U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 03:15 PM

1,091 posts, read 2,507,696 times

Advertisements

We found each other. JB is my first cousin (our fathers were twin brothers) and a wonderful Christian man. He spent two hours on the phone with me recounting as much of our family history and heritage as he could. It turns out that I am indeed Native American and that we have a Native American tribal chief in our lineage. I have enough information to know that my bio father was a very successful businessman who lived in the middle east but was, unfortunately, an absentee father to his sons. I have no plans to pursue meeting my bio father and I am satisfied with the outcome of my journey. JB and I will most likely meet at some point and I thank God for providing many missing pieces of information. May God bless each and every one of you who contributed to my quest for information and requests for guidance as I moved through the process. Hopefully I'll be able to return the favor and help someone else on their journey at some point......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 09:19 AM

1 posts, read 753 times
Default RE: Hoyt Bradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post
I am looking for a Mr. Hoyt Bradley who has at least two sons, Scott and Reid. Mr. Bradley worked for Gulf Oil in Georgia in the 1960s. There is a Mr. Hoyt Bradley from Georgia who passed away in February of 2009 but he was not the Hoyt Bradley I am looking for. The Mr. Bradley I am searching for had a twin brother whom I believe is named Hoke. Any help with finding Mr Hoyt Bradley, my biological father, would mean very much to me.
I know the family. Do you still need the information. Leave me your email address or phone # and I can feel you on the family if you haven't talked with them. I know the whole family personally - or you can email me. I don't get on this forum that much anymore. cindysparks@yahoo.com

Last edited by cindysparks; 08-14-2010 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: more writing

Old 08-15-2010, 11:42 AM

Hi Cindy....I tried to email you using the yahoo address but it was invalid. I sent you a DM through CD. Please respond to the DM when you get this message. Thank YOU!!!

Old 01-16-2017, 04:08 PM

2 posts, read 1,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBfishing View Post
Tinabean, I am the person with all the answers to your question guanteed! Hoyt and Hoke were twins. Hoyt had 2 sons Scott and Reid. Scott committed suicide several years ago, maybe late 1980's. Scot is burried in Fairburn , Ga. Reid who has been in / out of jail many times. The last time I saw Reid was at his brothers funeral. Hoke died in January 2009. I am Hoke son!
Send me a message we can talk more.
Your Dad, Hoke, and myself had a history dating back to the 40's ! Contact me at. tburke1938@hotmail.com.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:14 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,122,449 times
One of the best threads on this forum I have read in a long time. Really interesting and well done.
Thx.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
One of the best threads on this forum I have read in a long time. Really interesting and well done.
Thx.
Thank you, Annie. I sent an email over to Burke and am waiting for a reply.
This has been both an emotional and interesting process. Through this forum, I have seen so many other folks who have missed knowing their biological parent(s). Our birth situations, whether good or imperfect, were not our choice and do not define us as individuals. I am letting this situation bring answers to me rather than pushing for all of the answers that I think that I may want or need. I'm just grateful that there is a resource like this, and the people contributing to this thread have been Heaven sent!, where folks like me can get closer to finding the answers about their family heritage, medical history, etc.. that will help them. Here's to hoping for a happy ending for me....and all of the others out there.
Peace and love to everyone on a similar journey.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search