U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 09:37 AM

31 posts, read 43,638 times

Advertisements

Thanks to this wonderful person for all the help "hcgCali" has given to me this year, and I am sure many others over the past years.

I have been trying to find photos of 300 members of the 48th Highlanders of Canada who went to war and did not come home. There were 4 members of the Regiment from the USA.

I posted the below message in this forum and within weeks hcgCali was able to get me in touch with the families of all four of my missing American soldiers.

Here's the posting that led hcgCali to help me

"The 48th Highlanders of Canada Regimental Museum is attempting to put a face to all those members of the regiment that were KIA or DOW during World War 11.

There are several Americans on the 48th Highlanders of Canada WW II honor roll, including:

Arthur Solman KIA Dec 29 1943 from Canton New York
Richard Callaway KIA May 22 1944 from Madison Indiana
John Hooper KIA Aug 26 1944 from Detroit Michigan
Robert Remnant KIA oct 18 1944 from Detroit Michigan

We are trying to find pictures of them for our Archives.

If any of your family members served in this unit and did not return home from the war the museum would be thankful in getting a photo of him for their archives.

Here is a link to a Memorial video on YouTube.

The video's title is "48th Highlanders of Canada Memorial for Remembrance Day"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic9a2UjYABk

48th Highlanders Museum
73 Simcoe St.
Toronto, ON
Canada
M5J 1W9
__________________________________________________ ___________

If you have a hcgCali success story, why not send a Holiday Greeting.

Happy Holidays hcgCali
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 10:11 AM

127 posts, read 174,734 times
I hope you have a great holiday.

After my mother passed away in 2008 you helped me find my Aunt.

Thanks

A Message for Aunt Maureen (Dolly) Bellingham WA
Hi Maureen,

Just a note to let you know your sister Margarette (Peg) of Toronto, passed away on July 14th 2008. We had no way of contacting you to let you know.

We took pictures of her place before and after we cleaned it out. Here is a link to the videos that we posted on Youtube. Thought you might like to see her apartment one last time.

If anyone knows a Maureen in Bellingham send this on to her as she may be our Aunt.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:16 PM

3,756 posts, read 8,400,865 times
HCGCali,
Helped me to find my mother and sister. I just got back from Virginia and although 45 years have passed it was the greatest gift to find them - thank you HCG Cali - you are an angel.

BlueDiamond64

Old 12-20-2009, 12:28 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,316,228 times
Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Thanks to you I have been in touch with my friend that I had not spoken to for 30 years.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:32 PM

2,432 posts, read 5,498,614 times
Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to all the great researchers, members whose lives they have touched and those who are still searching.
God Bless,
7th
FAQ

Old 12-20-2009, 03:53 PM

1,149 posts, read 2,205,810 times
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,HCGCali!
Thank you for all you do.

Okie

Old 12-20-2009, 04:54 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,039,049 times
HcgCali is Wonderful, I agree! Thank you for all you do. You are AMAZING!

Old 12-20-2009, 05:27 PM

1,830 posts, read 4,772,134 times
Thank you, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you, too.

I wish I could take my name out of this thread title and change it to ALL the Great Searchers Here at City-Data, because for every person I helped there is one that Travelingal helped, one that BillM helped, one that Susan helped, and so on, each equally deserving of a "thank you" thread. Just look at the number of threads in this forum, most of them resolved, because so many people take time out of their busy lives to search for other people's lost loved ones. And this forum is such a pleasant place to hang out because we've got the best mods in all of City-Data.

Bless you all.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:52 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,949,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post

I wish I could take my name out of this thread title and change it to ALL the Great Searchers Here at City-Data, because for every person I helped there is one that Travelingal helped, one that BillM helped, one that Susan helped, and so on, each equally deserving of a "thank you" thread. Just look at the number of threads in this forum, most of them resolved, because so many people take time out of their busy lives to search for other people's lost loved ones. And this forum is such a pleasant place to hang out because we've got the best mods in all of City-Data.

Bless you all.

yes but your still an awesome searcher.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:55 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,039,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post

Bless you all.

Awe, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or