U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 12:28 PM

7 posts, read 12,215 times

Advertisements

hello, my name is christina and im searching for my father and his name is leroy brown. i have come to find out that many people have the same name and i had no luck in finding him. all i know is that he lived in brooklyn, ny in the year of 1979 and earlier, he and my mom were together but she moved back home to georgia that same year and later he followed but they broke up before i was even born, so he moved back to new york. i was born in december of 1979. i don't really have too many details to give except what my mom has told me. he had a best friend name joel ponds and i dont think they have contact anymore with one another. i believe one of his sisters name is ann but im looking for serious inquiries only because this means a lot to me in finding him and its not a joke. i thought i would give this a try here and maybe someone would find this and read. maybe something will come out of this, at least im praying it does. if anyone has information or know my father with some of the small details i have listed, please feel free to leave me a message. maybe someone out there knows him and knows that he has a long lost daughter that he may be looking for or maybe he even mentioned it before. thank you!! maybe someone may even know his sisters, im hoping!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 12:33 PM

89 posts, read 267,967 times
That is so sad I hope you find your dad. I wish you all the best!

Old 06-16-2009, 03:52 PM

120 posts, read 347,334 times
Do you have an idea of age, other children, middle name or what his parents names where. The more specific you can be the better able we will be able to help you. Even if your mom remembers what kind of job he did, what school he graduated from, more would be very helpful.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:48 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,040,307 times
Does your mother remember his birthdate or middle name?

Old 06-19-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thamlet2149 View Post
Do you have an idea of age, other children, middle name or what his parents names where. The more specific you can be the better able we will be able to help you. Even if your mom remembers what kind of job he did, what school he graduated from, more would be very helpful.

it was so long ago but my mom said hes around the age of 60-61, tall and dark skin and his father was leroy brown sr. i believe his mother died of cancer before i was born! he has sisters, one of them ann and another named mozella, i spoke of ann in my request, my mom said she believe he has another sister but she doesn't remember her name. my father did printing for the newspapers those years ago. the last i spoke with his friend, mr. ponds was around 2 to 3 years ago and he said the last time they talked to one another, he was still doing printing work but he called it off set printing and i believe he said he worked in new jersey but i don't know how accurate he was, since it was some years ago and things have a way of changing so sudden. thats basically all i know from what my mom told me. i have pics of him but i haven't had much luck to where i can show them, hoping maybe someone could or would recognize him. i thought being part of a forum, people have a way of coming across important information and people. im hoping i could be one of the lucky ones to at least get to find and know my father for once in my life. thank you very much for your interest, i appreciate it! take care!

Old 06-19-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelingal2 View Post
Does your mother remember his birthdate or middle name?

she remembers only, that they both were born on the same day. february 10 but she doesn't remember the year. she was married since then and is now a widow and sometimes we tend to forget about our past and pretty much lose all details we once knew about someone. he has no middle name but he is a jr. thank you for your interest, i appreciate it. take care!

Old 06-19-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mderm View Post
That is so sad I hope you find your dad. I wish you all the best!
thank you very much, i hope i could find him also.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:57 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,040,307 times
BROWN, LEROY (Age 61)

NEWARK, NJ
BRONX, NY

Relatives:
BROWN, PHYLLIS (Age 60)
BROWN, BERTRAND (Age 57)
BROWN, EARLHOWARD
BROWN, THELMA (Age 51)
BROWN, PHAMEL

Leroy Brown

home
226 W End Ave, Apt 1
Newark, NJ 07106-2617

(973) 399-7401

Old 06-20-2009, 07:41 PM

thank you, travelingal2! i will be sure to check these sources out and i really appreciate your help!

Old 06-25-2009, 03:00 PM

11 posts, read 17,488 times
Default Leroy

Hello
maybe i can help did you find your father?
Okay he is how old you said and his birthday was feb 10

i dont care how many browns there are in the usa i once found a davis fellow about 11 of them with the same birthday and i narrowed it down to the real one

all things are possible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search