U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 04:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,186 times

Advertisements

hello everyone i am new at this so forgive my mistake. I've been doing family research in the greenville south carolina area, and alot of my family reside around the paris mountain area to laurens and union bleachery area and attended the only black schools there, one school i'm having a problem locating it was call sterling high school. My family name of the mid 1800's was Thomas edding or eddins he was a solider in the civil war and married to a young lady by the name of sharlott or charlott they had several children and one by the name of crosby or caswell, warswell and crosseville eddings the census people in those days has a misspelling of most my family names with each census that was taken. The last census i have of my great, great, great, greatfather is 1930 and he was 66 years old and living with his daughter lela eddings hawthorne and her family of a husbande ewin and 2 sons Thomas and James, if there is anyone that can help me located my kin there dead or alive i would be very oblige.
Thank you Lisa Clark Boggs 731-213-2170 or 731-220-6202 or 570 Timothy Drive Camden, Tenn. 38320
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 06:11 AM

1 posts, read 782 times
DON'T EVER POST YOUR PHONE NUMBER ON A MESSAGEBOARD. If anything put an email contact.

Old 11-14-2009, 10:08 AM

383 posts, read 717,833 times
Sterling High School Marker

Here is a link to a site that tells about Sterling High which burned to the ground in 1967 except for the gymnasium and dissolved in 1970 when Greenville County schools were integrated.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:02 PM

511 posts, read 1,346,254 times
Default Greenville

You might want to get a copy of the book Greenville's Heritage by Judith T. Bainbridge. She is a professor of English at Furman University. She is an avid historic preservationist who has extensively researched locall history authored books on the West End of Greenville. If you can't locate a copy, let me know and I will see how much she ask for them and if I can get you a copy. I was lucky enough that she gave one to my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. There are a lot of old family names mentioned in it as well as Sterling High School.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search