U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,648 times

Advertisements

My mom died in 2006 but before she died she had told me that my father was an American man in the Air Force. She told me that my father originally came from Huntsville Alabama and was in the US Air Force. In 1969 he was at RAF Upper Heyford UK. Unfortunately my mother did not give me his name so it is proving extremely difficult in finding him. I am 40 yrs old now which means my father could be retired. He has a 21 yr old granddaughter here waiting to meet him. I live in the UK so my searching for him is limited to the Internet.

He knew my mother briefly, her name was Heather Pritchard. She had one twin sister and 2 brothers who lived in Coventry UK. My mom was probably aged around 17/18 yrs old when my father knew her. When she was 17 she lived with her diabetic father in a small town called Deddington Oxfordshire. She had brown wavy hair, blue eyes and was small in height. She loved dancing, playing the piano and the mandolin. She had a small scar to the side of her eye caused by her brother firing a pellet gun at a target event at a summer fayre when she was 12 yrs old.

Does anyone know of him, maybe he is your neighbour or a relative that was in the Air Force and was at Upper Heyford in 1969. Maybe you have heard stories from a relative or friend about his trip in the UK. He might be retired now and possibly aged in his late 60's maybe early 70's. Please if you think you can help me then reply to this message. I would be very grateful. Thankyou so much. Amanda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 01:55 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,983,259 times
If the mod doesn't move this to the designated section of the forum - People Search - then I would suggest also post there as I have noticed there is a pretty dedicated mistery-solving people-searching community out there helping others in their search.
If your message gets moved out of Hsv thread, you could post a link to the new location for people that otherwise only read the Hsv forum to leave their memory tidbits here.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:18 PM

64 posts, read 110,885 times
Not sure if this site will be of any help but its worth a try.RAF Upper Heyford, Oxfordshire, England. There is a board you should be able to post on there as well. Hope this helps and good luck. Keep us posted

Sincerely,
Neverontime2009

Old 09-09-2009, 07:03 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,946,603 times
You can also post it on classmates. They have an Air Force message board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search