U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,822 times

Advertisements

I am looking for my little brother. He is between 10 and 15. his name is cody wayne lang. I have not seen him since his mother and my father seperated when he was 4 years old. I would love to reconnect with him and make him a part of my life.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:19 PM

3,553 posts, read 7,712,833 times
Please post every detail that you can about him and where he might be and who he might be with - - everything that you are comfortable posting.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:06 AM

17,925 posts, read 54,281,810 times
This thread will probably be moved or deleted by the mods because of the nature of the subject matter. However, there should be a sticky about this type of request.

While it is 95% likely that this is an innocent request, this is the internet and there is a major amount of anonymity to the real name of the poster. I strongly urge that people NOT respond to these requests with information unless they are absolutely 100% certain of the identity of the poster and the situation surrounding the "disappearance." The raw facts of life are that many people are abused and their abusers are continually trying to find out where they are. Other people may be seeking a person because of some attempt at retribution. We all are aware of the witness protection program, which is used in extreme cases. Most disputes don't reach that level of protection by the government.

To anyone legitimately seeking a lost loved one, please consider the standard legal channels, or hiring a professional to conduct the search. I know the chances of you being honest and innocent are very great, but I simply could not live with myself if I inadvertently guided someone who was an abuser towards their prey.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:54 AM

842 posts, read 1,981,157 times
We should not be helping anyone search for minors on this site. And we should not be helping minors search for others on this site. You are suppose to be 16 years old just to use the site by the terms of use agreement.
If anyone is attempting to find a minor who is a sibling or a child or grandchild, they should be going through the proper channels, through the courts and requesting visitation. Relatives of the child have certain rights to visitation as rewarded by a court. If you are a parent looking for a minor, you should be paying support for that child and you should be able to get visitation through the court.
If the court has deemed that you should not have visitation, then we should not be helping you locate the child. It is up to the custodial parent and the courts to decide who should have visitation rights and who should know the location of the child, not us.
I think this site does some really great things as far as reuniting people. But there are some cases we should not be helping, and searching for minors or helping minors search for others is one of those areas.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:17 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,127,450 times
I disagree with this post but you have a right to say it. They have done a lot of good and anything is a crapshoot in this life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
This thread will probably be moved or deleted by the mods because of the nature of the subject matter. However, there should be a sticky about this type of request.

While it is 95% likely that this is an innocent request, this is the internet and there is a major amount of anonymity to the real name of the poster. I strongly urge that people NOT respond to these requests with information unless they are absolutely 100% certain of the identity of the poster and the situation surrounding the "disappearance." The raw facts of life are that many people are abused and their abusers are continually trying to find out where they are. Other people may be seeking a person because of some attempt at retribution. We all are aware of the witness protection program, which is used in extreme cases. Most disputes don't reach that level of protection by the government.

To anyone legitimately seeking a lost loved one, please consider the standard legal channels, or hiring a professional to conduct the search. I know the chances of you being honest and innocent are very great, but I simply could not live with myself if I inadvertently guided someone who was an abuser towards their prey.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:19 PM

4,907 posts, read 6,127,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeannBrown View Post
I am looking for my little brother. He is between 10 and 15. his name is cody wayne lang. I have not seen him since his mother and my father seperated when he was 4 years old. I would love to reconnect with him and make him a part of my life.
I think you are going to have to wait until he is over 18. Good luck to you.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:01 PM

10,776 posts, read 21,401,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeannBrown View Post
Instead of looking for your brother that may be a minor; you can look for his dad.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:19 PM

2,432 posts, read 5,500,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan13202 View Post
We should not be helping anyone search for minors on this site. And we should not be helping minors search for others on this site. You are suppose to be 16 years old just to use the site by the terms of use agreement.
If anyone is attempting to find a minor who is a sibling or a child or grandchild, they should be going through the proper channels, through the courts and requesting visitation. Relatives of the child have certain rights to visitation as rewarded by a court. If you are a parent looking for a minor, you should be paying support for that child and you should be able to get visitation through the court.
If the court has deemed that you should not have visitation, then we should not be helping you locate the child. It is up to the custodial parent and the courts to decide who should have visitation rights and who should know the location of the child, not us.
I think this site does some really great things as far as reuniting people. But there are some cases we should not be helping, and searching for minors or helping minors search for others is one of those areas.
A minor is just that and whether it is looking for one or helping a minor child find another is in violation of the Terms of Service.
FAQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search