Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2006, 03:10 AM

3 posts, read 28,724 times

Advertisements

HI, I AM FROM THE UK AND THIS IS MY FIRST POST, I AM TRYING TO LOCATE/FIND SOMEBODY AND NEED SOME ADVISE ON HOW TO DO IT, THEY ARE FROM HOUGHTON, MI.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME HELP?!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2006, 03:53 AM

Default please help

can someone please help me to tell me the best way to try locate someone.
i have a friend in houghton, mi but we lost contact and want to find her again.

i have a very old address and her name obviously but need some advise.

thankyou

Old 07-25-2006, 06:06 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,154,604 times
Churches, schools, universities, professional organizations, property tax records, google her name + relevant terms, ad/search in the local paper, craigslist, organizations for any hobbies or activities she may have been involved in, online white pages phone book, email search engines...
Off the top of my head, those are all ways to search online for someone if you have their name and where they live. Houghton isn't large, if she is anywhere in the area it will be easy to find her unless she's trying not to be found.

Hope that helps.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:26 AM

thankyou very much for your help, i know her name and am trying colleges and websites. she was a pen pal of mine for a good number of years and just lost contact.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:14 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,154,604 times
Good luck, I hope you're able to track her down!

Old 08-10-2006, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 9,567 times
Default Good Luck!

Hello, I am from Michigan, and lived all over the state. I've been to Houghton, MI several times. Houghton is in the Upper penninsula of Michigan up near Lake Superior, but I wanted you to know that there is also a town called Houghton Lake in Michigan. It is in the northern half of Michigan's Lower Penninsula. If you are sure they are from Houghton, MI, well, it's not that big of a town, so I think you might have good luck. Houghton Lake isn't all that big either, but they pretty far from each other.

Here is the website for Houghton, MI http://www.cityofhoughton.com/ There might be someone to email that could look up the person in a local phone book or something. People who live up there are extremely nice, friendly and helpful people. I bet if you asked real nicely, someone would be willing to go out of their way to help you out. Also, I would try to search for your friend in the "white pages" of link removed. I've had good luck with that. If you think of anyother questions, I'd be happy to help you find your friend!

Last edited by Yac; 08-10-2006 at 12:59 PM..

Old 10-29-2007, 05:49 PM

6 posts, read 35,500 times
I worked in Houghton for 14 yrs. still have a residence there . Send me a name maybe I can help you out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search