U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 02:30 PM

842 posts, read 1,979,072 times

Advertisements

I just tried the Free People Searches and after they give me a small amount of information for free, they want me to join for $29.95.
This site is intended to offer people free advice, not get them to pay for it.
Sites like accurint.com give awesome, accurate, and usually up-to-date information. Thank you, Twinkle Toes for getting back to me, I did follow up on and it is not offered to the general public. I was able to use it a long time ago while working for a law firm. It was a very powerful search site. We found almost everyone we were looking for on that site. If they ever offered a service to the general public, I'm onboard.
Most of the other sites they get you to pay for just aren't worth it. And most of the information those sites provide is found on a regular basis by people right on this website for free.
As Mr. Bill says earlier in this post, save your money. Try just posting who you are looking for first. If that doesn't work, then go ahead and try alternatives.
The volunteers on this site have proven themselves to be very resourceful people and unless you are looking for someone with a warrant who doesn't want to be found or someone with no paper trail, they've done a pretty good job of finding them.
If anyone has any free sites, truly free with no charges for additional information, I would sure like to hear about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 11:32 PM

23 posts, read 54,224 times
Net detective is a total rip off. At least it was when I purchased it several years ago. I found nothing using net detective that I didn't find elsewhere on the net for free. I noticed here lately they have several domain names like: consumer-guide.org and consumer-advisory.org and consumersguides.net and others, all designed to make you think it's a great product/service.
I don't remember what it costs but it's not worth a dime.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:03 PM

221 posts, read 536,347 times
So, what would be recommended if one only had a complete maiden name and DOB to use in a search?

Old 06-15-2009, 04:10 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,946,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLooking View Post
So, what would be recommended if one only had a complete maiden name and DOB to use in a search?

I would recommend you start a new post and put the full maiden name and DOB and let the searches see what they can find for you.

Bill

Old 06-18-2009, 04:59 AM

12 posts, read 35,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan13202 View Post
I just tried the Free People Searches and after they give me a small amount of information for free, they want me to join for $29.95.
This site is intended to offer people free advice, not get them to pay for it.
Sites like accurint.com give awesome, accurate, and usually up-to-date information. Thank you, Twinkle Toes for getting back to me, I did follow up on and it is not offered to the general public. I was able to use it a long time ago while working for a law firm. It was a very powerful search site. We found almost everyone we were looking for on that site. If they ever offered a service to the general public, I'm onboard.
Most of the other sites they get you to pay for just aren't worth it. And most of the information those sites provide is found on a regular basis by people right on this website for free.
As Mr. Bill says earlier in this post, save your money. Try just posting who you are looking for first. If that doesn't work, then go ahead and try alternatives.
The volunteers on this site have proven themselves to be very resourceful people and unless you are looking for someone with a warrant who doesn't want to be found or someone with no paper trail, they've done a pretty good job of finding them.
If anyone has any free sites, truly free with no charges for additional information, I would sure like to hear about them.
Of course they're going to make you pay. This site is part of the acme-people-search.com which offers internet marketers opportunity to make money by "exploiting" the "people search market." Some guy just discovered that people are willing to pay money for this and he created a site to capitalize on.

Susan I think you haven't really tried US Search, Intelius or People Finders. Accurint, as far as I can see does not offer searches to be performed by ordinary people. These sites do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search