U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 07:00 PM

67 posts, read 88,056 times

Advertisements

MrBillM there was something strange about that phone call, because there was a girl talking to the top of her voice in the backgroung saying why now, why now, and that was repeated 5 or six times. There was a lot of swearing in the background. The message on the answering machine said: Hi this is the home of Barbara and Leslie Taylor, Please leave a name and a number, and someone will get back to you. Everything points to her being the Barbara Jean Allen, first of all she was born in 1946, she had a daughter born in 1963 in North Carolina, She has a brother Richard E. Allen born in 1949. And the voice sounded like the voice from what I remember of her. If I could get a little background on the parents for this Barbara Jean Allen, and some background on this Barbara Jeans Brother Richard Like I said earlier her brother was incarcarated but that would of been juvinile court, and I don't know if there would be information on that because he was a juvenile at the time, or not, however if he was incarcarated in 1962 1963 time period and her mother worked in a restaurant in Raleigh not far from her house and if this Barbara Jean lived in Raleigh at the time of the Birth of her daughter in 1963, this information would be helpful. I was just on the phone with Staci, he was the Company Clerk there at the time of the incident, and he stated that it definately was 1963 when your daughter was born, because he was in Viet Nam in 1964, and left Fort Bragg, at the end of 1963, and he stated that she returned to the Company with a new born in 1963 to talk to the Company Commander to get my address and to tell me that she had a baby. So if we can find out any information about the incaration of her brother Richard, or about her mother working in a restaurant at the time, and weather or not this Barbara Jean lived in Raleigh when DeLee Michele was born and any dates on the marriage of Barbara Jean Allen and William Ellsworth Osborn III, and any other information on this matter would be helpful to make a determination on this situation with this Barbara Jean, especially any informaton on DeLee Michele especilly if this Barb lived in Raleigh at the time of Birth of DeLee, etc.. Thanks MrBillM and HcgCali and Travelingal2...Love you guys
Jimmy Haas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 03:43 AM

Or a marriage date for Barbara Jean Allen And William Ellsworth Osborne III would be helpful because if he married her in 1963 that will tell me how she got the name DeLee Michele Osborne, and if the marriage was afer that date there should be some sort of addoption papers from William E. Osborne and Barbara Jean Osborne adopting my child unless he thought the child was his, or could it be possible that she meaning Barbara Jean Allen put my dauhter or son up for adoption, someone addopted my child, then she met this William E. Osborn and had two children to him, meaning DeLee Michele Osborne and Christopher T. Osborne then there would be some sort of adoption papers from Barbara Jean Allen in 1963 with my child, I was just talking to my friend who was the Company Clerk at the time of the incident, and these are a few questions he asked me.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:19 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,031,686 times
All those senarios are possible!

Old 03-11-2010, 06:43 AM

Can we search till we find the right senario and if all the above senarios are possible, then there could only be one possibly right senario, so can we find the right one? I love you guys, and I won't quit till I have all questions answered. If I have to bring the Veterans Administration into this for not informing me of this situation at Fort Bragg, then I will. I already talked to Nancy E. Mizak, LPC Counseling Therapist at the Department Of Veterans Affairs at our local Vet Center for counseling, I showed her printouts of everything from MrBillM, hcgCali, And Travelingal2, and she informed me to continue what I'm doing, and if nothing else works she will bring the Department Of Veterans Affairs into this matter. She informed me that this was wrong and that the United States Army should of informed me of this matter, and I have a good case if I can prove that I have a child to Barbara Jean Allen, and her whereabouts. I'm also working with the American Red Cross on this matter, to find out if Barbara Jean went through the American Red Cross to try and locate me at that time, and nothing yet. So if we keep on pushing for answers we will come up with the right Senario, and my child, everyone in the world has a right to know their mother and father. Even me Thanks Everyone for working with me...

Old 03-11-2010, 07:38 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,031,686 times
I know this is kinda late to be asking, but ...

Are you 100% sure her last name is Allen?

