U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2006, 01:08 PM

27 posts, read 81,046 times

Advertisements

Am trying to locate relatives or family info for Laverne A. Lallathin or his mother, Maymee E. Lallathin. Mr. Lallathin was a Marine during WWII and was killed in a plane crash in April, 1944. At the time of his enlistment, his address was Ada, Oklahoma. His mother's address was Bay Center, Washington.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2006, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,939 times
Default semperfi - re: Laverne Lallathin

Please tell me who you are and how I can help you. I am Laverne Lallathin's niece and I hope you write back. Please!

Old 10-18-2006, 09:33 AM

Default Reply sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellissia Lou View Post
Please tell me who you are and how I can help you. I am Laverne Lallathin's niece and I hope you write back. Please!
Mellissia Lou....I have sent you a private message. If it doesn't reach you, please post here to let me know!!!! THANK YOU

Old 02-27-2007, 03:09 PM

3 posts, read 7,205 times
I am Laverne Lallathin's niece Cynthia Jane. Please respond. I would like more information on the discovery of his plane. My sister is Mellissia.
Thank you!

Old 02-28-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Laverne Lallathin crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Jane Thornburg View Post
I am Laverne Lallathin's niece Cynthia Jane. Please respond. I would like more information on the discovery of his plane. My sister is Mellissia.
Thank you!

Cynthia Jane, I've sent you a private message. Thanks for your response!

Old 05-15-2007, 07:58 AM

3 posts, read 7,205 times
How do I open the message?

CJ

Old 05-16-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Cynthia Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Jane Thornburg View Post
How do I open the message?

CJ
When the message was sent, you should have received an email from the site with a link to the message. The message may have also been included in that email.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 926 times
Default Laverne Lallathin

Laverne's mother was a sister to my husband's grandmother. We are trying to make family connections. Thank you, Caneta

Old 07-23-2013, 02:47 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,947,702 times
Caneta This is an old post. If you click on the names you can send them a direct message.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:31 PM

Default Hi, Caneta!

I've just sent you a private message concerning your post. Please let me know if you do not receive that message. I included my email address in that reply so that you can use it to contact me directly.

So much has happened since I made the original posts about searching for the relatives of the men on PBJ 35087. Amazing stories that could fill a book!! I'm thrilled to report that after three JPAC missions to the crash site, in 2012 remains and/or personal effects of all seven of those Marines were finally returned to their families. Individual services with full military honors were held. In October 2012, two services were held at Arlington National Cemetery. Several surviving men of VMB-423, some relatives of all seven of the men on the plane, plus quite a few others were in attendance for quite an emotional occasion!

If you (or any of the other kind people, such as MrBillM, who have responded) are interested, you should be able to find information online about the returns/burials by searching for the men's names: Laverne A. Lallathin, John Daniel "Jack" Yeager, James Austin Sisney , Walter Burt Vincent, Wayne Richard Erickson, Dwight D. Ekstam, and John Albert Donovan.

I look forward to hearing from you again, Caneta!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search