U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 12:26 PM

50 posts, read 107,991 times

Advertisements

I have worked very hard on the information given to me..............some of it was false, to put me off the trail. I sorted the truth from the ruse to put me off.
In my long search I have not taken on board everything I am told as being the truth until I search deeper into the information.
I have found out who the Mother is. She and other's will not give me any information.
It looks like the baby I am looking for was adopted. I have other avenues to look into before I ask how to look for an adopted baby, even if I have no name for the baby. It was confirmed that a baby was born in 1961 and my Dad was the Bio father. I already knew that 50 years ago, I just had to make certain. I will carry one with my search, even though a little bit dispondent. No doubt I will ask for more help on this wonderful site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 01:09 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,836,702 times
Thanks for coming back to give the forum any updates.

I was on the rewarding end of an adoption search, so I know your's has been long and hard.

Hopefully, the people helping you now, or in the future, can bring your search to the happy ending you deserve.

Good luck on it.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Thanks for coming back to give the forum any updates.

I was on the rewarding end of an adoption search, so I know your's has been long and hard.

Hopefully, the people helping you now, or in the future, can bring your search to the happy ending you deserve.

Good luck on it.
Thank you for your reply.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:57 AM

2,441 posts, read 5,368,684 times
I am by no means an expert like many of the others on here... but I had a thought.

I don't know what information you were told that was true or false, but this was my line of thought:

If there were two kids (Anthony and Nancy), and they were in an area for a number of years, wouldn't they have gone to school in that location?

Don't most schools keep old records of classes (maybe not a yearbook, but class photos with names)?

If so, can't you (or maybe friends you're in touch with still there) look through old pictures for an "Anthony" and "Nancy" with the same last name (even if in different grades, there shouldn't be that many years between them)?

That should give you a last name to go off of, shouldn't it? And if the mother isn't willing to give you the information, they may be more receptive since it should be a half-sibling of theirs as well.

Of course, this is all moot if those names were part of what was given just to throw you off the search. Just trying to throw another idea out. Good luck with the search!

Old 09-07-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
I am by no means an expert like many of the others on here... but I had a thought.

I don't know what information you were told that was true or false, but this was my line of thought:

If there were two kids (Anthony and Nancy), and they were in an area for a number of years, wouldn't they have gone to school in that location?

Don't most schools keep old records of classes (maybe not a yearbook, but class photos with names)?

If so, can't you (or maybe friends you're in touch with still there) look through old pictures for an "Anthony" and "Nancy" with the same last name (even if in different grades, there shouldn't be that many years between them)?

That should give you a last name to go off of, shouldn't it? And if the mother isn't willing to give you the information, they may be more receptive since it should be a half-sibling of theirs as well.

Of course, this is all moot if those names were part of what was given just to throw you off the search. Just trying to throw another idea out. Good luck with the search!
Great of you to comment on this, thank you. Nancy and Anthony were two kids that were real but nothing to do with the Mother of my half brother. I was told their Mother had a baby and was lead to believe it was this family was the people I was looking for. Not true. I sorted it though and found out who the real Mother is.
The Mother of my half brother will not talk about it at all.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaniebabyuk View Post
My first information was that the baby may had been fostered out. That informantion has now changed for the better. The Mother of the baby had two older kids. Anthony and Nancy. I have not been told the first or last name of the Mother yet. The source who told me the latest information is trying to remember the names, it all happened 50 years ago and hopefully my source will remember. This source said the woman, two kids and the baby lived in the Town for a number of years after the baby was born.
One other person who knew my Father then, has confirmed that he knew about the baby too. He does not know the woman's name either but also confirmed there were two older kids. How frustrating !
My searching is still on. It's getting better though, at least more than one person knew about the baby.
If the baby was fostered/adopted that is another setback for me.
More and more I find people are lying to cover up what happened 51 years ago !
I am 99% sure of who the Mother is now. NOT the above woman. A ruse to throw me off. One sure thing is that the truth was, a baby boy was born in 1961 ( no date or month ) and my Father was the Bio Dad.
The Bio Mother is scared to tell. Where do I go from here ? it looks like the baby was adopted. I have not even been told if it was an open adoption or closed. Adoption laws are very tight. I have no rights................

Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 PM

15,737 posts, read 8,803,723 times
Quote:
More and more I find people are lying to cover up what happened 51 years ago !
I am 99% sure of who the Mother is now. NOT the above woman. A ruse to throw me off. One sure thing is that the truth was, a baby boy was born in 1961 ( no date or month ) and my Father was the Bio Dad.
The Bio Mother is scared to tell. Where do I go from here ? it looks like the baby was adopted. I have not even been told if it was an open adoption or closed. Adoption laws are very tight. I have no rights................
If you know the bio mother's name, see if you can locate some of her relatives because maybe one of them will give you some information.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
If you know the bio mother's name, see if you can locate some of her relatives because maybe one of them will give you some information.
So much has happened since I last posted. I threw myself into this search and got some answers.
I made a phone call to a relative of the Bio Mother's name, believe me, it was hard work getting to a name at all. ...............seems now the Bio Mother did not tell the truth and it has put things together a bit. It's been a very long haul but I am going to do DNA with someone very soon. I was told by someone who knew of my Father that this man I am now in touch with is my Father's son.
I hope it is him, I came across him last year. We have become friends but were wary of everything until I found out the information recently.
We have decided not to persue asking questions but to go ahead with DNA.
If it's not him, I will scale down my search a bit, I'm tired.
I would try again though when I rest my brain.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:59 PM

15,737 posts, read 8,803,723 times
Quote:
So much has happened since I last posted. I threw myself into this search and got some answers.
I made a phone call to a relative of the Bio Mother's name, believe me, it was hard work getting to a name at all. ...............seems now the Bio Mother did not tell the truth and it has put things together a bit. It's been a very long haul but I am going to do DNA with someone very soon. I was told by someone who knew of my Father that this man I am now in touch with is my Father's son.
I hope it is him, I came across him last year. We have become friends but were wary of everything until I found out the information recently.
We have decided not to persue asking questions but to go ahead with DNA.
If it's not him, I will scale down my search a bit, I'm tired.
I would try again though when I rest my brain.
Good luck. Hope you find the answers that you need. I would bet that you would be tired. That has to be so emotionally draining.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
We are looking for our half brother, born in Manitoba 1959/60 or even 61. We have no other information except that our Father Tom told us before he died in 2008 that he had a son in Manitoba. We lived in The Pas for ten years, we left there in 1962. You have three half siblings trying to find you ! Any information from anyone would help us. Someone must know something ? Was our half brother adopted ? Would he know any history of his Bio Father ? 50 years has gone by, please help us if you can.
Still searching for our half brother. Information I have found is............Date of birth is more likely to be sometime late 1961 or early 1962. Flin Flon or The Pas is in the running for where he was born.
The date we left The Pas Manitoba was 6th March 1963.
His Mother would be of Metis origin. I have searched for 12 long years. I need to find out information. Please help if you know anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search