Old 03-11-2010, 11:17 AM

1,830 posts, read 4,755,399 times
Jimmy, once again, Barbara Jean Allen Osborn Taylor is not your Barbara Jean.
1. She was born and remained in Gaston County.
Your Barbara was from Durham County.

2. She came from a 2-parent home with many siblings.
Your Barbara had a single mom and 1 brother.

3. This Barbara's brother is Richard Anthony Alllen
You remember your Barbara's brother as Richard E. Allen

4. Your baby was born in 1963
DeLee Osborn was born in 1966

You're trying very hard to create scenerios to make Barbara Taylor's life fit your facts, but the truth is, her facts don't match your story and harassing this family won't change that. The voice you heard was probably the TV. The real Barbara Jean will not tell you she's the wrong person. She's waited 47 years for some answers as to why you left without telling her or writing her, etc. and she will want some closure. The real Barbara brought her baby to the base and told everyone it was yours. That shows she did not deceive another man into marrying her believing he was the father. I bet she even told her child your name, so it's good you have webpages etc where she can find you if she searches for you.

Now, instead of using the VA to pursue a case against the army, how about using them to help you find your daughter? For starters, ask how you can access your records from Ft. Bragg to see if the commander put anything in your file about Barbara's visit to him. There may be a contact address/phone in there that we can use to trace forward. Ask if you qualify for any advocacy service, where they would search for your child for you. It can't hurt to ask.

Can you recall any other facts? Did you go to Barbara's home, and maybe could remember an address? Did Barbara bring a friend to the barn dance, who maybe dated a buddy or yours? Do you recall anyone else who knew her?

Also, do you have any friends that remained in the Raliegh area, who could help by searching the county records and newspaper archives? If not, and if the VA won't help, you might want to think about hiring a private investigator in Raleigh. Here's why: Remember somewhere in this thread when I couldn't find births in the database that matched the facts for Barbara and her child, I said that sometimes not all counties send vital statistics to the state birth index? Well, I followed up on that, and I discovered that Durham County records were not in the state database. That means that we cannot access Durham County birth/marriage records online for you. But all is not lost. Since NC state law does consider those records to be public information, one can see them in person at the county government offices. Here's some info:
Quote:
Beginning July 2, 2007 certified copies of birth and death certificates, amendments and legitimations must be obtained at the Durham County Register of Deeds Office, located on the ground floor of the County Administration Building at 200 E. Main Street. Office hours of the Register of Deeds Office are from 8:30 to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. For more information, you may click on the following link: http://www.durhamcountync.gov/departments/rgds/ or call (919) 560-0495.
I don't think you will get anywhere with them over the phone. You or someone acting on your behalf needs to stand at the counter and plead your case and get their sympathy, since all you know is the baby was born the last half of 1963 to Barbara Jean Allen. You don't have enough information to order a copy of the BC over the phone or online here: http://www.durhamcountync.gov/depart...-csb4.2009.pdf
You need a sympathetic county worker to go beyond their job duties and search the records for you with the limited info you provide. I think they might be more inclined to help if you say that you just found out about her and you need the information in order to make her a legal heir in your will.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:14 PM

13,098 posts, read 24,801,361 times
This thread is reading like a mystery novel and I hope the o/p finds his Barbara. Lots of great help but as a novice I have a question....if Barbara married would it not be harder to locate her? I just did a search on my maiden name and city I grew up in and I'm not getting anything

I'll keep reading and hope there is a conclusion.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
This thread is reading like a mystery novel and I hope the o/p finds his Barbara. Lots of great help but as a novice I have a question....if Barbara married would it not be harder to locate her? I just did a search on my maiden name and city I grew up in and I'm not getting anything

I'll keep reading and hope there is a conclusion.
Yes. That's why we tried to find Barbara's birth information. With a correct birthdate along with first and middle name we can often find the female's current name.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:31 PM

