Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2010, 08:02 AM

1,955 posts, read 5,265,395 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I've just screwed up a 0% interest for 12 months card by forgetting to pay and doing so 4 days late. (Due date was June 8, I just paid today).

They've already hit me with the $39.95 late fee. Fair enough.

Knowing that I've almost certainly screwed myself for the free interest, I decided to pay the balance in full today.

I have two questions:

1) Will I be on the hook for any additional interest, or does interest start kicking in on the balance at the next billing cycle?

2) Will the card in question report this late payment of 4 days to the credit bureaus? If so, when will the reporting be made? Would I be better applying for an attractive credit card offer now, or will the effect of this late payment on my credit card be negligible? I have a few attractive credit card offers I've been approved for that have been coming in the mail frequently, and I'm considering taking one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 01:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
You might want to cll them becuase if you have no other such late payments and you have a hiostroy many will drop the late fee even. I had to do this when a bill was past due being delevered late and they said no porbelm after looking at my account.Since then I have a program to keepup with bill dates as snail mail is getting worse and worse.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:04 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,537,386 times
You need to read the terms on the credit card and 0% rate. For instance, some will not change the rate unless you make 2 late payments.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:31 PM

201 posts, read 388,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
2) Will the card in question report this late payment of 4 days to the credit bureaus?
No. You have to be 30 days late with your payment for the cc company to report it as a late pymt to the credit bureau.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance