilities.

Is your Dad still alive? Does he know where they are? Are you sure of his name and the spelling? Robert Ernest Evans? Have you asked him for additional information?

If you can answer the questions (I put some above in caps to make them easier to see), we might have a better chance of helping you. I believe you have no responses because there just is not enough information. They may still spot the post and answer it, but as far as volunteers helping to find them, we need more input.

I take it you have met Debbie and Bobbie lived with you so if you really try thinking about how old they were in comparison to how old you were, was they older or younger and by how much, what grades they were in school, where he went back on the bus too (California is a very big place).

Hopefully you can come up with enough so we can help you find them.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:00 AM

I understand, it is hard because I am going off memory from when I was under 10. I do not have any contact with Robert so I can only go off what I heard when I was younger. But the following is further information that I have been able to come up with or remember. Plus I think I have picture of Bobby and Debbie as children at home so if I find them, I will scan and put them in later.

Race is white.

Robert (who I am positive is Robert Ernest Evans) is Irish. I was able to find that is his 67 now so probable birthdate is July 23, 1941. Last known living in Lancaster Ohio. He has always worked on cars, mainly upholstery. Between 1967 and 1970 worked at an upholstery shop in Royal Oak, Michigan. Most likely married Carol (I have been racking my brain to see if I am remembering her name right and I am almost definately sure is is Carol) in the Santa Anna area of California. I believe both Bobby and Debbie were both born in the same area of California.
Carol's sisters name was Virginia. Virginia married William or Bill and had at least 4 children. I wish I knew their names but I was probably only 3 or 4 the last time I saw them. They also lived in the same area of California.
I only knew Bobby as that but his proper name may be Robert after his father. I do not know his middle name. This may not help but I was told that he would steal bottles from the store and then take them back for the bottle deposit. I would guess from memory that he is around 45 or 46.
Debbie's proper name could be Debra but again, I don't know. I am 90% sure her middle name is Lynn. Again from memory, would put her around 49 or 50.

Any other ideas of things that I should try to remember are welcome.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:57 AM

652 posts, read 1,784,687 times
This is the only one that came up and it says he lived in Royal Oak Mi.

MelissaData.com | People Summary

Old 04-22-2009, 01:49 PM

Nutleynut: That is the correct Robert Evans. Unfortunately, even if I was to contact him, he would not provide me with any information or he would guide me in the wrong direction.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:53 PM

I went to our local library where they have a subscription to Ancestry.com which has the California Birth Index. I put in all the variations of Debbie, Debra, Debrorah, etc. I then tried to compare them to all the variations of Bobby, Robert, Bobbie, etc. If you had the mother's maiden name it would be much easier and I would know I had them for sure. Santa Ana is in Orange County, but were they born there or is that just the last place you remembered where they lived?
Try calling your local library and seeing if they have Ancestry.com. If they do, have the librarian show you how to get into the California Birth Index and start searching to see if anything looks right to you.
Think I have Robert's and Ann's phone number thanks to Nutley's find above. Would you want to call him and ask him for more information, like their full names and the mother's full name with maiden name? If he would not tell you, would Ann help you? If you want it, I'll post it, but if you aren't going to call I won't.
You say Bobbie lived with you. Would your mother or your siblings remember any additional information? As I said, if you can figure out the mother's maiden name, I would most likely be able to find their birthdates and once we have them we could most likely find them.
You're doing well, though, considering these are old memories.
Are you younger than these other children? I'm thnking you must be since you were 10 and Debbie was 16.
Oh, well, you answered that question about calling him while I was typing.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:59 PM

MelissaData.com | People Summary
This William is listed with a Virginia. He is 75 years old. She is only in her 50's. Does it look right or no?
By the way, keep digging, Nutley, you're doing good.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:59 PM

This may be Debbie, I'm still working on Bobbie. I used 1960 as birthdate I averaged the age figuring 16 in 75 or 76 Here is a melissadata link too; http://www.people-finders.ws/Summary...Input=&x=0&y=0

DEBBIE EVANS Get More Information Record Created: Unknown
1021 SCANDIA AVE Satellite Photo & Map Check for Email Address Google
VENTURA, CA 93004 (805) 672-2979 Confirm Current Phone & Address
Complete Report on DEBBIE EVANS

DEBBIE L EVANS Born Nov 1960 Get More Information Record Created: 05/2003
1207 ACADIA PL Satellite Photo & Map Check for Email Address Google
VENTURA, CA 93003 Confirm Current Phone & Address
Complete Report on DEBBIE L EVANS

DEBBIE L EVANS Born Nov 1960 Get More Information Record Created: 02/2003
1207 ACADIA PL Satellite Photo & Map Check for Email Address Google
VENTURA, CA 93003 (805) 658-7148 Confirm Current Phone & Address
Complete Report on DEBBIE L EVANS

Old 04-22-2009, 05:16 PM

Here is a Bobbie that fits the age range I searched both in Az.+ Ca. MelissaData.com | People Summary
Be sure to click the links as the info listed is from a different site, same for Debbie's info.
Good Luck.

BOBBIE L EVANS Born 1958 1660 FOXRIDGE CIR AUBURN, CA 95603 (530) 823-8147

BOBBIE EVANS 3910 SEQUOIA AVE FRESNO, CA 93705 (559) 224-2348

BOBBIE L EVANS 80456 DENTON DR INDIO, CA 92203
BOBBIE M EVANS 9992 BAKER RD LUCERNE VALLEY, CA 92356
BOBBIE L EVANS Born Dec 1953 15407 CABALLO RD MORENO VALLEY, CA 92555 (909) 924-1206
BOBBIE L EVANS Born Dec 1953 15407 CABALLO RD MORENO VALLEY, CA 92555 (909) 924-1206

Old 04-22-2009, 05:45 PM

Nutley, thank you for the information. Unfortunately, Debbie's numbers are no longer hers. Bobby was spelled Bobby.
I was looking for pictures that I am sure I have but did not find but have a little further information as I found a couple of old report cards. I am not sure if either of them went to school with me in California but in all, this gives a better idea to the area everyone lived. I went to Kindergarten from for the 1972-1973 school year at Hoover School which is now Hoover Academy School. The address is: 408 E. Santa Clara Ave - Santa Ana, CA 92706.
We then moved to Arizona which I know at least Bobby was with us. The school for the 1973-1974 school year was Hetherbrae Elementary. Address: 7070 West Heatherbrae Drive - Phoenix, AZ 85033.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search