U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 10:08 AM

13,108 posts, read 24,920,196 times

Advertisements

My mother would like to locate her half brother who was adopted as an infant. Any one have any tips on how to go about this?
The only thing I've done so far is to contact Catholic Charities in NJ who handled the adoption. I only contacted them very recently and I've not heard back from them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 07:47 AM

13,108 posts, read 24,920,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxClaud View Post
Have you registered yet with the International Soundex Reunion Registry? If not, you can download the forms and find out more at http://www.isrr.net
Also go to ADoption.com and use their search data base there as well.
You will want to go through the NJ and check their state run registries though they have a poor sucess rate.
Since it was NJ, there is a law in the legialation right NOW that could allow your bortother to have acess to to his original birth certificate with your mothers real name on it. Contact your state reps to support the bill! It needs all the help it can get!

Get in touch with the folks at NJCARES; they will know what to do for that state: NJCARE | Facebook

and use the time while searching to get prepared! Work on the support system espeially for your mom! It's very difficult and rather overwhelming in so many ways.. the interent can be her new best freind as this is where so many who have lived through adoption separations and reunions have connected... we know what it's like!

Claudia Corrigan D'Arcy
Moderator cut: no advertising please!
So he may not even know who he really is...whew talk about searching for a needle in a hay stack. I'll try for my mother's sake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search