U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 PM

21 posts, read 31,601 times

Advertisements

Im still checking the through Classmates.com, but this is definatly a VERY GOOD LEAD!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 09:30 PM

She's not listed on Classmates.com.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:51 PM

842 posts, read 1,979,826 times
I use to work for RAOGK as a volunteer. They have people who live locally who will do lookups either for free of for the cost of expenses. Make sure to read the rules:
RAOGK -- Guidelines for Use
and then go here:
Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness -- Georgia
There is a lady who volunteers for Newton County, GA who will do Public Lookups for you. Let her know your story and that you are in Kentucky.
I use to do it for free, never charged, but some do for expenses. Make sure you know what she charges for expenses. You don't want surprises.
Now I am tired. Have a nice night.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:30 PM

I have created a profile on wink and invited her to be a friend, so hopefully she checks it often, but its not like my space where it tells you when they last logged in.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:53 PM

393 posts, read 1,072,435 times
This 38 year old Pauline bears a passing resemblance to the girl in the picture:
My Photos Photo Gallery - Photo 17 of 31 by Pauline - MySpace Photos
Note that she attended Mount Pleasant HS and currently lives in Providence, RI. I did not use "Mount Pleasant" or "Providence" as search terms. I just looked through all the 37 and 38 year old women named Pauline on MySpace for similarities to the photo, then noticed the coincidence with the locations.

Last edited by Intergalactic; 05-04-2009 at 11:11 PM..

Old 05-05-2009, 04:38 AM

This is a photo of a Pauline Wood in North Carolina, who seems to be in charge of the Matthews Farmers Market.
Flickr Photo Download: WFAE Forum: Pauline Wood (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ciordia/2763673982/sizes/l/ - broken link)
Contact Us says her number is 704-821-6430

Old 05-05-2009, 10:48 AM

I checked the photos, neither one is her The woman in north carolina is too old, and the one in north providence may be her, but on checking her other photos she has a family and a mother and father, not her. But good try. I really think Susan is correct, she's still in GA. Im not sure where the Moravian Falls comes in now, and the last Name Ashley. Perhaps she was with this John Ashley, and then started seeing this Tim Tryba and left N.Carolina for Georgia. We'll see what comes from sending the letter's to her Georgia address.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylwood View Post
I checked the photos, neither one is her The woman in north carolina is too old, and the one in north providence may be her, but on checking her other photos she has a family and a mother and father, not her. But good try. I really think Susan is correct, she's still in GA. Im not sure where the Moravian Falls comes in now, and the last Name Ashley. Perhaps she was with this John Ashley, and then started seeing this Tim Tryba and left N.Carolina for Georgia. We'll see what comes from sending the letter's to her Georgia address.
There's no father, and this is the only one who could be her mother: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=399489339& albumID=1214597&imageID=15550716#a=1214597&i=15550 789
Except "Noanie" isn't a pet name for "grandma" as far as I know. It is remarkable that Noanie isn't in more pics with the kids. The other grandma is clearly her husband's mother. Even if she was calling some people her parents or sister or whatever, that doesn't mean they are her biological parents or sister or whatever.

Her daughter has clearly set up the MySpace for her; note that she labeled the pictures from her point of view. The profile demonstrates a clear aversion to writing (there is none) and computers; she dropped out of high school and works for a podiatrist, not a writing and computing heavy job by any means. This is consistent with the poorly written post ten years ago looking for you guys--that and having kids. She has only two MySpace friends her own age; this too is consistent with bouncing around in foster care. It is worth a shot, you already have a MySpace account and she is active.

I would contact the older Pauline in Matthews for two reasons; one, she might be the source of some of the other hits if she ever lived in those towns or had those other last names, and she might have heard that there is another Pauline Wood; these things happen.

Last edited by Intergalactic; 05-05-2009 at 03:25 PM..

Old 05-06-2009, 06:36 AM

very good point. At the very least she'll respond and either say she has no knowledge of me, or she will confirm.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:11 AM

Default Does anyone else see the similarity here?

Besides the School, Age, State and She says She's Capricorn (I sometimes make my birthdate a month before or after the actual date on the internet to avoid identity theft) look at the picture of this woman vs. Polly at 14 and Me Current. Does anyone know my sister?????-polly.jpg

Does anyone know my sister?????-scan0005.jpg

Does anyone know my sister?????-scan0001.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search