U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:42 PM

42 posts, read 66,518 times

Advertisements

Best of luck to you. I wish I had that much info on my Father or my brothers and sister. Don't give up!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 02:16 PM

50 posts, read 108,044 times
Just an update................in my search I have recently discovered a man who worked with my Dad in Manitoba. Very early stages yet as I have not yet said I am looking for a half brother. A soft approach is where I am at the moment. I will give another update if I know any more.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:27 PM
cla

898 posts, read 2,956,950 times
Have you registered/searched here?

Canadian Adoptees Registry Inc. ? Start Adoption Reunion Search

Old 02-07-2012, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cla View Post
Thank you for that information, I will look into it.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:21 AM

My search has now brought me to a place called Outlook Sasktoon in Canada.
My Father was said to have worked there for a while, Outlook may be the place that has never been mentioned to us, I know he worked outside our Town for some months. Has anyone any info about Outlook ? I have Googled about it and came up with the usual info.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:12 PM

585 posts, read 1,225,678 times
Hi Joaniebabyuk,

Check with Vitalstatistics Manitoba in Winnipeg, they have all the births and deaths and name changes records.

Good luck !

Old 02-11-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird100 View Post
Hi Joaniebabyuk,

Check with Vitalstatistics Manitoba in Winnipeg, they have all the births and deaths and name changes records.

Good luck !
Thank you so much. I have read through the pages and will re-read it again, it may be that I cannot ask about my Father's name on a birth cert without more informantion about the person I am looking for re: the boy child.
It would be easy if I could just ask was my Father's name registered to a child born most likely in 1961 !

I know my own birth registration is in Winnipeg. I sent for my birth cert from there many years ago.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:56 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,116,810 times
please keep trying. You are working so hard at this and I hope your search will be successful. Also, I appreciate your keeping up with this thread. Something good will happen, I just know it. It won't let me rep you again....LOL.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:05 PM

585 posts, read 1,225,678 times
Hi Joaniebabyuk,

There are still restrictions for birth records less than 100 yrs old, so that might be a problem and you will have to have a written consent from the other party which you don't even know his name.

Please see Vital Statistics Manitoba.
Genealogy | Manitoba Vital Statistics Agency | Province of Manitoba

Good Luck !

Quote:
Effective January 1, 2003, The Vital Statistics Act was proclaimed providing unrestricted access to some records.

Restrictions will still apply for the following records:

Births less than 100 years ago
Marriages less than 80 years ago
Deaths less than 70 years ago

If either the party concerned or the immediate next of kin (spouse, children, parents, or siblings) are living, written proof of their consent to release the requested information is to be attached to the application.

Fees

The fee for each search and document is $25.00. The fee is payable by cheque or money order to the "Minister of Finance" or by credit card.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird100 View Post
Hi Joaniebabyuk,

There are still restrictions for birth records less than 100 yrs old, so that might be a problem and you will have to have a written consent from the other party which you don't even know his name.

Please see Vital Statistics Manitoba.
Genealogy | Manitoba Vital Statistics Agency | Province of Manitoba

Good Luck !

Quote:
Effective January 1, 2003, The Vital Statistics Act was proclaimed providing unrestricted access to some records.

Restrictions will still apply for the following records:

Births less than 100 years ago
Marriages less than 80 years ago
Deaths less than 70 years ago

If either the party concerned or the immediate next of kin (spouse, children, parents, or siblings) are living, written proof of their consent to release the requested information is to be attached to the application.

Fees

The fee for each search and document is $25.00. The fee is payable by cheque or money order to the "Minister of Finance" or by credit card.
Thank you.............that also applies where I live in England too, re the 100 year rule. It is a silly rule in some cases ( like mine ! ) Special people on this site, you work hard at looking for info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search