I know for a fact her name was Barbara Jean Allen, and as initially stated I said trying to find Barbara Jean Allen (Allan) wasn't sure of the spelling. however everything come back Barbara Jean Allen, so I assumed her name was Allen. I talked to Staci again the Company Clerk and him being the company clerk stated to me that was one of the first questions I asked him. I already went to my Congressman and he in turn sent to National Personnel Records Military Personnel Records 9700 Page Avenue, St. Louis, MO. 63132-5100 for a copy of my military records. I have them sitting in front of me. We went through them with a fine tooth comb, to find fault in the U.S.Army for not informing me of the above situations. No Luck. njkate sounds like a mystery novel to me also, and thanks for wishing me luck in finding my Barbara. If I had any more information I would provide it. I have been since January 17, 2010 the day I was told about the matter going nuts over the situation, and almost put me in the Physyke Ward. I by nature would drive to North Carolina, but common sense tell me not to, and my brother who is the Chief Of Police in the next Township over from me also informed me not to go there I could end up getting shot, or arrested, and thats not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for Barbara Jean Allen, and if facts show that the one above is not her lets go back to the drawing board. And yes you are right njkate, I have lots of help, and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart I have the three named people above MrBillM, hcgCali, and Travelingal2 three of the most important people in my life right now. And I'm trying everything I possibly can to assist, I tried the American Red Cross, The Vetrerans Administration, My Congressman, and the three mentioned names above helping me, we will find Barbara Jean Allen. and hcgCali a lot of things said above I didn't know about. And if you go back to #18 you will see that it reads Barbara Jean Allen Osborn Taylor 103 Country Ln Belmont, NC 28012 (704) 825-7629 * She had a daughter born 1963 in North Carolina from Travelingal2. Thats what I was going by, now above hcgCali states she was born in 1966. If thats the case what happened to the daughter born in 1963 that was mentioned in #18. I'm confused and lost in the matter, but I know we will find Barbara Jean Allen. Again I love you guys n gals for helping me. And Thank You again from the bottom of my heart. And I stated if DeLee was born in 1966 then what happened to the one born in 1963 in NC. was she put up for adoption, where is she. So its back to the drawing board. And no I didn't leave without writing or telling her we broke up before I left there, and I didn't know she was pregnant, and I assume she didn't know either, remember I was 17 and she was 16, or I was 18 and she was 17. If I would of known. I would of married the girl. I loved her, and she loved me. Now after the fact knowing what I know now, I think she was scared because she was pregnant, and broke off with me. I don't know, but I do know I loved that girl, and to this day 2010 I think of her daily, I can still hear her calling me JEE MEE in that southern draw. I'm now 65 years old, and a U.S Army Veteran trying to find his child, give me a little credit, at least I care, and it is something I never knew about until January 2010. And I'm fighting a health problem, and wand to make mends with her thats all...

Old 03-11-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
And if you go back to #18 you will see that it reads Barbara Jean Allen Osborn Taylor 103 Country Ln Belmont, NC 28012 (704) 825-7629 * She had a daughter born 1963 in North Carolina from Travelingal2. Thats what I was going by, now above hcgCali states she was born in 1966. If thats the case what happened to the daughter born in 1963 that was mentioned in #18.
That was a mistake in post #18. Sometimes address databases have wrong information and we don't catch it right away, or sometimes we are looking at so many things at once that we remember a detail wrongly when we type it up. Look at post #26. That is copied right from the NC Birth Index and is DeLee's correct information. Barbara Jean Osborn Taylor did not have a baby in 1963. She only had DeLee and Christopher. MrBill found the same age for DeLee in post # 29. Here is another database that shows DeLee's age MelissaData.com | People Summary I'm sorry our work process confused you, but we are only human and do our best. We post things before we are sure about them because we work as team to verify the information through our different sources.

Your brother is Chief of Police? Police have access to a search database we volunteers don't have. He probably could find your Barbara Jean by searching for her name born in Durham Co in 46-47. However, he may not be legally or ethically able to do it, since it's not for "official purposes." So don't get mad at him if you ask and he say's he can't help. If he says No, then ask him to recommend a licensed private investigator. They also have access to the same database. But whatever advice your brother gives you, listen to it and let it sink in, even if it's not what you want to hear. He loves you and knows what's best for you. It's important you stay healthy and don't let this thing eat you up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or