Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:03 AM

77 posts, read 174,449 times

Advertisements

i found my birth mother a few years ago, her name is ruth ann grissom. she didnt want to talk to me, thats ok, i respect that, but in my search i found i have a half sister, lea in san diego somewhere.she probably doesnt know anything about me, but id like to find her just to let her know she has a half sister.
all i wanted from my birthmom was a picture, she thought i was wanting money ( i dont, i also dont need a new mommy at 42) but again, i respect her wishes.she wouldnt tell me my birthdad name, so any info would be great .
i was born Beth Irene Grissom 7/2/1967 in Oakland, CA
she is Ruth Ann Grissom living in Bremmerton WA.
i have a half sister ( i think) Lea living in San Diego.
thanks for your time!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 12:51 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,348,325 times
Ok, from searching records for Ruth Ann, I found a person of that name in a CA marriage record to a Jerry Burbridge in San Diego in 1975. Then searching for Lea Burbridge I found

BURBRIDGE, LEAH T (Age 33)
SEABECK, WA
BREMERTON, WA

Possible Relatives:

BURBRIDGE, JERRY D (Age 62)
BURBRIDGE, RUTHANN G (Age 61)

Her birth record shows:
Lia T Burbridge
San Diego County
14 Oct 1976
Mother's maiden name: Grissom

Both Lia T and Leah T come up with the same birthdate, same parents.
BURBRIDGE, LIA (Age 33)
BREMERTON, WA
Possible Relatives:

BURBRIDGE, RUTH ANN

Lia T Burbridge
PO Box
Seabeck, WA 98380-0766
Household: Jerry D Burbridge, Anne G Burbridge, Ruthann G Burbridge

Perhaps you contacting Ruth set off a panic in the household. Googling her: Lia had a facebook page, now it's cancelled. She was listed as the contact for Kitsap Regional Library, Bremerton, WA children's book club, and also scrapbooking classes, but now her name's been removed, but maybe the Library can help you. Catched page shows: "Questions? Please contact Lia Burbridge in the Young People's Dept at 360-415-6720. "

You could join Classmates and contact her: Lia Burbridge | Silverdale, WA | Classmates.com (http://www.classmates.com/directory/public/memberprofile/list.htm?regId=219654981 - broken link)

That page also shows she's connected to Jeanette's Floral Design, Silverdale, WA. Try them:
Jeanette's Floral Design: 3343 NW Byron Street: Silverdale, WA 98383: 360-698-0572: Flowers To Go: 9130 Ridgetop Boulevard NW: Silverdale, WA 98383: 360-692-4181

Or, you could call the number listed for Jerry and ask for Lia. I won't tell you to be dishonest and pretend to be one of her classmates listed on her Classmates page. What you say is your choice.

Jerry D Burbridge
PO Box
Seabeck, WA 98380-0766
(360) 830-0323
Household: Anne G Burbridge, Ruthann G Burbridge, Lia T Burbridge

Oh! This was posted just one day ago! She's still working with children through the library:
Princesses Flood Sylvan Way : Kitsap Photo Galleries : Kitsap Sun: Local Kitsap, Washington News Delivered Throughout the Day.

Good luck!

P.S: You are listed under your birth name in the CA public Birth Index. You might try sending for that record and/or your original BC. It might have your birth father listed.

Last edited by hcgCali; 01-08-2010 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: added bc info

Old 01-08-2010, 01:10 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,434,882 times
hcgCali ~ Once again...ABOVE and BEYOND! You are amazing. :-)

My thought for 2010... Use your talent (everybody has one) in anyway you can. Don't keep it for yourself like a miser - spend it like a millionaire!

Old 01-08-2010, 02:12 PM

wow, your good!! thank you so much, my birthname came up too? i didnt learn that before. thank you so much, i really appreciate it.
i never tried to start a panic in ruths home, tho im sure she turned 10 shades of pale hearing my voice, all i wanted was to see what she looked like. if she couldnt care for me, at least she gave me up to an adoption agency,thru the church and i got adopted by good people.i consider myself lucky, not bitter.she could have dumped me in a dumpster, but she didnt.im not mad, just wanted a pic.i wont contact ruth, but i will try to follow up on leah, again, thank you so much..all i know is my birthdad is in prison.ruth told me that much about him.he probably doesnt know i exist.if you could find that name, wow, that would be amazing..again, thank you so very much!!!

Old 01-08-2010, 03:11 PM

You're welcome. I'm sure your birth mother panicked all by herself with no help from you. Not all birth-search stories have a happy ending. You just don't know what kind of emotional wall they have to build around themselves in order to deal with giving up a child.
Your sister looks like a sweet person. I hope you can establish a relationship with her.

The online Ca public record of your birth only gives the mother's maiden name. I have no way to get your father's name, but since you are listed in the index, your original birth certificate may be available to you. It's worth a shot.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:44 PM

actually, i do understand her place, i had to give up my own son for a while when my ex went to jail and we divorced. i was able to give him to family, not the same thing, but thats why i dont hate her. it wasnt easy for her, i know that.i talked to her, twice, thinking i shocked her the first time, ill try again after it 'sunk in' with her, she was so snotty and paranoid tinking i wanted money from her, i just dropped it. i sent her a letter with my address, she didnt respond back. ok, i gave it a shot, i dont want to shove myself down her throat, ya know? i just want to see what she looks like, pretty much.
again, thank you so much...you ROCK!!!

Old 07-20-2010, 06:35 PM

25 posts, read 35,765 times
hcgCali you seem to be a real pro. i am just starting my search and dont have my mothers name as of yet. i was born in tularosa NM in 1966 and adopted by Herman Kenneth and Lee Wandell Cornelius. they think my father was my adopted dads brother name Lonnie Cornelius. my adopted dad and real dad have both passed away and alot of info died with them. I am looking for Lonnies daughter, my possible half sister and her name is Lattaine Cowan and she was living in Llano Texas. what do you think about it?

Old 07-20-2010, 07:56 PM

Hi Bartman. Would you mind posting that info in the thread you started in search of your birth mother? It's much easier for the searchers to help you if we have all your details in one place, on your own thread. Thanks.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:27 PM

i just found out my son,27 has congestive heart falirue. that floored me. i need to know if its in my bloodline, is there anyway you could possibly run another search for her or for my half sis? ive got to know if its on my side . its on my exs side of the family, God, please dont let my boy gget hit with a double whammy . im kinda freaking out. im sorry.
i hope shes still alive, i just need to know my family medical. i recently had cancer tumors on my overies and had them removed. i sure hope now a days the adoption agencys pass on medical records, they are so important

Old 08-01-2013, 01:08 PM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebringxxxlovr View Post
is there anyway you could possibly run another search for her or for my half sis? ive got to know if its on my side . its on my exs side of the family.
Send a direct message to the person who helped you back then, by clicking on their user name. They are one of the most successful members, if not the most successful as far as results.

Last edited by howard555; 08-01-2013 at 01:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search