U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-11-2010, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 31,454 times

Advertisements

I never met by only knowing the fathers name and the approximate year of birth and the state she was born in. I just found out I have a half sister. My father is her father. He is dead now and never told us about her. I found out from an aunt that dosent have much info. I tried ancestory.com and came up with a birth and death record of a woman that shows my last name as fathers surname. The DOB dont jive though its about 5 years later. How should I proceed?

BTW I am knew here and want to say hello and thank you for any help you may be able to give.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 03:16 PM

139 posts, read 394,542 times
you should be able to find it in church registry or birthregistry or something . it is somewhere.he maybe payed support or something.then the bank has some info about the owner of that account.the possibilityes are many.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:44 PM

14,811 posts, read 8,117,275 times
My niece found her half sister a few years ago and both of them were in their late 50's. Her half sister did not even know about her as she didn't have contact with their mutual father or his family over the years. What was so mind boggling about this is that the half sister turned out to be living in the same little town in Idaho where my niece's step-father had been born and raised and my niece had visited that little town countless times over the decades, never knowing her half sister was living there all the time.

You might try some of the people search sites. Here are a couple:

People Search - Find Public Records at PeopleFinders

People Search & Background Check

Good luck.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:53 AM

3 posts, read 19,412 times
Default half sister

I'm in the same boat, and it is very frustrating. My search is for a half-sister in New Mexico; she was probably born in Alamogordo. I found out about her after my dad's death, and I don't believe she used his last name, so I am kind of SOL. Let me know if you find any ways to search for people when you have very little information. Thanks, and good luck!
Kathryn Garfield-Griffin

Old 03-13-2010, 05:00 PM

2 posts, read 31,454 times
Its to bad you cant just search birth certificates by town online. All these places that say they can do it want money and after you pay they have nothing.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 14,219 times
I'm looking for my half brother, he got taken away from his mother at 4 months old, i just found out about him, he was born in canton ohio in the 80's. I don't know his name though. Our father is Arthur Wilson.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:04 AM

3 posts, read 24,138 times
I am looking for my half sister tooo , we have the same father buht he wont tell me anything about her . Her name is Nyasia Capri Larkin-Hutson . everyday i hope shes prolly looking for me too buht i dont know if she knows about me & then on top of all that we have the SAME first name -___- all i know is that she is a senior at Mitchell High school this year & she lives in Colorado Springs CO . thats where i was born . i hope one day we meet .
- Nyasia S. Aznaran

Old 07-27-2012, 11:50 AM

1,477 posts, read 1,177,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyasia.Aznaran714 View Post
I am looking for my half sister tooo , we have the same father buht he wont tell me anything about her . Her name is Nyasia Capri Larkin-Hutson . everyday i hope shes prolly looking for me too buht i dont know if she knows about me & then on top of all that we have the SAME first name -___- all i know is that she is a senior at Mitchell High school this year & she lives in Colorado Springs CO . thats where i was born . i hope one day we meet .
- Nyasia S. Aznaran
check facebook. google her name.

High School Sports Stats : VarVee : Team

https://www.facebook.com/search/resu...=1343407705951

Old 07-27-2012, 05:58 PM

16,472 posts, read 31,224,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyasia.Aznaran714 View Post
- Nyasia S. Aznaran
Unless she is 18 y/o we don't help find them

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:20 AM

3 posts, read 24,138 times
well i finally got in contact with her , she was very strait forward . she told me we arent related , & that she knows who her real dad is & blaaah blaaaah . honestly i really hoped for her to be my sister buht its obvious she doesnt want anything to do with me , she even blocked her number when she called me . smh . i dont understand , i didnt do anything to her . she was like ; whats your purpose for all this? the **** , i told her i wanted to know my who my sister is. i was thinking in my head while she was speaking . i understand if you hate my father i dont even care about that . . i just wanted to get to know youu . .she claims that i prolly have a whole bunch of them out here buht thats bull**** . anyways i dont even relly care . i know i put forth a lot of effort to find her . then she shot me down . it made me upset when she said i prolly have more with the same name as me , thats just ' ludicrous ' as she would say . haha . man , im super disappointed in all this . its okay , she resembles me a lot in her younger pictures sooo i dont even care anymore -_- sorry for bothering your life Nyasia Larkin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search