U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 02:08 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,160,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristiansNanny View Post
I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on January 4th, 1969. For forty years, she has lived with knowing very little about her father. To this day, he does not know whether HIS child is a boy or girl. He lied to me at 8 months pregnant and said he would "be in touch". I never saw him again. HIS daughter is now 40 years old. She is a beautiful girl and has his strawberry blond hair. She also has his musical talent. She too plays keyboard and is in a band. I believe that he was originally from New Jersey, possible Patterson. I vaguely remember a newspaper article about him and his band. His name is Allen (or Alan) Collins. I am guessing that he would be in his mid 60's now. In 1968, he played in the Boston MA area with a band called the "Dream Merchant" and before that, was with the band called "The Younger Brothers" (Vinnie and Paul) I don't know if this post will ever be seen by him or someone that this may sound familiar to, but, for my daughters sake, I had to give it a try. One last thing......she wants nothing from him but to know him. It's a shame too, because he missed out on a fantastic, loving, wonderful, amazing person. I've had the pleasure to have her in my life. What a shame Allen for you to miss out on this beautiful woman. If anyone has any information that may help my daughter finally look into the face of her father, please respond to this posting. Many thanks!

Sounds like you were pretty young and could have been lied to. Maybe he was "with the band" as a roadie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 355 times
Wow, my mom did this a while back. It doesn't look like any one has relied to any thing yet so I am going to do it my self.

Misty, he did play keyboards in the band. I dare to dream that some thing will come out of this posting....I do believe that one day I will see his face. Thank you for inquiring about more information. I have nothing but the information christiansnanny originally posted.

I thank all from the bottom of my heart who have provided info on here and I am looking in to the information mascli has given.

Love and Peace <3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or