U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,206 times

Advertisements

Hello I was wondering if anybody here could help me find my father. I am 37 years old and I have been searching for him on and off since i was about 18 with no luck.
here is the story My mom had me when she was 20 years old I was born on feb 27 1972 at temple university hospital in philadelpia pa. On my original birth cirtificate my name was John Walter Osborne. My Mom and dad were never married anyways when i was about 4. they had broken up and went there own ways. My mom had my name changed to John Walter Garman in 1976. My father had tried to contact me on the phone until i was about 8 years old after my mother told him she didnt want him to have anything to do with me he gave up.
The only info I have on him is his full name is John Joseph Osborne Jr
he is about 62 years old his birth month and day is march 28 or 29th. He was born in Philadelphia.
he has a sister name Lorraine which wasnt married at the time my mother knew her. She has 2 kids which are my cousins. My father had a daughter from a previous relationship. I dont know her name . my fathers mom and dad names were John joseph osborne and joan osborne, they used to live on mascher st in philadelphia My fathers best friend name was george toaster. If I cant locate my father I would atleast like to meet my sister and possible other brothers or sisters. Thats all the info I have from my mother. Any help would be very much appriciated and would change my life. I have 2 kids and a wife I would like my fater to meet. My email is garmanjohn@hotmail.com If you need more info I will try
Thank you very much
John

Old 11-27-2009, 01:03 PM

842 posts, read 1,981,297 times
I am really sorry to have to tell you this.
JOHN OSBORNE
Born: 29 Mar 1948
Died: Oct 1987
Last Residence: 19134 (Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA)
Place SS# issued: Pennsylvania
You can find it on the Rootsweb site.
Social Security Death Index Interactive Search
Given the date of birth, it appears to be the right person. Perhaps you can get his obituary for more information on survivors, like siblings names. You could contact the Philadelphia Public Library and see if they will help you or contact the local papers there to see if they have an obit.
If you go here:
http://www.raogk.org/pennsylv5.htm
You can request a volunteer look up an obit for free for you.

Last edited by Susan13202; 11-27-2009 at 01:13 PM..

Old 12-14-2009, 05:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,206 times
Just to update the status. I found my siblings thanks to Susan. This post can be removed and I thankyou for allowing me to use this site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search