U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 01:38 AM

67 posts, read 88,259 times

Advertisements

I was stationed at Fort Bragg in 1962 I got orders to go to Germany from Fort Bragg, I was dating a girl Barbara Jean Allan (Allen) from Raleigh at the time, I was at Fort Bragg, and I was only 18 years old...We just had a reunion and I was told from one of the reunion members and a friend at the time that the girl I was dating from Raleigh was trying to locate me she had come to the Barracks at Fort Bragg on numerous occasions trying to fine me, and being in the Army, no one knew where I was or would tell her where I was, well I got transferred to Germany...To make the long story short....He told me that she was pregnant to me, and was trying to fine me....I just found this out in 2009 at the reunion...Well I'm trying to find her or anything about her where abouts can anyone please help a desperate U.S. Army Veteran...All I know is her name is Barbara Jean Allan or Allen I was 18, and I think she was 17 at the time....I'm now 65 so she would be 64 or 65....Please someone in the Raleigh, North Carolina area help me to find her.....All I remember is she had a brother who was in jail at the time I was with her, and her mother worked in a little restaurant on Route 301 in the area....I met Barbara at a Barn Dance In Raleigh....Other than that thats all I know.....Please someone help me find her....

Last edited by Jimmy Haas; 02-27-2010 at 01:45 AM.. Reason: Adding a email address to get hold of me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 01:47 AM

Anyone with information please contact me at djjimmy1963@live.com or djjimmy@peoplepc.com, or call my cell phone number @ 412-312-0629.....Thany You

Old 02-27-2010, 07:39 PM

1,611 posts, read 1,950,702 times
This one is 61 yrs old middle name is Jean but it's a wild shot.

Barbara J Allen

285 Wilders Ln

Louisburg, NC 27549-7121

(919) 340-0322

Old 02-27-2010, 11:08 PM

Default Barbara J. Allen

Is there anyway you can get hold of her for me and find out if she is the Barbara I'm looking for all you have to say to her is do you know a Jee Mee thats what she called me with her southern accent...If you say thst to her, and she smiles its her....please give her my name, email address phone number, and tell her I did not get killed in Viet Nam like someone told her at Fort Bragg, when she came there looking for me....Thanks Millions for your responce
Jimmy Haas

Old 02-27-2010, 11:38 PM

Default Mr. Bill M.

Mr Bill M. When I read your respond, I had tears in my eyes, and cried like a baby with joy....I called the number you give and it is out of service is there anyway please you can go to that address for me and see if she is the Barbara Jean I'm looking for...It could be her all I remember is she was younger than me and I just turned 65 on the 5th of January...Please do this for me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBillM View Post
This one is 61 yrs old middle name is Jean but it's a wild shot.

Barbara J Allen

285 Wilders Ln

Louisburg, NC 27549-7121

(919) 340-0322

Old 02-27-2010, 11:43 PM

Jimmy Haas 117 Delrose Drive Liberty Boro, Penna. 15133-2111 djjimmy@peoplepc.com djjimmy1963@live.com 412-312-0629 Thanks Millions

Old 02-28-2010, 01:08 PM

1,830 posts, read 4,774,008 times
Jimmy, the volunteers here assist people by giving their time and expertise in searching public records to find lost loved ones. For financial, legal and safety reasons we don't inject ourselves into the situation by contacting people or acting as intermediaries. We provide the address/phone and the rest is up to you. Surely you don't expect MrBill to incur air and hotel expenses to travel to another state and knock on a door for you.

You can write a brief letter to that address and ask if she will contact you if she is the Barbara from Raleigh you dated in 1962. The worst that can happen is she says "no, wrong person" in which case we keep searching.

In the meantime, can you remember any other helpful details? When did you leave Ft Bragg? Was Barbara born in NC? Could she have been younger than she told you? Do you know what high school she attended? Do you recall her mother/father or brother's name? Did your friend say if she kept the baby? I'm searching NC birth and marriage records and any information you can provide would be helpful.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:55 PM

Jimmy I found another number for her and her family. Please remember this might not be her at all. The age is off. Like hcgCali said we don't do the actual contacting.

Tel (919) 340-0587

Old 02-28-2010, 03:26 PM

Default Sorry I thought Mr. Bill was from that area, and found her...I didn't know he was from another state I'm sorry...

I have no idea what shcool she went to.. I left Fort Bragg in 1963 I was 18...I think she was younger than me at the time, and names I dont remember however i think her brother's name was Ricky Allan, but can't remember but I know he was in jail when I was with her...I remember him the company clerk at the time saying when I left Fort Bragg she was there talking to the Company Commander, and he was the Company Clerk, and overheard the conversation that she was pregnant, and trying to get hold of me...I was never informed, or was never told anything about this matter...The last thing I was told is someone told her I was killed in Viet Nam..OK I found my military records now I was at fort Bragg Hq Co 14th Engr Bn Ft. Bragg, N.C. June 3, 1962 and let Ft. Bragg to Germany July 12, 1963
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
Jimmy, the volunteers here assist people by giving their time and expertise..Being a Soldier at the time and also young, I didn't understand much of what was going on at the time, and I don't think her father was around, and her mother worked in a little restaurant, and I never saw her but one or two times because she was never there...Yes she was born in North Carolina and I think if I was 18 at the time and this girl is 61 now then that would mean she was 14, and I don't this this is he, however it could be...and she lied, but if she was only 14, and me being a soldier in the Unites States Army I could of been in real trouble, and nothing ever happened to me, so thats all I remember............. searching public records to find lost loved ones. For financial, legal and safety reasons we don't inject ourselves into the situation by contacting people or acting as intermediaries. We provide the address/phone and the rest is up to you. Surely you don't expect MrBill to incur air and hotel expenses to travel to another state and knock on a door for you.

You can write a brief letter to that address and ask if she will contact you if she is the Barbara from Raleigh you dated in 1962. The worst that can happen is she says "no, wrong person" in which case we keep searching.

In the meantime, can you remember any other helpful details? When did you leave Ft Bragg? Was Barbara born in NC? Could she have been younger than she told you? Do you know what high school she attended? Do you recall her mother/father or brother's name? Did your friend say if she kept the baby? I'm searching NC birth and marriage records and any information you can provide would be helpful.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:57 PM

That other Tel number I posted (919) 340-0587) shows active on three sites so you might have better luck with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or