U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2009, 11:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,858 times

Advertisements

I know this is a long shot...here it goes. My father, Max E. Davis is from Modesto Ca. He passed away almost 3 years ago. About one year ago I found out that he had a son out of wedlock (before meeting my mother). I know that he met with him in Modesto about 20 yrs ago. I think the sons mothers name my be Kathy, he was born in Ca, probably Modesto. He would have been born in 1955 or 1956. Is there a way to search birth records looking for my fathers name listed as the "father"?. Or any idea of where to go from here?
Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 12:32 PM

1,830 posts, read 4,768,235 times
The California Birth Index lists the child's name, birthdate, county and mother's maiden surname. You don't have enough informaton to find him in the records. Do you know if he was given your father's surname? If she did, that narrows it down to 22 male births in that county in those 2 years, and then we'd have to cross-check each mother's maiden name for a Kathy who wasn't already married to a Davis.

If he didn't have the Davis name then it's next to impossible to find him without the mother's name, and your best chance is if he himself is searching for his father and finds this thread. Set your profile preferences to notify your email when someone posts to the thread and keep your details current. Sometimes it takes years, but it happens.

You can ask relatives and old friends of your father in hopes someone knew the mother's name. Any detail could help. Have you checked for an old address/phone number book of your father's? Or any old records of the trip to Modesto, that might give an address?

Old 05-15-2009, 11:24 PM

Default thank you

Thank You for your reply. I know I don't have very much info. I know things were kept hush hush back then and we didn't find out until after my father had passed. He had kept the secret his whole life. I do know that he met with him a few times. I have checked with friends of my fathers who are still living and they didn't know anything. I do know the birth mother didn't want to get married to my father and had the baby on her own. Do not know if he is listed on the birth certificate. You said there were 22 births? How did you find that out, can I see those records? I really know nothing about researching this.
Thanks for your help.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:27 AM

1,830 posts, read 4,768,235 times
I'll send you a direct message.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:44 AM

Thanks You...I don't have enough info but will keep looking...thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search