U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,506 times

Advertisements

My name is Barbara Day, born 11/24/60, chicago, il, Thanksgiving Day. Mothers name, Dorothy Marie Day, dob-1/29/1934 or 1/29/1936, maiden name Dorothy Marie Bowen, born Chicago, Il. elementary school Corpus Christie, high school-DuSable . Her mothers name Vallie Bowen, dob 8/13/1912 or 1913 from Georgia. My mothers first husband ( who I was told was my father-William Day) dob 1/6/1930 unsure of what year he was born. I believe that my mother met my biolgical father while she was married-unsure. I am the youngest of 4 siblings during this marriage, my mother was 26 years old when she gave birth to me. The other siblings resemble William, I do not. My mother worked for Montgomery Wards, Spiegel, Social Security Administration. We resided in Cabrini Green housing project, prior to thet I believe while married to William, they resided on 6000 south Geenwood. MY biological father was seen attending Saint Joseph school hall adult dances attempting to see my mother. The address in Cabrini Green project was 1600 North Sedgewick, 18th floor, Chicago phone # whitehall 4-0671. We resided there until 1967/1968, moving to the southside of Chicagoafter that. I attended St. Joseph elementary school, on North Orleans street, chicago, St. Joachim,
elementary school from 1967/68 until 1974, Academy of Our Lady H.S., chicago,Il
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 09:48 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,160,404 times
mariedot - It seems you've given far too much information on other family members. Have you never been told your biological father's name?

Old 05-03-2009, 10:00 AM

652 posts, read 1,587,185 times
Hello Barbara,
Very interesting story, sad and exciting at the same time. Do you have some idea of your Bio father's name? Was he an alum of St. Joeseph School? What makes you think you are someone else's child besides your lack of resemblance to William Day? Can you still speak to the people that saw him trying to see your mother at this dance? It would help if you can, to get a better idea of who he is.
Can you ask your mother about this?

Old 12-03-2009, 02:07 PM

2 posts, read 24,685 times
my name is ashley (bergman) mcginnis. im looking for my boilogical father. i was born sept. 10 1982 in jacksonville, il. my mothers name is carol bergman. shes married now. they were both in the army. i have been lookin for my father for almost 10yrs. everyone i have talked to were little to no help espesially my mom. its like the subject is off limits to her. so if any one has any tips or ideas bout findin him let me no.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,834 times
My father walked off the face of the earth in 1994. his name is Mike. or Michael Neil, Michael Alan, Nutter, Lindstrom, Kelly. all alias. any help would be great. I believe I was his first born. My name is Lisa Lindstrom. Just want to find him. He is from California. (Fontana, West Covina, Bloomington)

Mike! Nutter. Lindstrom. Kelly. all alias'. or maybe not. was never truly informed of your life. however, you chose to "disappear" in 95. and why? are you ashamed of me? of you? well, I would have liked to have an opinion one time. and I will tell you this. I don't judge. you are my father. so before you die find me. I am your first born. I went back to my maiden name. so look me up. still in San Diego. Please.
my father has a grim reaper tattoo on his left forearm with RIP in a tombstone. he also was on the Leave it to Beaver show in the 50's. anyone? anyone? somehow, big sandy texas came about . did you move to texas dad?? or still in california?

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 05-09-2012 at 04:08 AM.. Reason: merged 2nd post with 1st

Old 12-23-2010, 08:59 AM

35 posts, read 61,888 times
When I went to find my father he had passed away, I was told with his marriage he had a set of twins..I just wonder from time to time where a part of me came from. His name was James spears he ran around in the Quapaw and Commerence area. He had 2 sisters, ones name was Shirley and one passed at a fairly young age. There is one I'm told I look like her..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or