Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 08:18 PM

6 posts, read 8,257 times

Advertisements

When I was 7 my father sent me to live with my aunt and uncle so I wouldn't grow up in a home where my parents were constantly fighting. A few months after I moved in with my aunt and uncle my father told me that my mother had died. I suppose telling you're 7 year old daughter this would be a hard thing to do so he put it off as long as he could. Because of this I missed the funeral and whatever else was involved. Not being able to say goodbye has caused me many problems growing up and I have the suspision that she never actually died.

I have been searching for the past 4 years to find an obituary or anything to show me that she did, in fact, die and to help me move on. When I ask family members questions about her death I get many different contradicting answers that eventually leave me back where I started--with nothing. I've tried searching almost every search engine there is to find loved ones, every obituary search page, even the social security death index pages...even the missing persons pages. I'm looking to either find something to show me that she's dead or her family to get in touch with.

Below is everything I know and can remember from when I was little:

My mothers name (as it is on my birth certificate) is Virginia Claudette Allen Holloway. (Allen is her maiden name...Holloway was her married name--she was married before she met my father, Samuel Haddock). I'm not sure if she still used Holloway as her last name or if she reverted back to Allen. She was born on December 2, 1963 and "died" sometime in 1998. When I was born (1991) we lived in Durham, NC on Yancy Street but moved to New Bern, NC a few years later. From here on out is a little fuzzy...I'm not sure where she was living when she 'died' but I was told she was somewhere in Tennessee (I don't know if this is true or not) and her ashes (she was cremated) were spread in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

I don't remember much about her family but I do remember a tiny bit. My mother was the youngest of 5 or 6 daughters. She had a sister named Tammy. I *think* Tammy lived in North Carolina but, again, I'm not sure. Tammy was married but her husband died of a heart attack. She had two children, a little girl named Mary and a little boy (whose name I cannot remember). My mother also had another sister nammed Terry (I called her TJ for short) who died also. I also had an aunt (my mothers sister) who I called "Aunt Sam"--maybe her name was Samantha? Anyways, this "Aunt Sam" had a son whose name was Matthew, I believe.

I'm sorry this post is so long but I've tried for so long to find her family that I don't want to take the chance of leaving anything out that might ring a bell in someones mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 06:09 PM

1,724 posts, read 2,493,640 times
If she had sisters name Beverley and Sonia Allen and her Mother was Elaine Allen check out the link below.

Wendy Thornton: For Sonia

If you think it's her than the address and phone number below is for Dr. Beverley Allen

12128 North Division Street
Spokane, WA 99218
(509) 481-5007

Bill

Old 11-20-2009, 07:10 PM

6 posts, read 8,257 times
Thank you so much! This is the first and only thing I've found of anyone named "Virginia Claudette Allen" ever, anywhere on the internet. I don't remember the name of her sisters (other than Tammy and Terry) or her mother but I do know that my mother was the youngest of all the daughters born to her mother. This being said, Sonia was 44 (in 2007--the time of the post; when she passed), my mother is/would be 46 now (44 in 2007) so I'm not entirely sure if this would be her. It's definately worth a shot though and I plan to write Dr. Beverley Allen with my story and hope and pray for some sort of response. Even if it is a dead end, at least I will be able to say I tried. Thanks again, you have no idea what this means to me.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:02 PM

1,724 posts, read 2,493,640 times
I found this info on Find a grave under Ginny Allen. Same birth year as your Mother. Death year is 2,000
The link below will bring you to it.If you think it's her you might want to email the woman who created it (Eldora Sasser) This is her email address. DORA21010@aol.com
Link
GInny Allen (1963 - 2000) - Find A Grave Memorial&

Old 11-24-2009, 06:23 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,350,407 times
If she did in fact die in Tennessee, you, as her next of kin, can request a copy of the death certificate. Tennessee Department of Health: Vital Records If the Dept of Health tells you they don't have anything on file for her, you'll have something concrete to present to your father and ask for the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search