Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:36 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,348,325 times

Advertisements

Found the address, but it's from 2002 and doesn't come up on the whitepages sites, so he may have moved or may have changed to an unlisted number.

JEREMY M HOOVER
3572 VOA RD
WASHINGTON, NC 27889
(252) 948-0849

Ok, a reverse-seach shows it as an unlisted number. Reverse address search shows a Shelby Beacham. Back to the drawing board.

My eyes are getting tired. Tomorrow I'll see if I can find any of the Bradley relatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 10:26 PM

12 posts, read 19,809 times
Thank you for all of your help! Raquel did know my husband's full name & knew his occupation, & she has my full name & knew where we used to live. She even knew the first, middle, and last name that we gave the baby. She could easily find our daughter on Facebook. We still live in the same metropolitan area so if she ever wanted to find us, it would be really easy. If you do a search for my husband, not even knowing where in the US he is located, his name and business comes up at the top of the list. However, maybe Raquel's scared, or maybe she didn't write the info down either and now she's forgotten everyone's name. However, I don't think she would have forgotten Rachel's name. I just hope that if I never find Raquel, she will reach out and contact Rachel through Facebook or Twitter. It would be so easy to do.

I know it is possible that Raquel may not have told the people currently in her life about the birth of Rachel, and because of that I won't tell anyone other than Raquel or Doug & Elaine McFarland the true reason why I'm calling. I've met, talked, and hugged all three of these people. They are all very nice, and I look forward to a great conversation. However, I'm prepared that there is a possibility that it may not go as I'd like. Thanks again!

Old 11-11-2009, 02:46 AM

I have been up all night looking through the adoption papers, and I discovered something! I read where the birth father was from Incline, Utah. I was never able to read the word Incline before because it was a very poor copy, and there were faint & missing letters. But since you found a Rachel Bradley from Incline High School at Classmates.com, I'm going to assume this is the Raquel we are looking for. There is hope she will read my e-mail that I sent her through Classmates.com. Just in case you are thinking whether I know the name of the birth father, the answer is no, unfortunately.

I also saw the name of the Utah attorney who facilitated the adoption. His name was Lynn C. McMurray. I tried to track him down last year because Elaine McFarland was his secretary. This is how Raquel and her family learned our names and address. We didn't know that we were sending identifying info to the attorney's secretary who we later learned was our birth mother's aunt. Unfortunately, he is no longer practicing.

I also read in my notes that the name of Raquel's mother was Joann. I'm not sure of the correct spelling because it was what I wrote down after I met her. She was either separated from Raquel's father or in the process of getting a divorce when Rachel was born. I remember she said she was living with different relatives for a period at a time. So it would be hard to try to track her down.

Do you know of any way that Doug McFarland can be tracked down through the military? I also have a list of Lutheran Churches in Sandy, Utah that I'm going to call to see if they remember Doug & Elaine McFarland. They attended a Lutheran church at the time they were living in Sandy. Maybe I'll get lucky and the church secretary will know them and will give me some info.

I really appreciate your help. You are really encouraging me to be very active in my search. Thanks!

Old 11-12-2009, 04:50 PM

I found Raquel!!!!! We haven't talked yet, but I have her current phone number. You had told me that Raquel was on Classmates.com. I sent her a message on that site with no response, so I contacted other random classmates from her graduating class. One of them knew her and gave me her current phone number. I called the number, and I thought at first I was hearing my daughter's voice. I couldn't believe it! I know I have the right Raquel. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me so much info, and one bit of it was the key. You also inspired me to keep searching. Thank you! Thank you! My daughter is so very excited! May the Lord richly bless you!
Ever grateful,
Hugabug

Old 11-12-2009, 05:23 PM

260 posts, read 946,745 times
Hugabug...let us know how things go after you talk to Raquel.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:44 PM

Thank you for your interest. I'm trying to decide whether to call her again tonight or to sleep. I've pretty much done nothing but sit at the computer and search for the last 2 1/2 days, and I got about 3 hours of sleep each night. Yet, I feel like I want to follow through with a phone call tonight. I'm sure the adrenaline will keep me alert. I won't post the details of our conversation on this site, but I'll post whether it was positive or negative. I'm sure it will be good though. I've got nothing but good news to share with Raquel, and Raquel and the members of her family we met 20 years ago all seemed so nice. I feel like I'll be contacting old friends. I look forward to a really nice conversation.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:54 PM

260 posts, read 946,745 times
I'm glad that everything seems to be working out...I wasn't asking for details..LOL...It just give us all hope to keep searching when we hear the stories with a happy ending. If I was you, I would call again tonight, LMAO...but that is just me...an eager beaver...I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't call her.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:11 PM

I just noticed you are looking for your husband's birth family. Wow! Your job is really hard since you have no names to track down. Have you tried ancestry.com? It was from this website that I verified that I had found Raquel's sister as well. Another website that I searched on and posted info for Raquel to read in case she was looking for Rachel was Home of The Adoption Database and Adoption Registry. It's free to post info on this site. I signed up last year, but nothing came from it. However, many people find birth families through this site. My heart goes out to you. Hopefully, someone will give you that key that will open the right doors. As for me, I may try calling again in 50 minutes and counting!

Old 11-12-2009, 06:30 PM

Hi, I think you should start a new post where you have your husband's full name in the title. You could say something like - "Desperately searching for ___________'s birth family. Can anyone help?" That would get people's attention. I really believe that someone out there has the info that you need. You just have to get them to read your post.

Moderator cut: please do not discuss moderation on the forum, if you have any questions, contact a moderator

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-12-2009 at 08:54 PM..

Old 11-13-2009, 12:32 AM

I talked with Raquel! Everything went awesomely well! She said it was a blessing to her that I called. We talked about our lives just as if we were old friends. She said that she has thought about and prayed for Rachel, my husband, & I every day for the last 20 years and has kept Rachel's baby picture by her bed. She also added that she had such peace about her adoption decision. We are now going to take things slowly, but our goal will be for all of us to meet some time in the future. I learned that Rachel's birth father wants to meet her as well. I knew Rachel had a 1/2 brother, but I learned that Rachel's birth father has a daughter. So that means that Rachel also has a 1/2 sister. Rachel is feeling very peaceful about everything and looks forward to meeting all of them. For right now, we will keep in touch through e-mail. Wow! Last week I wasn't even looking for our daughter's birth family. This week I found them. This has been an emotional whirlwind, and it's all good!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search