Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:05 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,462,138 times

Advertisements

Jimmy ~ Have you thought about trying classmates.com or directly contacting the high schools in the Raleigh area? I asked people in the North Carolina (Raleigh) section of city-data what high schools were around near the downtown area back in 1962.
I was told by lamishra: Needham B. Broughton H.S.
I was told by rnc2mbfl:
Enloe was founded in 1962.
the old Millbrook High School was probably around then.
Cary High School was moved to its present location in 1960.
If you contact their alumni association, you might get results. Someone must remember her or her brother, even if they did not graduate. Here's a for instance: If you look at this website 45th Reunion Plans, you can click on email addresses and contact the very first email address and ask the Class Committee. I know this was most likely not her graduating year, but someone there might know the Barbara Jean Allen you seek, or even her brother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 04:26 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,434,882 times
ecam222 ~ Great Idea.

I have already been combing through the registered (listed) classmates. I have had any luck yet. This actually worked on another thread. A girl looking for her father, the Mom and the Aunt recalled the name differently and I found him by his Alumni. Still looking!

Old 03-17-2010, 10:08 AM

67 posts, read 97,379 times
Default classmates.com

Thank You for the assistance travelingal2 if she is looking in CLassmates.Com, she is very good at what she does she'll find her.. I know she will because she didn't get the title travelingal for nothing she earned that name she has been putting some miles on her computer and typing fngers for me, and I appreciate it from tbe bottom of my heart, and again I was talking to my brother Teddy he was here yesterday, and told me that his friend, the chief at Port Vue, Pa. is not aloud to access the syslem because he was looking things up on NCIC what ever that is, and was using the information for his personal use, and got caught, I told him not to do it. I don't want any trouble for my brother. We'll find her it's gonna be a tough one. Agin thanks everyone for helping me find Barbara Jean..Lov you guys.
Jimmy

Old 03-17-2010, 03:27 PM

Thanks, Travelingal2.

Jimmy ~ Something I think is important to point out to you. If you look at the Viet Nam Memorial Wall (you can see the virtual one on-line), you will see there were three people with your last name and neither one of them is named Jimmy or James. Seems to me that Barbara, in all these years, or anyone else who knows her would have noticed that. Who is this Staci guy you reference? Is he the same person you say was your friend at the time? Why do you suppose he wouldn't have tried to get a hold of you back then to tell you that 'someone' at Fort Bragg told Barbara you died in Viet Nam? That seems a cruel thing for someone to do, if it really happened. I can't imagine it would have been the company commander, can you? Remember, the Viet Nam Memorial is very well known and I'd think if she looked for your name, she sure would be wondering who lied to her and to start asking questions on her own.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:22 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecam222 View Post
Thanks, Travelingal2.

Jimmy ~ Something I think is important to point out to you. If you look at the Viet Nam Memorial Wall (you can see the virtual one on-line), you will see there were three people with your last name and neither one of them is named Jimmy or James. Seems to me that Barbara, in all these years, or anyone else who knows her would have noticed that. Who is this Staci guy you reference? Is he the same person you say was your friend at the time? Why do you suppose he wouldn't have tried to get a hold of you back then to tell you that 'someone' at Fort Bragg told Barbara you died in Viet Nam? That seems a cruel thing for someone to do, if it really happened. I can't imagine it would have been the company commander, can you? Remember, the Viet Nam Memorial is very well known and I'd think if she looked for your name, she sure would be wondering who lied to her and to start asking questions on her own.
Unfortunately the Wall didn't come for many years after the war, by then it may not have mattered anymore to her, she may have been married and moved on by then

Old 03-18-2010, 08:50 AM

Jimmy:

Do you know where she lived back then? Street address? If not you do you remember how close she was to Ft Bragg, 5 miles, 10 miles etc? This info may help narrow down what high school she may have attended

Old 03-18-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Unfortunately the Wall didn't come for many years after the war, by then it may not have mattered anymore to her, she may have been married and moved on by then
Moved on? For me, that would be a serious matter, aside from just my curiousity getting the better of me.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecam222 View Post
Moved on? For me, that would be a serious matter, aside from just my curiousity getting the better of me.
Me as well, but I know many people who do have the ability to just move on, especially if she was of the belief he had died, in a way I envy them

Old 03-18-2010, 04:36 PM

67 posts, read 97,379 times
I used to hitch hike from Ft. Bragg to her house, and I remember she lived right off the Main Street in Raleigh, I don't remember the name of the Main Street, however I walked to her house from the Main Street, maybe a few blocks and it wasn't far, and from her Mothers house to where her Mother worked it was also walking distance because we walked to see her Mom. Also I saw a picture recently of a School in Raleigh and it could possibly be the school from what I remember don't hold me to this but it looks like the School Barbara Jean Attended..Needham Broughton High School, and that was also walking distance from her Mothers house, because we walked..You have to understand the story..First of all I was only 18, in fact I might have just turned 18, She didn't believe me when she first saw me in U.S. Army uniform, something I was proud of. She kept telling me I was going to go to Jail for wearing a Army Uniform, and not in the Army...Well I was I went in the United States Army at the age of 16 three months before my 17th Birthday, yes the U.S. Army mad a man out of me. And a man will search for his children..She was so proud of me because I was a 17 year old soldier...She walked me half way around Raleigh introducing me to her friends, her mother, etc...I can still hear her saying to her mother when we walked to the Restaurant where she worked.."Quote" Momma this is Jee Mee he ain't but 17 years old in the U.S. Army...And I Love Him, look at him mama he's just a baby wearing this uniform..I'm taking him home with me, well that probably was the weekend she got pregnant, she would not let me out of her arms, and she didn't want me to go back to Ft. Bragg, but I had to, and she wouldn't let me out of her site. Im thinking because a few months down the road she found out she was pregnant to scared to tell anyone, and I was already transferred to Germany that it was over, To this day it ain't over, If I knew this when it happened, it probably would be my wife today, and if she is not married, she will be my wife, because I really loved that girl..She was my first if anyone understands what I'm trying to say..She is something I went through my whole life thinking of...Please find Her...Thanks Everyone I love you people....

Old 03-18-2010, 06:53 PM

1,724 posts, read 2,491,967 times
Default Barbara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Haas View Post
Guess everyone quit haven't heard from anyone lately

Haven't quit at all jimmy. I spent a few hours last night on this. I found one who passed away in Mississippi same name and age 64 but after digging a little more I found that she grew up in Ohio.( So the search goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search