U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 09:19 AM

26 posts, read 53,265 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I had a daughter 8/15/1991 in Bradenton Florida. She was born to a Jennifer Morris who was under 18 at the time.
I believe she was born in Manatee Memorial Hospital.

Jennifer's mom (Theresa Morris) demanded we put her up for adoption and basically took over everything.

I tried to fight the adoption to get custody but the judge allowed the adoption to go through. Custody hearings were held in Broward County courts and went on for three months.

From what I can remember The baby was adopted to a couple in the Broward county area of Florida and if I remember correctly the adoption agency was a religious organization or church and called angel something ministries or something like that....

My Daughter is now 18 and I'd really like to find her...even if she hates me, I just want her to know who her real father is and that I did not want to give her up.

If anyone out there knows where I can find information on her please let me know. I have searched Broward county public records in my name, her name and her mothers name with nothing.... I tried to get birth records from the hospital but it's confidential..... I've tried to track down the adoption agency but I can't remember the correct name of it....

Everything I've tried has just run a dead end..... If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Jesse MacDonald
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 09:52 AM

309 posts, read 1,114,836 times
Default Genealogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessepatty View Post
My girlfriend and I had a daughter 8/15/1991 in Bradenton Florida. She was born to a Jennifer Morris who was under 18 at the time.
I believe she was born in Manatee Memorial Hospital.

Jennifer's mom (Theresa Morris) demanded we put her up for adoption and basically took over everything.

I tried to fight the adoption to get custody but the judge allowed the adoption to go through. Custody hearings were held in Broward County courts and went on for three months.

From what I can remember The baby was adopted to a couple in the Broward county area of Florida and if I remember correctly the adoption agency was a religious organization or church and called angel something ministries or something like that....

My Daughter is now 18 and I'd really like to find her...even if she hates me, I just want her to know who her real father is and that I did not want to give her up.

If anyone out there knows where I can find information on her please let me know. I have searched Broward county public records in my name, her name and her mothers name with nothing.... I tried to get birth records from the hospital but it's confidential..... I've tried to track down the adoption agency but I can't remember the correct name of it....

Everything I've tried has just run a dead end..... If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Jesse MacDonald
Jesse,
I have done genealogy for years, this is one of the ways to find someone and it can be for free.

Type in your search engine MacDonald family genealgoy,leave a message there and your contact info. Have you tried to search in the states around FL.? Have you contacted the Mother? Your daughter has Grandparents, do you know where they are? If there deceased - get there obituaries and follow up on all of the family names listed in it. Do you have any pictures of her? Post them everywhere, someone will see them and reconize them or your daughter your self. She may be looking for you, one thing I do know adopted children for the most part are curious, and who knows what they have been told.
Have you contacted any talk shows on tv? Ask them to help you..
Have you spoke with a private investigator? A Lawyer to unlock those records, to at least for them to give her the message your looking for her.

I Pray this works for you.........
Be Blessed

Old 11-01-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionandlamb View Post
Jesse,
I have done genealogy for years, this is one of the ways to find someone and it can be for free.

Type in your search engine MacDonald family genealgoy,leave a message there and your contact info. Have you tried to search in the states around FL.? Have you contacted the Mother? Your daughter has Grandparents, do you know where they are? If there deceased - get there obituaries and follow up on all of the family names listed in it. Do you have any pictures of her? Post them everywhere, someone will see them and reconize them or your daughter your self. She may be looking for you, one thing I do know adopted children for the most part are curious, and who knows what they have been told.
Have you contacted any talk shows on tv? Ask them to help you..
Have you spoke with a private investigator? A Lawyer to unlock those records, to at least for them to give her the message your looking for her.

I Pray this works for you.........
Be Blessed
I have tried allot of what you've suggested with no luck, even talking to the mother (my ex-girlfriend) and she tells me her mom wouldn't tell her anything when it was all going on....She kept everything a secret until it was time to do something.....

I can't afford any huge expense so I've been trying to avoid hiring anyone...

I'll keep looking around....I'm sure she's out there somewhere.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:44 PM

Default You"ll find her

Quote:
I have tried allot of what you've suggested with no luck, even talking to the mother (my ex-girlfriend) and she tells me her mom wouldn't tell her anything when it was all going on....She kept everything a secret until it was time to do something.....

I can't afford any huge expense so I've been trying to avoid hiring anyone...

