U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 06:14 AM

1 posts, read 3,545 times

Advertisements

I just found out I have a half sister. Her birth name would be Carol Grasso, born in Buffalo, New York around the years of 1944-46, give or take a few. Our father's name is Vincent. I do not know her mother's name. My grandparents Thomas & Lucretia Grasso, also from Buffalo, took care of her until they passed. We had aunts names Maimi Grasso Martino, and Kerry. Please email me if you know anything, I am desperately trying to find her.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 04:17 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,036,941 times
Saw this...but the link was broken

Carosi, Jeanne ~ Of Williamsville, (NY) entered into rest June 26, 2009, beloved wife of the late ... loving daughter of the late Joseph and Mamie (nee Grasso) Martino.

She was 73. Born 1936. She would have been about 8-10 when your sister was born.

I believe this to be her son.

Joseph F. Carosi
49 Southwind Trl
Buffalo, NY 14221
(716) 636-0555

Perhaps they know something.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,328 times
This is interesting, I'm doing a geneology search for my great grandmother and find my cousin Joey's information on the internet. My great grandmother was Lucretia but her husband's name was Gaetano not Thomas (unless he went by Thomas), he passed away before I was born. Your aunt Carrie was my grandmother who passed away in December of 2008. You might want to try finding Ricky Martino, the brother of Jeanne Carosi.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:06 AM

2 posts, read 6,100 times
suzze777, I am also looking for Carol Grasso from the other side (daughter of Vincent Grasso of Buffalo) Age would be about correct. I am tracing descendants of my great great grandparents Ignazio and Rosa Pizzo. She would be a great granddaughter, and grand daughter of Giacomo "Jack" Pizza, Her mother was Giuseppa known as Terry Coangelo. Her maiden name is Pizza. Carol is my dad's second cousin. One of her first cousin's told me that Vincent was awarded custody and she doesn't think the family had any contact

Old 08-08-2010, 09:37 AM

2 posts, read 6,100 times
Amyhon2000, Gaetano is Thomas, so you have the same people. One thing I have learned in my search was the English Equivalents were used everyday even when the birth names were Italian. My grandfather was listed in the 1930 census as Pietro, but he always went as Peter as I knew him. Also for about every male Italian name ending in "o" there is a corresponding name ending "a". So, in my tree going way back there are Pietra's and Gaetana's as well as Pietro's and and Gaetano's. We all know Mario and Maria. Forgive me if you know these but here are some I found:
Caterina - Catherine
Gaetano/a - Thomas/Thomasina
Salvatore - Sam
Giovanni - John
Giacomo - James (equiv) , but often shortened to Jack
Ignazio - Ignatius
Antonino/a - Anthony/ Antoinette, Lena, Nina, Nettie
Giuseppe/a - Joseph/Josephine (also Giuseppina)
Giudo - Guy
There are others I might know but it might clear up some other confusions.

One of my biggest finds this way was when I looked up my Great grandmother on EllisIsland.org. The actual manifest sheet (1910)said her closest US relative was father Ignazio Pizzo who I didn't know of. His record said he was going to meet son James. I found his record on a big Italian tree from Bellanti.org (worth looking at if looking for Sicilian ancestry). He didn't have a son James, so I googled James in Italian and Giacomo showed up and there he was. My Great Aunt listed all her uncles names and they were there except him who she called Jack. That connected my grandma into the huge tree going back to the late 1600's. Same tree by the way my grandfather was directly in They had common 6th great grandparents so were 5th cousins. When Italian's they say were all related they're not kidding. Enjoy your search, mine has been amazing

Old 08-10-2010, 07:42 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,160,052 times
The original poster (suzze777) only posted one time, back in November, but if you do a regular google search of that username, you will see there is an email address for her.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:57 AM

43,012 posts, read 92,254,680 times
Also, if you send a direct message through the forum, the forum software will likely send an email to the email account she used to create this username.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,081 times
I'm looking for my half-sister that my dad wouldn't tell me anything about her. I don't have any information or anything the only thing that I know is that she was born in New York or Massachusetts in the years 1978-1980. Also that she is Dominican.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:06 PM

4,130 posts, read 13,303,291 times
Macy, please start your own thread and at least give her name or other identifying info (her mother's etc), there's many girl babies born in NY or MA during 78-80, need a ton more info to even start, if what you gave is all you had, you need to talk to your father again and try to reason w/ him, if he doesn't come thru he may have reasons but it w/b difficult (at best) to go any further.

Old 06-09-2018, 03:34 AM

2 posts, read 555 times
Default Trying to locate my younger Half sister

I'm looking for my half sister. My dad believes she was born in 85 sometime. She was born anywhere after 1983 and before 1993. Is there a way to look up by our mutual father on some kind of site on who is listed on our bc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search