U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 06:37 AM

13,320 posts, read 20,154,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Very dissappointing decision toobusytoday. You do realize that if the OP had put this in the section you are moving it to, this young man would NEVER have found his family. If it wasn't for the few LOCAL people who were able to help the OP out, he'd still be searching. And for those of us who have helped him, and those who have read the progress of this search, it has been rewarding to read. For all the things that stay here that shouldn't be here, I would think there is no harm done by leaving this here.
I hope too that this stays here..........Maybe Too Busy can speak to the top banana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 06:43 AM

12,621 posts, read 28,131,936 times
Hey guys, it's not like this thread will be missing forever, it just goes to a different section and there will be a link here for a while that will take you there. The terms of service clearly state that all missing people requests go in the people search section and we've been reminded of that in the mod section a couple of times. Please, any more discussion needs to be via DM. I've got to get to work now so it's staying here until I get back unless another mod decided to move it.... If I don't move it with a long re-direct link, another mod can move it with just the standard one day link.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:48 AM

50 posts, read 376,690 times
Great Story...
I hope Tommy Jr. has the opportunity to visit PA sometime...
Leave the thread here as I want to be able to read the updates..

Old 08-08-2009, 06:54 AM

50 posts, read 376,690 times
Nobody is missing any longer...

Old 08-08-2009, 10:32 AM

13,320 posts, read 20,154,374 times
But, all the updates are interesting..........and look at the great work I Love Pa did in helping......
Such a wonderful poster of City Data. You go girl!!

Old 08-08-2009, 09:07 PM

2,833 posts, read 9,791,427 times
Just posting again so I can subscribe to this thread. Moderator cut: please do not discuss moderation on the forum, DM a mod instead

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-09-2009 at 08:25 AM..

Old 08-22-2009, 12:27 PM

7 posts, read 9,067 times
Quick update. My computer has been down for the last few weeks. FINALLY UP! My brother George has said he is very willing to do the DNA and meet our 1/2 brother. We are very excited. Please keep this in your prayers, I would hate for the DNA to come back not related.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:20 PM

10 posts, read 21,938 times
Default The end is near...or is it the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeb133 View Post
Quick update. My computer has been down for the last few weeks. FINALLY UP! My brother George has said he is very willing to do the DNA and meet our 1/2 brother. We are very excited. Please keep this in your prayers, I would hate for the DNA to come back not related.

It has been many, many weeks or even months since I have placed another brick in the building of this tower. Here we go... It was mutually agreed that a DNA sibling test was to be taken to determine, with asbolute certainty, that there exists a family relationship between Tommy JR here in Germany and Tommy Sr's family in Texas and PA. We contacted Family Tree DNA to learn about possibilities and procedures. They seemed to be the most reasonable of most of the DNA organizations and they assigned us a case worker to assist in the receipt and analysis of tests and issuing of results. They understand the sensitivities of these issues and go out of their way to make things easier.

Diane was very helpful in all aspects of this process and her personal emails about the excitement she and the rest of the Texas clan were experiencing were down-right motivational. The suspense was building. George received the test kit first and sent it in. The kit sent to Germany had yet to arrive via normal post after two weeks, which prompted a call to Family Tree. They responded immediately and sent a second test kit via Fed Ex which arrived two days later...last week our time. Tommy Jr took the test last Friday, a very simple procedure, and we sent the results back using express mail. The test kit arrived back in America today. It will take several weeks to complete the analysis and issue results. Needless to say everyone on both sides of the Atlantic are on pins and needles.

Aunt Beth in PA has been kept up-to-date on the development of this issue by her family there (PA folks are great!). She too is excited about the process and wants to be informed immediately about the results. I sent her and Diane copies of several of the Birthday cards and letters that Grandma Isobelle sent to Tommy Jr every year when he was young. Tommy JR and Diane have exchanged multiple emails and pictures over the past several months and Erna and Horst, our neighbors, have been part of this exchange. Each time they receive a letter it is brought over here to ensure that the translation is accurate and that no element or meaning of the letter is missed. Diane also has close friends who are fluent in German and I'm sure they all sit around and go over each word in Tommy Jr's leters.

So we wait. In loooking back, however, it is amazing how this has become an extended real life adventure that has drawn-in many wonderful people all of whom focused on assisting the son of a missing soldier. I don't know where we will go after the results are in, but I'm sure for the good people of Texas and Pennsylvania it will be a new beginning.

Please expect an update in about three weeks.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:55 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,039,202 times
What a wonderful story!

Old 09-29-2009, 10:18 AM

259 posts, read 655,344 times
This is such a great story!! I'm posting here so I don't miss any updates!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or