Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 12:42 PM

4 posts, read 11,866 times

Advertisements

My wife has been without her father pretty much since birth and would love to know anything about the man ....

We know his DOB which was 4-29-1948 , his parents were ransom e. woodward (father) and lorraine D. benham(woodward) , his parents lived in bakersfield california and apparently had another son who unfortunatly we now know passed away along with both his parents , their sons name was vernon l. woodward and was born in 1967 or somewhere around there...

we also know arthur was married to patricia a o'horo(woodward) around 1976 and they were divorced in 1977 ... their daughter (my wife) was born on sept 28, 1976 and her name is Diane L.

We have also been told that arthur had 3 other brothers , Eddie , Richard and Francis .... Arthur also served in the USMC from june of 67 till june of 71 with an honorable discharge , his brother richard was also a usmc and was killed in vietnam ....

arthur also lived in san antonio texas between the years of 1959 till 1961 approx as he attented grade school at woodrow wilson in them years , he went to high school in oakfield, ny from 63 till 66 ....

If anyone out there has ANY info that might help in the search for her NEVER SEEN father it would be greatly appreciated .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 12:56 PM

838 posts, read 2,232,700 times
MelissaData.com | People Summary
Could he be in Buffalo, NY?

Old 04-23-2009, 01:04 PM

thats actually where we live, i wish he was listed in the phone book so we dont have to pay for a dead end , and i also just did a search on that site with my wifes name and a lot of her previous family and my name came up BUT all the AGES are way off it shows me at 38 when im only 35 and it shows her previous mother in law at 44 and she is like in her 50's so i really dont know what to make of that site , i also did zaba and came up with inconclusive results

Old 04-23-2009, 01:21 PM

I would not pay for the site for exactly the reason you stated. I would only use it for locations. It could be very old. Thing is, it is the only thing I can find for him. Just checked public records and came up with nothing.
Since he was a vet, have you tried contacting the VA to see if they will forward a letter to him? He may still use their medical facilities.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:25 PM

yeah i think that is our only option right now is trying to go through the VA or some other government source , it is like this guy NEVER existed but yet he is on her birth certificate and her mothers divorce decree , but finding anything online has been non existant , and he isnt listed on the death registry either .... im actually hoping someone who reads these things maybe knows something about the man or at least a place to start , my wife just wants some sort of closure wether it be to know he dont want nothing to do with her or whatever ...

Old 04-23-2009, 01:37 PM

If he moved out of the country the paper trail here would stop. Maybe he moved to Canada or some other country. Also, not everyone is on the Social Security Death Index. I know this for a fact. When my dad died, we collected on his account. He never showed up on the SSDI. Might be worthwhile to contact them. You could also request they forward a letter to him. If it is for medical reasons, for instance, sometimes they will do that.
What does the G for the middle initial stand for? What type of work did he do? His Social Security number should be posted on the divorce papers. Don't give it out to anyone, but you can run the SSDI with just the SS#. Also, you could contact a PI if you have the SS# and see if he is using it under a different name.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:18 PM

the g is grant , and we have no clue about anything this guy did .. we cant find his social # it is lost somewhere in the mountain of stuff in the basement , if we had that we would find him in a heartbeat .

thats the thing about this which makes it so mysterious , there is NO PAPER trail of any kind on this guy .. I mean i can find info about two of my relatives who are now dead and their names STILL pop up all over the information available on the internet , but yet search his name and birthdate and NOTHING ...Its weird , like he never existed ...

Old 11-16-2009, 04:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,678 times
Default I'm your Aunt Vicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab61max View Post
My wife has been without her father pretty much since birth and would love to know anything about the man ....

We know his DOB which was 4-29-1948 , his parents were ransom e. woodward (father) and lorraine D. benham(woodward) , his parents lived in bakersfield california and apparently had another son who unfortunatly we now know passed away along with both his parents , their sons name was vernon l. woodward and was born in 1967 or somewhere around there...

we also know arthur was married to patricia a o'horo(woodward) around 1976 and they were divorced in 1977 ... their daughter (my wife) was born on sept 28, 1976 and her name is Diane L.

We have also been told that arthur had 3 other brothers , Eddie , Richard and Francis .... Arthur also served in the USMC from june of 67 till june of 71 with an honorable discharge , his brother richard was also a usmc and was killed in vietnam ....

arthur also lived in san antonio texas between the years of 1959 till 1961 approx as he attented grade school at woodrow wilson in them years , he went to high school in oakfield, ny from 63 till 66 ....

If anyone out there has ANY info that might help in the search for her NEVER SEEN father it would be greatly appreciated .....
Hi! I'm the only sibling of Art not listed but, I am his sister. Your name is Diana Lynn right?... I'm so sorry but I can't find him either. I pray you respond. You're the link to him I've ever found.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:13 PM

Hi Vicki,
The last time the person who posted this was here was 4/23/09. Have you tried sending them a direct message to them? You click on their name to send a direct message. If they have set it up with a current e-mail, your direct message will be sent to their e-mail. Worth a try.
Also, I found a Viola Frances Woodward born in Bexar County, TX to Lorraine D (Benham) and Ransom E Woodward.
Ransom Woodward - Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 - Ancestry.com
You say your name is Vicky. Do you know this Viola born 4/26/61?
I found a Viola Frances Gould with this date of birth who has lived in Bailey, CO, Las Vegas, NV, Bakersfield, CA, among other places.
MelissaData.com | People Summary
This may be the same Viola Gould who lost her 14 year old son, Scott Garner, Jr., in a tragic auto accident in or about March 2000.
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL: NEWS: JESSICA WILLIAMS TRIAL: First day elicits tears
Scott was with a work crew cleaning up trash by the side of the road when struck with 5 others in the crew by a woman driving a white van.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho...hotos/home.jpg
A picture of Viola and her husband Doug at the hearing.

Last edited by Susan13202; 11-16-2009 at 10:40 PM..

Old 11-17-2009, 12:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,483 times
diana lynn i'm your uncle frank i live in oklahoma in a small town called okmulgee my sister said she saw your post on google about my brother art the last time i talked to art was in 1988 when he was living in aurora colorado no address though i've been trying to locate him since. the only thing i came up with was every place he has lived and i had to go through the phonebook on yahoo and it told me every place he has lived i even went as far as public record it did'nt give any info except the next of kin was margie woodward diane if you need to contact me you call me at 918-706-2258
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search