Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2009, 09:08 PM

4 posts, read 7,222 times

Advertisements

I was born in Cannon Memorial Hospital in Pickens, SC on 12/15/1951. According to my non-identifying birth information, my mother was 18 yrs old when I was born and she was one of 12 children. My mother's father was married 3 times and my mother was the youngest child by his third wife. My mother's mother died in 1950 of heart trouble. on 2/20/52, my mother relinquished all parental rights to me, who she named "James Robert ?" I was placed with the Children's Bureau in Columbia, SC, where I was called "baby bobbie" and was adopted by my adoptive parents on 05/13/1952. Both of my adoptive parents have now passed away and I am very much interested in finding any relatives I may have. I do not know what my last name was, which makes it very difficult to find any of my family. Please help me put the pieces together so that I may be at peace in knowing who I am and where I came from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 09:14 PM

627 posts, read 1,621,849 times
Are you still James Robert? Are you still in SC? If so, she can find you easily if she wants to.

You should place an ad on the newspaper stating what you wrote above and any other information that can be helpful in Pickens, SC. One of your mom's 12 siblings or their kids or their kids's spouses/friends might read it and contact you.

Place the ad and include your phone number and wait for the phone to ring.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:15 PM

Default male born 12/15/51 in pickens, sc searching for birth family

I was born at Cannon Memorial Hospital in Pickens, sc on 12/15/1951. My mother was 18 years old when I was born and she was one of 12 children. My mother's father was married 3 times and my mother was the youngest child by his third wife. My mother had 2 sisters and 9 brothers. My mother's mother died in 1950 of heart trouble. On 02/20/52, my mother relinquished all parental rights to me, whom she named "James Robert" (last name unknown). I was placed with the Children's Bureau in Columbia, SC where I was called Baby Bobby. I was adopted by my adoptive parents on 05/13/1952. I was also referred to as "Baby James." The only other info I have is, when I was 1 month old, I was dropped by one of the workers at the home where I was placed (name of place unknown and accident was before I went to Children's Bureau) and this resulted in a broken hip. I was hospitalized for one month with a broken hip, but I don't know where or the name of the hospital. If anyone out there recognizes any of the information I was provided, please e-mail me at: dgideon1@charter.net. I was been searching for over 1 year now and have had no results. I have also been to the library in Pickens, SC, but had no luck because I do not have a last name to help with my search. My name now is James F. Montgomery. If anyone knows anything, please contact me, as I cannot afford to hire an attorney or private detective. Thanks for any information anyone can provide. James

Old 02-09-2010, 09:06 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,436,522 times
Pickens County, South Carolina Genealogical Records Information

What about searching cemetaries or databases for women that died in Pickens County, SC in 1950. It may help you to have last names to search for someone who fits what you already know.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:24 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,436,522 times
Great idea, Visitor2007. You may even get the local paper to write an article on your search.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:50 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,003 times
Your threads have been merged.. ONE thread per search please!

forum rules, please read them

Old 02-10-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelingal2 View Post
Pickens County, South Carolina Genealogical Records Information

What about searching cemetaries or databases for women that died in Pickens County, SC in 1950. It may help you to have last names to search for someone who fits what you already know.
Do you have any idea where I may find a database to find "women who died in 1950 in Pickens, SC? Thanks for your response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search