U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 02:23 PM

10 posts, read 21,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeb133 View Post
Bob, I still have not heard from you. I emailed you and have posted here. I can't do anything to welcome Tommy into the family if you don't allow me to. Please at least email me to let me know he doesn't want to pursue this or if he does how to get in touch with him. I have many German friends that are eager to translate for me. We are anxiously waiting. Diane

dianeb133@hctc.net
Diane,

I have been gone for several months and have finally returned home and to my computer. During my absence Tommy (whose actual name is Errol...I'll use it in future references) explained to Erna (see my earlier messages) that he very much appreciated your offer regarding the DNA testing but he indicated that it was something he felt was his responsibility and approached his physician about possibilities. I believe he has completed the testing; however, the technician indicated that the results would be more accurate if compared to a direct male descendent of Thomas Sr.

I will speak with Erna about the results and possibilities for comparisons. I would be very interested in any recommendations you might have as to the appropriate course of action in resolving the DNA issue. I have never done anything like this before and have to rely on the advice of others. I'll let you know if my discussions with Erna raise other issues.

Again, please excuse my absence. I hope to put you in contact with Errol and family very soon and assist with whatever course of action this matter may take. I had the pleasure of serving in Texas while in preliminary helicopter flight training ( Fort Wolters 1966 - way before you were born) and met many wonderful citizens of your great state. I'm sure that if you and your siblings ever meet Errol that he will develop the same high opinion of Texans and his extended family there.

I write again soon,

Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 09:40 PM

2,833 posts, read 9,789,579 times
Bob...so very sweet for you to continue your story....I will always look forward to hearing updates...
My daughter just returned from a trip to Germany and 5 other countries with her school...she absolutely LOVED Germany and is already saving to go back. I look forward to the time when I can go too.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:02 PM

7 posts, read 9,066 times
Hi Bob,
I had given up and figured you were some kind of prankster. I don't know what kind of DNA you need, but I do have a brother that I think will be willing to "give up" some of his DNA. If the email address for you is correct please let me know. Let Errol know I am looking forward to hearing from him soon. I will be with the "willing" brother next week, so if you can let me know what he needs I will do what I can to get it.

Also, I was 9 in 1966. LOL! Living in Georgia I believe, Dad was stationed at Fort Benning and was actually in Viet Nam in 1966. Hardly seems possible that it was 43 years ago. Time does fly!

I await your reply. I am grateful to the folks in PA for helping you out. I love it up there and Aunt Beth says she would love to meet him also. Maybe we can work out something.

Diane

Old 08-05-2009, 09:29 PM

12,620 posts, read 28,120,827 times
I hate to do it, but this thread has to move to the people search forum. I'll keep it here for now and leave the redirect for a few days, but it really can't stay here.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
I hate to do it, but this thread has to move to the people search forum. I'll keep it here for now and leave the redirect for a few days, but it really can't stay here.

Very dissappointing decision toobusytoday. You do realize that if the OP had put this in the section you are moving it to, this young man would NEVER have found his family. If it wasn't for the few LOCAL people who were able to help the OP out, he'd still be searching. And for those of us who have helped him, and those who have read the progress of this search, it has been rewarding to read. For all the things that stay here that shouldn't be here, I would think there is no harm done by leaving this here.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:34 AM

12,620 posts, read 28,120,827 times
Not my decision.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:38 PM

10 posts, read 21,936 times
Default Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Not my decision.
To toobusytoday,

I want to express my sincere appreciation for the use of your site in a very involved search to find the a soldier and father of a kid over here in Germany. In initiating this effort I was just looking for anything and/or any one who could assist. What I found, however, was the true spirit of American in the form of many, with absolutely no vested interest in the outcome, who volunteered their time and resourses to assist. This story has grown way beyond a "people search," it is a reflection on the values that contribute to strengthening the inter-personal bonds that hold all of us together. It presents a sterling example of the concern we share for each other and the possibilities resulting when many pursue one goal. This is a story about which movies are made - and you want to move it to the back page! When good people do not advocate and champion what is "good" then the door is open for the other side.

I believe, along with another great supporter "I LOVE PA," that it would be in your managements' best interest to showcase the potential for positive action that could result from using your site rather than just following-the-rules and discarding those threads that do not meet the letter of your requirements. In these days people crave good news. You have the good news in front of you, but feel compelled to throw it away because of some "square hole, square peg" logic that inhibits doing what you really think is right. BE BOLD - TAKE A STAND and do the right thing.

Again, thanks. This story continues to unfold; it started with your assistance.

Bob

Old 08-08-2009, 05:44 AM

Yeah....what he said...i'm sure that will get deleted too.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:49 AM

3,233 posts, read 5,929,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Yeah....what he said...i'm sure that will get deleted too.
I agree. It would be better served in this sub-forum. Why are the rules so strict on an internet forum site? I mean come on, they could bend them if they wanted to and no one would care. This is an interesting story.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:32 AM

3,756 posts, read 8,400,263 times
The story touched my heart. Unless you are in someone's shoes, it is hard to understand how much they are looking to find the missing link. For Mr. Hase and ILOVEPA's assistance, it was being in the right place at the right time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or