U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 04:22 PM

26 posts, read 53,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnlocator View Post
if you signed birth certificate do you have a copy what name did it have on it?

I signed a legal document for the adoption agency prior to her birth that stated I was the natural father. I did not sign the birth certificate itself.

That was 18 years ago when I myself was 18 so no I do not have a copy of anything pertaining to her birth....

If I did I'd be much closer to locating her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 04:27 PM

309 posts, read 1,115,192 times
Default Hospital records

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessepatty View Post
Your correct, it is law to obtain a S.S. card immediately after birth but it is up to the parents to apply for it with the office of vital statics.... The adoptive parents would have done this when the baby was allowed to leave a few days after birth..... Again, my ex had no contact with the to baby after she delivered it.

Actually I am chatting with my ex via Facebook as I type this and I have known this girl for 20+ years now.... She's telling me everything.

I'm going to go and try the hospital again and see if I can get something.....
Greetings,
My cousin told me the do keep hospital records, I thought they did.
Also try the Mormon Temple in Utah for info, they are very resourceful and you can go to your local libraries and order tapes. Also possible name of adoption agency..
I'm happy to hear Mom is telling you the truth. Sometimes fear can really hold things back.
I do wish you the best and let us know when you find her....
Be Blessed

Old 11-01-2009, 04:29 PM

21 posts, read 34,770 times
ok anyhow like i said i did a fl search of people with bday 8/15/1991 and pulled matches some matches , what is your guys description how tall hair ect what race

Old 11-01-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionandlamb View Post
Greetings,
My cousin told me the do keep hospital records, I thought they did.
Also try the Mormon Temple in Utah for info, they are very resourceful and you can go to your local libraries and order tapes. Also possible name of adoption agency..
I'm happy to hear Mom is telling you the truth. Sometimes fear can really hold things back.
I do wish you the best and let us know when you find her....
Be Blessed

Thank you...

Both myself and my ex are wanting to find her..... My ex is very angry with her mom on how she handled all of this so she's been as helpful as she can.... like I mentioned earlier her mom kept most everything a secret from her.

I'll find her if it's the last thing I do.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:18 PM

1,830 posts, read 4,770,526 times
You're getting a lot of incorrect advice here. The hospital won't help you. Number one, federal privacy laws prevent them from giving out patient information. Two, they are only required to keep records for 7 years. Three, they would only have patient records, not adoption information.

The birth certificate won't help you, because you already know her birthdate and birth parents, plus the state would seal the original when a new one was issued listing the adoptive parents. The advice about opening records because you didn't sign the bc is incorrect, too. The doctor/witness signs it, not the father, and besides, it was a legal adoption (despite your best efforts to fight for custody).

A birthdate search might work and is worth a try, but that's assuming she never moved out of Broward county, and would require you contact each person asking if she was adopted. (she may not know) Across the whole USA there will be many females with that birthdate. However, off the top of my head, I don't believe Florida has a public birth index, so you're limited to birthdate records established through other public records, such as renting an apartment on her own, landline phone, utilities in her name, credit cards, etc... and she's only 18 and may not have established those types of records yet.

You have no legal right to search through SS numbers (again, privacy laws) and even if you did, it would be of no help since you don't know her adoptive name.

I doubt the ex's mother has any more information than the 2 of you. If it was an open adoption, you'd already know the adoptive parent's names. If it was closed, the names would be kept confidential and she won't know them, either. However, if you can get the adoption agency's name, you can have them put your current information in your daughter's file, with your permission to give it to your daughter if she contacts them looking for you.

You can go to the courthouse and get a copy of the custody trial papers. They should tell you who the court reporter was, and through her you can order a transcript of the hearing. Obviously the adoption agency was mentioned during the trial, because you have a recollection of it. The court papers or the transcript will give you the agency name.

Florida state law allows you (the birth parents) to sign a consent for disclosure and place it in her file. Again, when she searches for you, she will be given your information. Contact the state here:

Florida Adoption Reunion Registry
Florida Department of Health and Rehabilitation Services
2811-E Industrial Plaza Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32301
(850) 353-0679
(800) 962-3678
Web site: www.adoptflorida.com/Reunion-Registry.htm

That link will also tell you how to receive non-identifying information about your daughter. Also, once you get the agency's name, do the same with them.

Another good thing to do in this type of situation is to sign up on the national registry at
Adoption Registry - Records, Reunion Registries, Adoptees, Search, Reunite, Birth Mother, Father, Pa
giving all the facts the 2 of you know, and keeping your contact info current there. If she knows she's adopted, she will eventually search for you, and she will find the registry. Be patient, it could take years, so it's very important you keep your info updated. Give her as many opportunities to find you as possible, signing up wherever you can, and keeping your address/phone number listed in the public phone book.

Put your email in your profile here, and check back here from time to time as well. Read some of the forum threads and you'll see people show up here years after the original post looking for them. Miracles happen all the time.

