U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 06:46 PM

2 posts, read 9,402 times

Advertisements

My mother was 15 yrs old and my grandmother tried to make her lose the baby. well it didn't work, so she sent her to new york to have the baby. Well my sister was born december 28 1968 at cuba memorial hospital. My grandmother got rid of all paper work so my mom could not find my sister. Please does anyone know where i need to start by finding her. my mom named her joy alison. but i imagine the people who adopted her probably changed her name. if anyone knows anything about this could you please help me. if you could please email me at step_d39@hotmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 05:47 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,160,587 times
This is a long shot, but perhaps something to look into. In an archive article, the print is a bit smudged, but it's a weekly newspaper for the area. If you look at the bottom of the page, there is a New Arrivals section. Perhaps you can contact the associated families in the area now.
http://www.andoverfreelibrary.org/ar...02_1969_01.pdf
Your sister would have been born on a Saturday, I believe. I don't know how soon after your sister would have been adopted, or even if adoptive parents would have an ad in the paper, announcing their new arrival or not. You never know, though. From reading different ads in there, it looks as though everyone knew everyone else's comings and goings. Good luck.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:40 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,037,546 times
It would have to be on the part that is smudged!!! :-) Nice find ecam222

Dr. Harvey & Gloria Ellis Saalberg

SAALBERG, GLORIA ELLIS (Age 81)

Relatives:

SAALBERG, VICTORIA THERESE (Age 40)
SAALBERG, HARVEY WILLIAM (Age 80)
SAALBERG, JULIE ELIZABETH (Age 53)

Note~ The parents were in their 40s at the time of her birth.

SAALBERG, VICTORIA THERESE (Age 40)

Associated names:

CAMPBELL, VICTORIA S

Victoria Campbell
9959 Adleta Blvd
Dallas, TX 75243
(214) 340-0150

Her birthday is listed as 12/14/1968. Altho, it was not uncommon to change the birthdate back then. Since it was so close to the end of the year, they may have went back 2 weeks (to keep the income tax break & so her birthday wasn't SO close to the holiday).

Good luck!

Old 05-24-2009, 09:30 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,160,587 times
Thank you Travelingal2. I was having difficulty with the last name and I hadn't figured on that one. If this is not the sister, then perhaps the baby (now grown woman) would have grown up with her...assuming she was adopted in the same area.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:32 AM

10,680 posts, read 21,352,339 times
Ever think to contact "The Locator" Troy Dunn?

his site

Old 09-15-2009, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,893 times
I find this sort of casting a wide net across the internet highly offensive. I understand it must be a difficult situation to know about the existence of a sibling and the longing to locate an adopted sibling but there needs to be consideration of the other party/parties. I actually grew up with this woman and did a search for her and ran across this. My first thought was how would you like this speculative dialogue occurring about you for the entire world to see? Who is to say if this is her or not or whether she knows she is adopted or if her parents told her. It is a lot of information that may or may not be true. But isn't in our nature to believe whatever we read or at least place some doubt in our minds to what is real and what isn't? There are so many avenues in our day and age to find out this information in a private and sensitive manner with respect to all parties involved.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,117,657 times
Quote:
I actually grew up with this woman and did a search for her and ran across this.-CristiB
Her name was still the same from birth ?

Old 09-17-2009, 03:07 PM

2,431 posts, read 5,495,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CristiB View Post
I find this sort of casting a wide net across the internet highly offensive. I understand it must be a difficult situation to know about the existence of a sibling and the longing to locate an adopted sibling but there needs to be consideration of the other party/parties. I actually grew up with this woman and did a search for her and ran across this. My first thought was how would you like this speculative dialogue occurring about you for the entire world to see? Who is to say if this is her or not or whether she knows she is adopted or if her parents told her. It is a lot of information that may or may not be true. But isn't in our nature to believe whatever we read or at least place some doubt in our minds to what is real and what isn't? There are so many avenues in our day and age to find out this information in a private and sensitive manner with respect to all parties involved.
All of this information is gleaned from public records and readily available to anyone on the net.

We happen to have very capable members who have helped many people reconnect with long lost relatives.

They do this without pay. For this reason alone they deserve kudos.

Thank you to all the volunteers that make City-Data's People Search forum such a success.
FAQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search