U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 08:28 PM

585 posts, read 1,230,198 times

Advertisements

Winnipeg is not that big, only half a million people nowadays, it's even smaller in 1960; The Pas was even smaller during the 60's.

I was wondering if churches had any records !?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 08:31 PM

585 posts, read 1,230,198 times
Here's a list of churches in Winnipeg with their phone numbers.

Find Local Churches in Winnipeg, MB | YellowPages.ca™

Good luck !

Old 07-22-2012, 11:55 AM

50 posts, read 108,197 times
I have information of a baby boy being born in The Pas Manitoba. Date of birth March 7th 1961. The baby was adopted. No Mother's name, no Father's name. Any suggestions ???

Old 07-22-2012, 12:35 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,264,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaniebabyuk View Post
I have information of a baby boy being born in The Pas Manitoba. Date of birth March 7th 1961. The baby was adopted. No Mother's name, no Father's name. Any suggestions ???
maybe this?

Jacob 1961 Mar 07 The Pas MB* Fostered for sibling

LINKS Post-Legal Adoption Support Group.html

Old 07-23-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
maybe this?

Jacob 1961 Mar 07 The Pas MB* Fostered for sibling

LINKS Post-Legal Adoption Support Group.html
Thank you so much. I clicked on the link and it is mind blowing, trying to get my head around what I actually should be doing ! I live in England and from what I have read, the search fields may just be for Canada and America. Any idea what "Fostered for Sibling" means ? Is Jacob the name of the male born in The Pas in that year ? I have bee searching for 8 years, nothing is ever easy. Thank you again, hopefully you will reply.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much. I clicked on the link and it is mind blowing, trying to get my head around what I actually should be doing ! I live in England and from what I have read, the search fields may just be for Canada and America. Any idea what "Fostered for Sibling" means ? Is Jacob the name of the male born in The Pas in that year ? I have bee searching for 8 years, nothing is ever easy. Thank you again, hopefully you will reply.
i think it means it was their siblings child that somebody was fostering. no clue if jacob would be the first or last name.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
i think it means it was their siblings child that somebody was fostering. no clue if jacob would be the first or last name.
Again, thank you, I will work on this.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Again, thank you, I will work on this.
I have new information !!!! A source who knew my Dad all those years ago confirmed a baby boy was born to my Father, the source is sure it was that date ! BUT he does not know the Mother's name. Complicated. The baby was most likely FOSTERED out to relatives of the Mum. I am working now on finding the name of the Mother and maybe get a bit closer to finding him ...............do you think I have worked hard on this ? you Betcha.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I have new information !!!! A source who knew my Dad all those years ago confirmed a baby boy was born to my Father, the source is sure it was that date ! BUT he does not know the Mother's name. Complicated. The baby was most likely FOSTERED out to relatives of the Mum. I am working now on finding the name of the Mother and maybe get a bit closer to finding him ...............do you think I have worked hard on this ? you Betcha.
great! almost there!

Old 08-17-2012, 04:13 AM

My first information was that the baby may had been fostered out. That informantion has now changed for the better. The Mother of the baby had two older kids. Anthony and Nancy. I have not been told the first or last name of the Mother yet. The source who told me the latest information is trying to remember the names, it all happened 50 years ago and hopefully my source will remember. This source said the woman, two kids and the baby lived in the Town for a number of years after the baby was born.
One other person who knew my Father then, has confirmed that he knew about the baby too. He does not know the woman's name either but also confirmed there were two older kids. How frustrating !
My searching is still on. It's getting better though, at least more than one person knew about the baby.
If the baby was fostered/adopted that is another setback for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search