Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,326 times

Advertisements

Hey,
I'm trying to locate someone who lives in Longmont, CO.
Her maiden name is Kathy Horner; she married in the last 6-7 years, and I don't have her married name. She is a caseworker/social worker, and possibly a therapist, and in the last 6-7 years was working in abused/homeless women shelters in the Longmont area.
I'd really appreciate any information anyone can give me to help me locate her. Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 01:00 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,349,988 times
Check with the county social services department for a work number for her.

I'm thinking "social workers who aid battered women" is another group to add to the list of home addressses we don't give out, because an abusive husband could be looking to settle the score with the person who helped his wife escape from him. I'm not saying that is your agenda, I'm just saying in general it would be prudent for us to protect their private info the same way we do cops and prison workers, because you just don't know who else could be trying to locate them for the wrong reasons.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:09 PM

2 posts, read 2,326 times
That's a good point. I figured any shelter I contacted wouldn't want to release info to me for that reason. She helped out a friend of mine in a time of need and I just want to drop her a line. It's tough with only her maiden name though, since they lost touch before she got married.
But I'll try out the county social services department. Thanks.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:01 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,349,988 times
The shelters shouldn't have a problem giving you her work contact - info from her business card - if she's still affilliated with them. She may still be using her maiden name at work. Oftentimes women who are in professions requiring state licensure keep their maiden names rather than go through the process of changing the license. If you get a response that yes they know her but no they won't give out her info, you can ask them to forward your letter to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search