U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,039 times

Advertisements

Hello. My name is Linda and I am an ex- Warrington-ite. I lived with my family in Warrington in the Navy enlisted men's barracks from 1952-1959. I am a near graduate of Warrington Elementary School (which I just loved!)! I adored Florida, especially Pensacola and Fort Walton Beach. Sadly, in September, 1959, my parents, my sister and I were in a car accident. My parents died and my sister and I critically injured. We survived but were quickly adopted out to relatives in Wisconsin. I have been trying, ever since, without success, to find the article and obituary of my parents and the accident that was in one of the area newspapers. Can anyone help me? I have not been able to locate the newspaper or the articles. I hope some day to return and visit the towns of my childhood, even maybe go down Route 66 (if it's still open) to St. Augustine to the Florida Keys. I lived at 552 Moreno Court. Are those barracks still there? I doubt it, as they were substandard in the 50's. What about the school? IF anyone can help me, I'd be very grateful. Linda McCargar (Alvarez)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 03:03 PM

842 posts, read 1,980,585 times
You say you were adopted out to relatives. Don't they have the obituary? What were your parents names? What exact date was the accident? Have you tried contacting the local newspaper there? Some newspapers will do a search and look up articles for you, sometimes for a fee, sometimes for free? Have you tried contacting the library there? Again, some will search the microfilm for you, especially if you have a date and names, some won't, some will for a fee, and some will for free. What have you tried to do in your search and what have you found out? If you provide additional information and try the avenues listed in this post, you may have more luck.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:23 PM

929 posts, read 1,879,699 times
Contact the Pensacola newspaper and ask for their library or archivist.

Here's the number: (850) 435-8600

Old 08-02-2009, 07:12 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,949,340 times
You can visit the school on Classmates http://www.classmates.com/community/school/list?communityId=17187711 (broken link) They have 133 members on the list so maybe you will find an old classmate.

Bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search