U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 12:08 PM

11 posts, read 30,066 times

Advertisements

Back in 1964, when I was 19yrs old, my half-brother showed up at our front door in Levittown, NY, looking for my mother. She could not bring herself to welcome him and ended up in the hospital the whole time he was there with his family. I had many long talks with him, waiting in the hospital hallway, hoping she would let him in to talk to her. I kept his address when he left, but mother found it in my bedroom and destroyed it...so I have no idea how to look for him again...I am now a grandma and live in Nevada. The only thing I know about him is that his first name is Raymond Gene and I believe that some of the Dustman extended family know of him. I suppose he would be in his late 60's by now. The other families that she spoke of were Dudash and Hively. If someone sees this posting and know any information please kindly respond to Esther Sue Tedesco ... thank you! I was born in Youngstown and believe he probably was also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 01:07 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,290,916 times
Would this family member have any Cincinnati area connections? I know a Tedesco in Hamilton (just north of Cincinnati) and perhaps he could supply leads. Private message me with your email address and I will forward the info to my friend and he can contact you if he knows something.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:55 PM

Smile Looking fro my half-brother, Raymond Gene

Thanks for your reply Ohioan ...my married name is Tedesco. Raymond would be a half brother through my mother, whose maiden name is Dustman. She lived in the area near south of Youngstown. I remember her talking about going to the Canfield Cty Fair. And I have a vague memory of going to a farm near North Lima when I was about 6 yrs old. There are other members of the extended family ( Hively, Dudash, Hadlock, Horlick) who have tried to reconcile my mother and her son years ago, who probably know his whereabouts, but we were not commonly in touch with relatives (in Ohio) when I was growing up (on Long Island, NY) I don't know their last names just the ones I mentioned in my post.
I don't know what Raymond Gene's last name would be. I had another member reply with the leads on 3 Raymond Gene's. ( I will certainly follow up on that!) It never occurred to me that his last name might be Gene. I always thought that Gene was a middle name. My grandfather Dustman was gone before I was born and my grandmother remarried to a Hadlock..whom I also never met. I had an Aunt named Anna Horlick and I know there are other Dustman relatives around somewhere in Ohio and Upstate NY.
Again, thanks for your reply...I think am praying that I will someday find him, so he knows he was not totally rejected.

Last edited by E S Tedesco; 06-12-2009 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: spelling and grammar

Old 06-13-2009, 10:47 AM

Again, send me a private message through this board with your email address and I will forward to my friend with the last name "Tedesco" for him to act on if he wishes. If you don't do this I can't make that connection for you.

Another idea is that there are several people finder services that claim to find exactly whoever you ask for, for a fee. It may cost a couple of hundred but it would give you closure. I can't recommend any, but it's just an idea.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:00 PM

3,805 posts, read 3,158,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioan58 View Post
Again, send me a private message through this board with your email address and I will forward to my friend with the last name "Tedesco" for him to act on if he wishes. If you don't do this I can't make that connection for you.

Another idea is that there are several people finder services that claim to find exactly whoever you ask for, for a fee. It may cost a couple of hundred but it would give you closure. I can't recommend any, but it's just an idea.

Maybe you could send him a DM and he could just reply on it. Maybe he is not sure how to send a DM yet.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioan58 View Post

I don't understand why someone whose last name is Tedesco could help me find members of the Dustman/Hadlock family? My husbands last name is Tedesco and his family is from New Jersey...we met in Nevada. Please let me know what you are thinking?

Old 06-13-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
...my married name is Tedesco. Raymond would be a half brother through my mother,
Ok, got it. Your posts were so lengthy and detailed that this essential fact got by me. Nope, can't help you.

You may want to try some genealogical research web sites, like Ancestry.com, and try searching for the related families. That's my gut feeling if you want to make this happen on your own. My brother found a long lost branch of our maternal grandmother's family in a community 100 mi. away from here that was thriving and which has yearly reunions that we have attended a few times, through his own genealogy activities.

Good luck!

Otherwise, you're just hoping that someone will randomly run across your post and have an answer for you. This is a tough situation because your search and the people involved really span several states.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,235 times
Default Looking for a half-brother

"My grandfather Dustman was gone before I was born and my grandmother remarried to a Hadlock..whom I also never met. I had an Aunt named Anna Horlick and I know there are other Dustman relatives around somewhere in Ohio and Upstate NY.
Again, thanks for your reply...I think am praying that I will someday find him, so he knows he was not totally rejected."

Hello, I am doing research concerning my Mothers Maternal side of the family. When i did a search, with her name, your post came up.
I am the youngest of Anna Horlick daughters, Wendy.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:20 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,120,472 times
Oh, I hope something comes of this. Let us know, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search