I'll keep looking around....I'm sure she's out there somewhere.
Greetings,

Well there is a source for you.. The Grandmother.... Wonder if she had any relationship with the child? Does'nt the mother want to find her child? She could put pressure on her Mother... Something doesn't sound right here.
I have heard there is online sources of adoptive families that post looking for lost loved ones. It is free. I also wonder if they applied for a social security number for this child before adoption?
Be Blessed

Old 11-01-2009, 02:49 PM

21 posts, read 34,760 times
I just tried something i try every once in a while where i search voter records through one of my databases by birthdate I did find a match for someone with that bday in broward county. I was wondering if your daugter was named if you knew her first name or anything else at all

Old 11-01-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Greetings,

Well there is a source for you.. The Grandmother.... Wonder if she had any relationship with the child? Does'nt the mother want to find her child? She could put pressure on her Mother... Something doesn't sound right here.
I have heard there is online sources of adoptive families that post looking for lost loved ones. It is free. I also wonder if they applied for a social security number for this child before adoption?
Be Blessed
I appreciate the idea's....

The Grandmother and my ex have no relationship anymore....she moved to New Jersey several years back and in her mind there never was a pregnancy...she basically wants no part of any discussion on the matter.

The Child was placed with the adoptive parents the day of delivery. Neither my ex nor her mother had any interaction with the child following delivery... Another words the new parents got her at one day old so I seriously doubt that they applied for a S.S. card and even so, the new parents most likely changed her name so without that I have very little...
My ex thinks her mom had information sealed or something like that...I don't know what she could have done.

I do know that I am listed on the birth certificate...My ex and I had to sign paperwork stating I am the natural father.

I'm still looking around the net and so far everything I run across costs quite a bit of money..... if you know of a specific site I can go that is inexpensive let me know.

Thanks

Old 11-01-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnlocator View Post
I just tried something i try every once in a while where i search voter records through one of my databases by birthdate I did find a match for someone with that bday in broward county. I was wondering if your daugter was named if you knew her first name or anything else at all

I named her myself but it was not used at birth, her mother would not allow me to be there at birth so I do not know the name given by the new parents. My ex's name was Jennifer Morris....

My daughter would have just turned 18 last August....

Old 11-01-2009, 03:41 PM

Default Ss#

Quote:
I appreciate the idea's....

The Grandmother and my ex have no relationship anymore....she moved to New Jersey several years back and in her mind there never was a pregnancy...she basically wants no part of any discussion on the matter.

The Child was placed with the adoptive parents the day of delivery. Neither my ex nor her mother had any interaction with the child following delivery... Another words the new parents got her at one day old so I seriously doubt that they applied for a S.S. card and even so, the new parents most likely changed her name so without that I have very little...
My ex thinks her mom had information sealed or something like that...I don't know what she could have done.

I do know that I am listed on the birth certificate...My ex and I had to sign paperwork stating I am the natural father.

I'm still looking around the net and so far everything I run across costs quite a bit of money..... if you know of a specific site I can go that is inexpensive let me know.

Thanks

Greetings,
The yr your dau was born it was a law to have a SS# right away in most states, and if you didn't sign permisson to wipe your name off the birth cert.
that is grounds to file with the court to open records. Law books are very easy to read and will help draft the paper work your self. It is work but it's free. See if there is a law library somewhere. Also do they have tv or radio lawyers in Fl to call and get free legal advice?
The Grandmother I would be plastering her name all over the place in NJ, till she speaks the truth. She had no right to hold back a child from her fau, it should be the ch/fau decision if they want to contact each other. Your in a place where sometimes bein nice isn't always the way to handle things. Are you sure the Mother is telling u the truth? If this was my child - the more the public knows - the more doors can open..
Can you find who the delivery Dr. and nurses who worked there at the time?
The hospital no matter what has records of that birth.. its in archives.
At least one thing your dau will see the love you have for her..
Be Blessed and dont give up

Old 11-01-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Greetings,
The yr your dau was born it was a law to have a SS# right away in most states, and if you didn't sign permisson to wipe your name off the birth cert.
that is grounds to file with the court to open records. Law books are very easy to read and will help draft the paper work your self. It is work but it's free. See if there is a law library somewhere. Also do they have tv or radio lawyers in Fl to call and get free legal advice?
The Grandmother I would be plastering her name all over the place in NJ, till she speaks the truth. She had no right to hold back a child from her fau, it should be the ch/fau decision if they want to contact each other. Your in a place where sometimes bein nice isn't always the way to handle things. Are you sure the Mother is telling u the truth? If this was my child - the more the public knows - the more doors can open..
Can you find who the delivery Dr. and nurses who worked there at the time?
The hospital no matter what has records of that birth.. its in archives.
At least one thing your dau will see the love you have for her..
Be Blessed and dont give up
Your correct, it is law to obtain a S.S. card immediately after birth but it is up to the parents to apply for it with the office of vital statics.... The adoptive parents would have done this when the baby was allowed to leave a few days after birth..... Again, my ex had no contact with the to baby after she delivered it.

Actually I am chatting with my ex via Facebook as I type this and I have known this girl for 20+ years now.... She's telling me everything.

I'm going to go and try the hospital again and see if I can get something.....

Old 11-01-2009, 04:19 PM

21 posts, read 34,760 times
if you signed birth certificate do you have a copy what name did it have on it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search