U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2006, 10:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,591 times

Advertisements

I am looking for the grave of my Great Great Grandmother, Mary McCreary, born 1841 and died after 1920/one source has 1929. Her first husband was James Daniel and her second was James Alcorn. She should be buried under the name, Mary Alcorn. She took her Cherokee allotment on the Cherokee side of the Cherokee/Muskogee county line, just north of Braggs. The family lost this land to Fort Gruber. Her burial is listed as Braggs, no cemetery name or location. Could someone let me know what cemeteries are in the area and how to get to them? We have another 1850's family cemetery just north of Mary's land off of Hwy 62, that we have been working at cleaning up, so we are in the area several times a year, and would like to start looking this spring. Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks,
Patty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 02:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,471 times
my great great great grandma was mary e alcorn who resided in braggs,ok in 1905 with her 2 granddaughters viola and katy mary's son, unknown name possibly elijah, was deceased according to mary's request for allotment for his children i have two possbile dob's for mary one was 1840/ohio and the other was 1841/kentucky and i have no date of death or where i was advised that her husbands name was joshua alcorn, could be wrong, but i have no info on him i have been researching our familys cherokee heritage and could use any dates of birth or death that you may have i am also curious if marys husband was also cherokee marys daughter jomanda was married to my great great grandfather andrew fowler and spent most of their lives in the springfield,mo area according to my grandma who is still alive she said jomanda died before she was born in 1919 but that andrew lived til the 1940's their son charles fowler married lilliam daniels in trask,mo/howell county most of that family resided in the mountain view, west plains,mo area i know marys mothers name was nancy hildebrand and she married hiram mccrary (the spelling i as given) according to what i was told nancy died in 1849 on the road and her and hiram resided in indian territory please also give me directions to marys land and the 1850's family cemetary also were you able to locate marys buriel site and correct date of death please let me what info you have and if i can be of any help i do not have a computer and am using my son-in-laws but he will check for any messages from you i reside in northeastern oklahoma thank you kim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search