U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 08:26 AM

12 posts, read 35,373 times

Advertisements

I suggest making a sticky story thread on people who were able to find whoever they were looking for using this forum. It would come as quite an encouragement for newcomers as well as give more reputation to this sub-forum

Regards

Last edited by katzenfreund; 06-29-2009 at 08:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 09:22 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,036,718 times
Great idea FinderMind! I love reading the success stories. :-)

Old 05-29-2009, 05:48 PM

2,429 posts, read 5,493,461 times
Good idea and I will discuss it with my co-moderator, katzenfreud.
If anyone remembers a month ago City-Data had major server problems.
One solution was to limit the amount of stickies throughout the site.
We will keep this idea in mind FinderMind, and when we know more about what the new server will handle, this topic will be revisited.
Thanks,
7th
FAQ

Old 05-29-2009, 05:52 PM

842 posts, read 1,978,836 times
How about taking all the threads that are resolved successfully and moving them into a new forum called people search success stories. It would be nice, too, because the only ones left here are the ones that still need to be worked on.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:52 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,036,718 times
Susan ~ I love that idea!

Old 05-29-2009, 08:05 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,159,851 times
FinderMind ~ I think it's a great idea. I don't believe it could possibly take up too much room....ha-ha...at least, not the ones that I've been involved with. There are a number of people here who do great work and have gotten terrific feedback for their efforts.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:36 AM

5,127 posts, read 10,255,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
Good idea and I will discuss it with my co-moderator, katzenfreud.
If anyone remembers a month ago City-Data had major server problems.
One solution was to limit the amount of stickies throughout the site.
We will keep this idea in mind FinderMind, and when we know more about what the new server will handle, this topic will be revisited.
Thanks,
7th
I agree, this sounds like a great idea. We only have one sticky and are allowed to have two for each forum.

forum rules, please read them

Old 06-02-2009, 01:25 PM

19,199 posts, read 8,984,544 times
I started a people search thread, in Sept, 2008, looking for my bff, from high school. this is the thread....
Cindy Woodring (DHS 79) Doland SD

then, one day, on Facebook, I found her older sister. Her sister provided me, with the info, to start a thread, looking for the youngest brother, hoping he could lead us to Cindy...... This thread:
Larry L. Harshman

While we have not yet been able to connect, with Cindy, Her sister & brother have been reunited, thanks, to the help, of the dedicated team, on the People Search forum, of City Data. I have been asked, to "thank all of you", from Larry & his sister.
From our hearts,

* edited to add.......for those of you, searching for a friend, or relative......Never give up.......

Old 06-29-2009, 08:27 AM

19,199 posts, read 8,984,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
I started a people search thread, in Sept, 2008, looking for my bff, from high school. this is the thread....
Cindy Woodring (DHS 79) Doland SD

then, one day, on Facebook, I found her older sister. Her sister provided me, with the info, to start a thread, looking for the youngest brother, hoping he could lead us to Cindy...... This thread:
Larry L. Harshman

While we have not yet been able to connect, with Cindy, Her sister & brother have been reunited, thanks, to the help, of the dedicated team, on the People Search forum, of City Data. I have been asked, to "thank all of you", from Larry & his sister.
From our hearts,

* edited to add.......for those of you, searching for a friend, or relative......Never give up.......

Final note:
Contact with Cindy has been established, both thru email & a phone call, last night!
Big hugs, to those of you, who have helped me/us, on this Journey! We are forever grateful!
For those of you, searching, for someone, important to you: NEVER give up!
My humble thanks, to the Dedicated People Search forum Team!
~debey

Old 07-24-2009, 05:01 PM

539 posts, read 627,503 times
Default hcgCali Found My Daughter

A big thanks to hcgCali for locating my daughter, Angela, I lost contact with her when she was 17, now she is 35. hcgCali took an extra step and located her myspace profile..there are several photos of her holding a baby..maybe I have a grandchild..

Thanks again to hcgcali and to the generators of this forum.

Gary Clayton
US Army retired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search