Trust me, she doesn't hate you. Mainly she's going to want to understand where she came from and who she is, and it will be a huge plus when she finds out you wanted her but it was out of your control. She will search for you - they all do. Make sure she can find you when she does.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
You're getting a lot of incorrect advice here. The hospital won't help you. Number one, federal privacy laws prevent them from giving out patient information. Two, they are only required to keep records for 7 years. Three, they would only have patient records, not adoption information.

The birth certificate won't help you, because you already know her birthdate and birth parents, plus the state would seal the original when a new one was issued listing the adoptive parents. The advice about opening records because you didn't sign the bc is incorrect, too. The doctor/witness signs it, not the father, and besides, it was a legal adoption (despite your best efforts to fight for custody).

A birthdate search might work and is worth a try, but that's assuming she never moved out of Broward county, and would require you contact each person asking if she was adopted. (she may not know) Across the whole USA there will be many females with that birthdate. However, off the top of my head, I don't believe Florida has a public birth index, so you're limited to birthdate records established through other public records, such as renting an apartment on her own, landline phone, utilities in her name, credit cards, etc... and she's only 18 and may not have established those types of records yet.

You have no legal right to search through SS numbers (again, privacy laws) and even if you did, it would be of no help since you don't know her adoptive name.

I doubt the ex's mother has any more information than the 2 of you. If it was an open adoption, you'd already know the adoptive parent's names. If it was closed, the names would be kept confidential and she won't know them, either. However, if you can get the adoption agency's name, you can have them put your current information in your daughter's file, with your permission to give it to your daughter if she contacts them looking for you.

You can go to the courthouse and get a copy of the custody trial papers. They should tell you who the court reporter was, and through her you can order a transcript of the hearing. Obviously the adoption agency was mentioned during the trial, because you have a recollection of it. The court papers or the transcript will give you the agency name.

Florida state law allows you (the birth parents) to sign a consent for disclosure and place it in her file. Again, when she searches for you, she will be given your information. Contact the state here:

Florida Adoption Reunion Registry
Florida Department of Health and Rehabilitation Services
2811-E Industrial Plaza Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32301
(850) 353-0679
(800) 962-3678
Web site: www.adoptflorida.com/Reunion-Registry.htm

That link will also tell you how to receive non-identifying information about your daughter. Also, once you get the agency's name, do the same with them.

Another good thing to do in this type of situation is to sign up on the national registry at
Adoption Registry - Records, Reunion Registries, Adoptees, Search, Reunite, Birth Mother, Father, Pa
giving all the facts the 2 of you know, and keeping your contact info current there. If she knows she's adopted, she will eventually search for you, and she will find the registry. Be patient, it could take years, so it's very important you keep your info updated. Give her as many opportunities to find you as possible, signing up wherever you can, and keeping your address/phone number listed in the public phone book.

Put your email in your profile here, and check back here from time to time as well. Read some of the forum threads and you'll see people show up here years after the original post looking for them. Miracles happen all the time.

Trust me, she doesn't hate you. Mainly she's going to want to understand where she came from and who she is, and it will be a huge plus when she finds out you wanted her but it was out of your control. She will search for you - they all do. Make sure she can find you when she does.
OMG, you sent chills down my spine reading all of this.... You hit the nail right on the head... Everything you said as proven to be true...

Thank you so much for the links and advise.... I greatly appreciate it, you just have no idea how much I do.

It is surely not as simple as the others have said.

Thank you,
Jesse

Old 11-01-2009, 09:52 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,120,472 times
Best post ever by hcgCali. Thank you.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:34 PM

10,736 posts, read 31,795,546 times
Broward county court records are available to request. You can look up the names of the parties involved and then pay a small fee and get the copies. They will redact the names of the adopted parents however it will give you the name of the adoption agency. You request the documents using the case number which you can find sitting at your own computer.

Your best bet is to go to one of the websites that match people up using birthdays and places of birth.

Is your girlfriends Mother still withholding this information? She sounds like a real piece of work.

Its posible that if the adoption agency still exists, they would be willing to pass along a letter to your daughter.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Broward county court records are available to request. You can look up the names of the parties involved and then pay a small fee and get the copies. They will redact the names of the adopted parents however it will give you the name of the adoption agency. You request the documents using the case number which you can find sitting at your own computer.

Your best bet is to go to one of the websites that match people up using birthdays and places of birth.

Is your girlfriends Mother still withholding this information? She sounds like a real piece of work.

Its posible that if the adoption agency still exists, they would be willing to pass along a letter to your daughter.
I have previously posted that I have already exhausted that search lead...
Due to the fact she was a minor at the time of birth the hearing was held in a juvenile type court and subsequently not available for public viewing. Florida law prevents the public display of minor children's info. Her mother also made a huge deal about making sure it was done secretly.

Yeah her mom is a real piece of work...... Still is..... Jenn don't have much to do with her anymore. It's easy for her....her mom constantly travels so she's rarely around....

Last edited by 7th generation; 11-09-2009 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: removed quoted text

Old 03-10-2011, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 792 times
Hello! Could you please give us some information about the child you are looking for: date of birth, place of birth. that might make it easier for people searching thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search