U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 09:08 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,117,506 times

Advertisements

Wishing you the best Tina, hope it works out for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 PM

1,091 posts, read 2,506,541 times
Hey, thanks Jim.
I checked the facebook photo for Reid Bradley, my potential 1/2 brother. Again, I never would have thought to use Facebook. WAy to go TravelingGal2. He is in a pilot's uniform. Pretty cool. I used to make up stories about my father and his family when I was little. It's a strange feeling to know that I may be very close to the actual truth in a matter of hours or days. I've decided I think it is best to go through one of the sons listed first. My biological father is 70 and it appears he has a wife living as well. I think it may be less disruptive to the family if I go through one of the sons (in their 40s). Hopefully the son will share pieces of information and maybe a photo or two. Mentally I'm just trying to prepare myself in case I meet hostility. I lost my mom, who was my only family, in 2007. I don't expect a relationship or to be met with open arms into this family I've never known but it will hurt immensely if they can not at least be kind as I seek a little information. Believe me, I'm a realist. I know if this man wanted to know his daughter, and it appears that I am potentially his only daughter based on the info TravelingGal sent, he would have easily located me. I'm in the same small Southern town in which my mama gave birth to me. And I'm not angry anymore.....left the anger behind me in my 20s. Sorry for my ramblings...I'm just trying to think through (out loud) the best approach. If anyone is out there...TravelingGal...Jim..... do you think it is ok to start with the 47 year old son? My first sentences, I think, will be .....you may never have heard of me but I believe I am your half sister. Like you, I am a working professional and am not looking for anything other than some information about my biological father and my medical history. Any other advice?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:40 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,117,506 times
I agree Tina, I think going through one of the sons is best. I think they may be more willing to talk with you than other family members would,and have less chance of any hostility. They may be glad to know they have a sister they didn't know about before. I have a half brother I didn't know about, he was 28 yrs old before I knew he even existed, We have got along great over the years and stayed in contact with each other. Again I wish you the best and hope this works out good for you..

Old 06-16-2009, 09:44 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,037,812 times
I agree with Jim, start with the son. You may want to ask him if his father is Hoyt Bradley who used to work for the Oil company... If he has an uncle named Hoke...depending on his answers, then you can go on from there. If the answers are way off...then you will know. Knowing that you know this information may make you more believeble, too!

Good luck to you, Tina! I am praying for you. :-)

Old 07-11-2009, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelingal2 View Post
HOKE BRADLEY, 70, of Hogansville died Friday. Funeral, 4 p.m. today, Claude A. McKibben & Sons Funeral Home, Hogansville. Printed: January 25, 2009
Oh no. I just found out who my paternal grandfather was, and now I find out he is dead. That's a huge bummer.

I'd like to know if Hoyt's family is responsive at all, because I'm also interested in family medical history...since he and Hoke were twins.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:04 PM

Hi Maldabrroc777.
I decided not to contact Hoyt's family at this time, after some soul searching. It is enough to have the names and locations of my biological brothers in case I need the information at some point in the future. While I am enormously curious about this side of the family, a dear friend pointed out that the rejection I might suffer, in addition to the guilt of disrupting the lives of his children, should be considered. Hoyt knew about me from birth, as well as the location of my mother and myself. He opted not to help my mother in any way or take an active interest in my life. Try as I might not to go into the situation with a judgmental edge, I still feel that the time is not right for me. Please feel free to DM me for support. Since it seems that you and I are extended family, I'd love to correspond if you feel so inclined. Blessings to you as you determine your journey........

Old 11-11-2009, 11:55 AM

2 posts, read 1,714 times
Default TINABEAN RE: Hoyt Bradley

Have been looking for Hoyt as well. I was raised in Ga. Bapt. Childrens Home with Hoyt, Hoke, Dan and Virginia. I remember their older brother Paul as well. Last info I got was from another homie, Willard Shelton. Hoyt's last known city of residence was Houston, Tx.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 PM

Hi - Tell Burke...
Please DM me if you will. I decided not to contact Hoyt directly due to his age and loss of his twin brother, Hoke, this year. I do not want to intrude or disrupt his life but I am, obviously, very interested in this half of my heritage. I was aware that he and his brother were raised in an orphanage but that is all I know. If you are willing to share any memories or information you have, I'd be truly grateful. Travelinggal2, a true ANGEL, posted the contact information she was able to locate in Houston. If you scroll back through her responses, you will see the Houston contact info. listed. If you feel led, direct him to this forum and my post. Perhaps he will reach out to me. I just pray God's will be done in the matter. Thanks, TB.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:04 PM

2 posts, read 1,892 times
Tinabean, I am the person with all the answers to your question guanteed! Hoyt and Hoke were twins. Hoyt had 2 sons Scott and Reid. Scott committed suicide several years ago, maybe late 1980's. Scot is burried in Fairburn , Ga. Reid who has been in / out of jail many times. The last time I saw Reid was at his brothers funeral. Hoke died in January 2009. I am Hoke son!
Send me a message we can talk more.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:33 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,118,463 times
Wow ! I hope she contacts you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search