U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 01:28 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,617,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I'm with the dad somewhat on this one.

The kid needs some MALE/FATHER connection abeit it for only a short time.

Give the kid a break...he will come around eventually.
Steve, are you for real??? You can't "kidnap" your own child. This kid went to visit for Christmas and the father will not send the child back home. Why the mother is waiting around and begging to see her child is a mystery. I would have been on a plane a day after the proposed return date and kick some ass.

Unless, she is on the phone to this child every day, this kid will think he was abandoned by his own mother.

And believe me, a kid doesn't need a MALE/FATHER figure if that figure is abusive or not responsible. Sounds to me like he wants to keep the kid so he doesn't have to pay child support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 01:42 PM

6,647 posts, read 18,594,325 times
The kid went for a christmas visit and was NOT kidnapped.

The dad probably enjoys having him around even if for a while.

Kidnapping would have had the police involved before now.

Not aware of the kids age which is important.

I raised 4 boys (along with a wife) and they do need a MALE figure around.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
The kid went for a christmas visit and was NOT kidnapped.

The dad probably enjoys having him around even if for a while.

Kidnapping would have had the police involved before now.

Not aware of the kids age which is important.

I raised 4 boys (along with a wife) and they do need a MALE figure around.
Yes it is kidnapping if the mother has full custody of the child. She should have gone to her local police the next day after the boy was suppose to return. And even though the ex might enjoy having the child around, he is disregarding the mother's feelings and emotions connected with the child by keeping the child from the mother and the mother from the child. While it is nice to have a MALE figure, it is not necessary to have a MALE figure to raise a healthy, well-rounded child be it male or female.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:15 PM

6,647 posts, read 18,594,325 times
Highly disagree with your last sentence.

I have a grandaughter raising a son along with her two sisters in the same house.

My son says the boy is a little on the sissy side and still has not learned to ride the bike I bought him for christmas over a yr ago. The boy turned 7 this month.

Raising boys is different then girls...and yes I had three girls also to raise at the same time (7 all together) so do speak with some knowledge.

I have been there and done all that.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Highly disagree with your last sentence.

I have a grandaughter raising a son along with her two sisters in the same house.

My son says the boy is a little on the sissy side and still has not learned to ride the bike I bought him for christmas over a yr ago. The boy turned 7 this month.

Raising boys is different then girls...and yes I had three girls also to raise at the same time (7 all together) so do speak with some knowledge.

I have been there and done all that.
Then that is your granddaughter's fault. I raised 1 boy and 1 girl by myself and my son is not a sissy. He can clean and cook and do manly things too. My daughter can clean and cook and do manly things like change a tire on a car. If I were you, I'd talk to my granddaughter, she is doing her son a disservice.

And that is a myth that single mothers will raise their boys as sissies. Just like single dads raising daughters, the girls aren't all going to turn out like tomboys.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:12 AM

6 posts, read 8,507 times
Default Working Hard to bring my son home from Bedford, TX.

Thanks to everyone that posted a comment.... I did file papers as soon as i knew ex wouldn't send him home. Judge denied because child not in any danger. I did call the local police there in Texas, they just did a welfare check and told me he was fine and nothing they could do it was a matter for the courts. So, I filed more custody papers and detailed everything.... attached copies of ever txt message and e mail that my ex sent me. can the e mail response form the Bedford PD....everything I had I attached. Wrote a declaration of residency for my son....showing he has always resided with me and in California. copies of school records birth cert , marriage cert.. again detailed everything. I also filed with the DA, which is a police report....A Parental abduction report. regardless if I want them to or not they will prosecute him.
He contacted the child support dept here to stop the garnishment. but I blocked that attempt.
the comment one person made is correct and on the dot... he doesn't want to pay the child support. I have not at all kept him from seeing my son in any way... I accommodate him to the fullest. I also believe that a boy need his father , good or bad...it's his father. But not this way...not to just keep him. The timeline of events is not favorable towards him at all...and all his own doing... I do not see how the court could not help but rule in my favor. We will see, court date the first week in May. oh and they ordered us to mediation...ya right.....If he wants to see that much of his dad I will move there... but my son will live with me... I guess that will ruin his plan of not paying child support. Then what will he do....?????

Old 03-22-2011, 07:08 AM

12 posts, read 61,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Yes it is kidnapping if the mother has full custody of the child. She should have gone to her local police the next day after the boy was suppose to return. And even though the ex might enjoy having the child around, he is disregarding the mother's feelings and emotions connected with the child by keeping the child from the mother and the mother from the child. While it is nice to have a MALE figure, it is not necessary to have a MALE figure to raise a healthy, well-rounded child be it male or female.
Oh this is ridiculous... I am not judging the OP and I know everyone's situation is different, but to all these people who are saying that she should have called the police on the child's own father: any child who comes from this kind of a family is going to end up with serious emotional problems for their entire adult lives. This is speaking from my own experience growing up in a divorced family as well as all my childhood friends who watched their lives torn apart by adults who were chasing after the happiness that they felt like they were entitled to, no matter what it did to their children or their extended family or anyone else.

If you want to be a responsible parent, you should put your personal happiness aside. Forget about MY child and and MY child support money and all of the things you feel like you deserve from life and think about what must be going through your child's mind while he watches his parents act like animals.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:32 AM

Good for you. Can you talk to your son to see how he's doing? Keep us posted.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbindreams View Post
Oh this is ridiculous... I am not judging the OP and I know everyone's situation is different, but to all these people who are saying that she should have called the police on the child's own father: any child who comes from this kind of a family is going to end up with serious emotional problems for their entire adult lives. This is speaking from my own experience growing up in a divorced family as well as all my childhood friends who watched their lives torn apart by adults who were chasing after the happiness that they felt like they were entitled to, no matter what it did to their children or their extended family or anyone else.

If you want to be a responsible parent, you should put your personal happiness aside. Forget about MY child and and MY child support money and all of the things you feel like you deserve from life and think about what must be going through your child's mind while he watches his parents act like animals.
Moderator cut: no personal attacks please...

This child needs to be back with the custodial parent not the parent that doesn't want to pay child support so he keeps the kid.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-23-2011 at 10:57 AM..

Old 03-23-2011, 10:58 AM

5,126 posts, read 10,234,759 times
please keep this thread civil... this is NOT the parenting forum, so please let's not get into a big discussion about parenting here. Thank you.

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search